• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#241 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 19, 2013 - 08:32 AM

He needs to refine his skillset, and get a killer instinct. Hmmm, I wonder who on the Lakers can offer him insight on those things.

No one. We let Devin Ebanks go.

#242 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 19, 2013 - 08:38 AM

No one. We let Devin Ebanks go.

Ah [expletive]! I forgot! Oh well... If only we had one of the greatest players to ever hold a basketball, who just so happens to have an amazing skill set and vicious killer instinct...

#243 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Ah [expletive]! I forgot! Oh well... If only we had one of the greatest players to ever hold a basketball, who just so happens to have an amazing skill set and vicious killer instinct...

Traded Luke Walton two years ago.

#244 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 19, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Traded Luke Walton two years ago.

DAMNIT I FORGOT THAT TOO!!!

#245 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 08:54 AM

I believe LA will be good for Wesley's career. It is never late to start over.

• 40,416 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 10:46 AM

I hope he definitely does good as he definitely shows some potential and I will definitely be watching him closely over the next season definitely.

Andrew Bynum & Wesley Johnson must be best friends.

Serena Winters is kinda hot...

Yea she is, in a nerdy kinda of way 

She's okay guys, but honestly let's be real here. I think the fact that she works and knows so much Laker stuff is what really adds to the intrigue especially.

yo.

#247 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 21, 2013 - 05:51 AM

Wesley's not lacking confidence in this team as well as how far his game has progressed over the summer

Lakers have high hopes for Wesley Johnson

BPfUtoyCUAA9QLl.jpg

"My goal is to really contribute to try to bring back another ring," Johnson said. "After seeing the trophy and banners when I did come play, it brings excitement to me knowing I'll be playing for something like that.

"I'm blessed and thankful I'm here. I'm looking forward to lifting up a trophy this coming season."

Johnson said his game has "catapulted" after working on his shooting, ball handling and conditioning. He also added that averaging 13.4 points in 21 starts last season with Phoenix "boosted my confidence."

"It'll happen when the season starts as far as showing you how I've asserted myself," Johnson said. "Being in the gym a whole lot changed my whole mindset and going through what I was going through my first three years. Having been through that, it's come to an end.

Even though he said he had offers from a lot of different teams, Johnson considered it a "no-brainer" to sign with the Lakers at the veteran's minimum.

"This is a dream come true," Johnson said. "I always wanted to be a Laker. I can't even put into words how excited I am to be here. Knowing the heritage and history of the program and being here is going to bring out a lot of hard work and dedication from me on my behalf.

"That's how badly I want to be here."

More Here: http://www.dailynews...rce=most_viewed

Really like his mentality I hope his game has catapulted and we're getting him on the verge of a breakout year.  If him and Young both have breakout years, there is no doubt(if we remain healthy) that we will make some noise in the west.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#248 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,906 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Lets say Farmar is like Sessions was for us.

Wesley turns into a 10 point scoring, 3rd team all defense guy

Nick Young is what JRSmith was last season.

That would almost certainly make us the Spurs of this season.

#249 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 21, 2013 - 11:32 AM

^ lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#250 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 21, 2013 - 01:29 PM

^Never contributes, only criticizes people. LOL

• 40,416 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 07:25 PM

"It'll happen when the season starts as far as showing you how I've asserted myself," Johnson said.

Why not preseason as well?

yo.

#252 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,166 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 07:29 PM

^Never contributes, only criticizes people. LOL

Who? OP or Farmar?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#253 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Why not preseason as well?

pre-season probably too but I'm guessing pre-season will be when roles are defined and given :)

#254 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,138 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 21, 2013 - 07:43 PM

I hope antoni is consistent with his rotations. He can go 9 to 10 deep. Use your players. That's the only way they'll grow

#255 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,166 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 07:48 PM

I hope antoni is consistent with his rotations. He can go 9 to 10 deep. Use your players. That's the only way they'll grow

Or play them 45 minutes per game

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#256 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:00 PM

D'antoni actually said he intends to go 11 or 12 deep once our team is complete.

I'm guessing the 11 and 12 is basically Blake and Farmar and Meeks and Young depending on how D'antoni wants to split minutes or if he wants to play Young with Kobe in the 2nd half if Johnson is having an off game etc.  

11-12 deep during the season I don't mind as long as after all-star break we pretty much have a 10 man set in consistency.

Of course THAT is ALL dependent on our health.   No health = plans change.

Edited by Majesty, July 21, 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#257 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Who? OP or Farmar?

The poster above me

• 40,416 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:38 PM

^ Lol yeah, I thought that was pretty clear by the arrow pointing you posted.

yo.

#259 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:00 PM

D'antoni actually said he intends to go 11 or 12 deep once our team is complete.

I'm guessing the 11 and 12 is basically Blake and Farmar and Meeks and Young depending on how D'antoni wants to split minutes or if he wants to play Young with Kobe in the 2nd half if Johnson is having an off game etc.  

11-12 deep during the season I don't mind as long as after all-star break we pretty much have a 10 man set in consistency.

Of course THAT is ALL dependent on our health.   No health = plans change.

Nash has to be in the 25 minute range while Kobe is in the low 30s during the regular season. It will be nice to actually have athleticism and young players on the team next year! Should be fun to watch at the very least.

#260 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:49 PM

Nash has to be in the 25 minute range while Kobe is in the low 30s during the regular season. It will be nice to actually have athleticism and young players on the team next year! Should be fun to watch at the very least.

Honestly teams like ours are the kind our coach actually does marginally well with.

He sucks with top heavy teams though with no depth.

When he had a Knicks team with all that depth they were actually feasible, when they traded all their depth for Carmelo and had no depth whatsoever and went into CBA hell they got problems.  They were very fortunate to get JR Smith for such a low contract. 

But the unfortunate thing is they lacked the depth that made them effective.  That's why they went down in the first round easily with Woodson coaching them despite everyone saying they were "better" and that's why they got out in the 2nd round this year after going life or death with a Boston Celtics team without Rondo after dominating the series initially.  They were still a team that would lose to any of the top 3 teams in the East.   They faced the Heat the year prior and got eliminated, they scraped by the Celtics but when they faced a top team in the Pacers they went bye bye.  They will never be a top 3 playoff CONTENDING team with the way their team is constructed.   They may get the top 3 seed cause it's the EAST but if they play anyone 1-4 they are gone.  

Carmelo is begging for them to bring in another scorer or another person beside them but it can't happen.  Stoudamire's contract is killing them for 2 more years.   He wanted  Rondo but he gets Bargnani and Prigioni and loses Copeland

So yeah... NYC screwed themselves BIG TIME to make that Melo deal happen.  Destroying all your depth to pair Carmelo with Amar'e... yeaaaah......

Edited by Majesty, July 21, 2013 - 10:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users