TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Am I early to a Nickleback concert? 

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#82 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:19 PM

It's funny.

We're deeper than the Rockets in my mind.

We brought in a bunch of young guys that Dwight could joke around with all he wants when we're losing, too. Guys like Young and Johnson are young, athletic guys that appeal to Howard's personality.

But as it stands, Houston is not that much better than our team. With Dwight aboard, we could've been a MUCH better team this following season.

But [expletive] happens.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dwight demanded a trade back to LA?

Posted Image

#83 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,143 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:21 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if Dwight demanded a trade back to LA?

Imagine if he'd waited till the 10th to make his decision :laughing:

he technically could have changed his mind throughout our signing process when we started getting people but it was too far or he'd ruin his rep even more ;)  sucks for him lol

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#84 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:23 PM

In all seriousness I wonder what Mitch has been pitching to these guys to get them to come though. Farmar and Kaman I can understand, but Young and Johnson can easily get bigger deals elsewhere. He must be telling them something like, "Come to LA and if you play well in the spotlight, you'll either get a big contract from us next season when all the money comes off the books or else some other team will give you a big contract."

Posted Image

#85 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,769 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:24 PM

In all seriousness I wonder what Mitch has been pitching to these guys to get them to come though. Farmar and Kaman I can understand, but Young and Johnson can easily get bigger deals elsewhere. He must be telling them something like, "Come to LA and if you play well in the spotlight, you'll either get a big contract from us next season when all the money comes off the books or else some other team will give you a big contract."

pretty much.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Kenyon Martin isn't better than anyone. He is a loser

As soon as you said loser especially you were exposed as a hater. Nice of you to just block out how he still contributed and gave a huge boost to that Knicks team last season as well as the Clippers the year before in the playoffs particularly against Memphis where he was chosen to play the important minutes being trusted more over DJ & at times Blake Griffin even. Just act like he's not still athletic, hustles like heck, protects the rim pretty well, can finish around the rim, hit free throws better than Dwight and occasionally can knock down a jumper.

It's kinda like your attitude against Matt Barnes. You disregard all the good things he can provide on the basketball court simply because he's a "punk".

Nate Robinson isnt going anywhere for the vet min

He might not, but it's certainly not impossible. Evidence numerous times has shown despite what he did for Chicago in the playoffs.

Stephen Jackson is mentally gone, his child died and he's old.

Could be, but if we are to assume he could focus enough and be the player he's capable of being, he's obviously far better than Wesley Johnson, no question about that and since we're talking about low risks, high rewards here & all...

Ronnie brewer is every bit as bad on offense as Johnson but 2 years older

Better defensively though and I tend to see him more consistently active & athletic around the rim.

Brandon wright is a ok player, but nobody to yearn for

Lengthy as heck. Can finish around the rim, nice hook shot, can hit the jumper, hits his free throws, and can contest pretty well when he wants to around the rim with that "luscious length" of his. By far better than R. Kelly and Sacre obviously.

yo.

#87 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,143 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Well yeah I mean us being off the books in 2014 isn't just appeaking to the max player free agents but it's also appealing to free agents on a one year deal thinking about that HUGE paycheck that could be coming their way from the Lakers if they perform well this year.  

With the Lakers finally being financially secure now, they know if they play well they can make bank next season cause the Lakers will no longer need to pinch pennies for fear of luxury tax.  

It's a big sales pitch. 

"Do well...and only Nash is on the books next year, we got enough money for two max contracts and some change...you up for the challenge?"

#88 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:28 PM

As soon as you said loser especially you were exposed as a hater. Nice of you to just block out how he still contributed and gave a huge boost to that Knicks team last season as well as the Clippers the year before in the playoffs particularly against Memphis where he was chosen to play the important minutes being trusted more over DJ & at times Blake Griffin even. Just act like he's not still athletic, hustles like heck, protects the rim pretty well, can finish around the rim, hit free throws better than Dwight and occasionally can knock down a jumper.

It's kinda like your attitude against Matt Barnes. You disregard all the good things he can provide on the basketball court simply because he's a "punk".

He might not, but it's certainly not impossible. Evidence numerous times has shown despite what he did for Chicago in the playoffs.

Could be, but if we are to assume he could focus enough and be the player he's capable of being, he's obviously far better than Wesley Johnson, no question about that and since we're talking about low risks, high rewards here & all...

Better defensively though and I tend to see him more consistently active & athletic around the rim.

Lengthy as heck. Can finish around the rim, nice hook shot, can hit the jumper, hits his free throws, and can contest pretty well when he wants to around the rim with that "luscious length" of his. By far better than R. Kelly and Sacre obviously.

I was about to do exactly what you did.  Aside from all the Superstars in the league LastStandoneandahalf hates on everyone haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#89 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:29 PM

So with all these young athletic 2-3 spot players, is MDA actually, well an.....ideal coach? Years prior I would've said yes, but at this point I feel like the man cannot do anything right, I don't even hate on him that much.

Edited by Ven, July 13, 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#90 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,143 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:33 PM

So with all these young athletic 2-3 spot players, is MDA actually, well an.....ideal coach? Years prior I would've said yes, but at this point I feel like the man cannot do anything right, I don't even hate on him that much.

yeah he is.

So is Phil.

But this is the kind of roster Mike D'antoni can do something with, our bench especially.

i expect our starting lineup to be more of the same but with better pick and roll ran with Kobe and Pau and Nash and Pau. 

But I expect our bench to run like D'antoni usually has his team runs considering having a point guard like Blake and a center like Kaman. and wings Young/Meeks, Johnson and Kelly.

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think Brandan Wright can definitely run the court better than both Pau & Kaman.

yo.

#92 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,143 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think Brandan Wright can definitely run the court better than both Pau & Kaman.

Just a matter if he takes the vets min.  If he does....wow our bench.....

#93 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,143 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:38 PM

But lately I don't expect us to sign Wright.

Cause the Mavericks after hearing the Lakers and Knicks are interested in him.

Cuban has decided to change their stance and will challenge an offer made as they have his bird rights...

So the Knicks just dropped out because of this.

if we offer Wright the vets min now, the Mavs will match.

It sucks, but Cuban ain't gonna let Wright come to us :laughing:

#94 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Brandan Wright won't be coming here.  He's been talking about a contract with the Mavs for around $4 million a year since last week. 

#95 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,143 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Brandan Wright won't be coming here.  He's been talking about a contract with the Mavs for around $4 million a year since last week. 

Yep, Knicks have just dropped out.

And the Mavs are prepared to match offers made as they have his bird rights.

So he won't be coming. 

Oh well.

We still are putting together a pretty solid bench.  Best bench we've had in a while.

Edited by Majesty, July 13, 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#96 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:41 PM

What they've done is surround Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol

With a bunch of young players and depth. They built this team pretty much the way that other texas team did. The 3 of your main core. Surrounded by youth and depth.

Problem is we don't have that other texas team's coach.

But the current coach we do have has made a career on making the types of players we picked up look good.

So we'll see.

Our bench definitely is gonna run more "his" style than our starting lineup.

Yeah I really like what they have done so far. It does somewhat mirror that Texas team minus the Coach lol. What I like most is the good mix of youth and athleticism with high IQ veterans. Frankly this team is much more balanced now. However MDA factor does sour my excitement but i do agree that these additions fit our coaches style. Whether success comes is another thing but im fairly optimistic. Got nothing to lose anyway.

Edited by jax24, July 13, 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#97 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:42 PM

What I like about what the Lakers are doing is they are essentially giving one year tryouts to young players and if they pan out, expect bigger contracts to be offered to them to round out next years team. 

The Lakers needed to get younger and there is no doubt that what is happening. 

#98 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,143 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yeah I really like what they have done so far. It does somewhat mirror that Texas team minus the Coach lol. What I like most is the good mix of youth and athleticism with high IQ veterans. Frankly this team is much more balanced now. Whether success comes is another thing but im fairly optimistic. Got nothing to lose anyway.

yep yep

You got veterans like Nash and Kobe mentoring people like Nick Young and Wesley Johnson.  

Those are two guys where if they play their roles right will be very good additions to the team, and Nick Young can be a difference maker, and Wesley Johnson could be an Ariza type that gets rebounds, put backs and does the athletic long defender "occasional" three pointer thing.

Again it's like that other texas team with veterans The French Rapper and that Guy with One Expression but without their Coach Mr. Neversmile Sarcasm.

I really like how we're building this team.   

Edited by Majesty, July 13, 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#99 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,225 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 13, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Another young piece

#100 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man