#1 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted November 02, 2008 - 04:38 PM

I want to give some props to Lamar. He accepted his role to come off the bench, without any fuss, alot of players wouldn't be able to do that. He hasn't moped or complained, but has looked as aggressive as ever attacking the basket. Even when sitting on the bench he is showing alot of "Ronny" energy jumping up and down, cheering for his teammates. He has become the leader of the bench mob and has really impressed me. Hopefully he will be in the running for 6th man of the year,

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#2 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 04:38 PM

your right it is too early
Posted Image

#3 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 02, 2008 - 04:43 PM

have we even used the LO, Bynum, Gasol lineup during any games?

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#4 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:30 PM

Yes, props to Lamar. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#5 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:33 PM

That's good to hear Lamar man up and know his role. He should get the 6th man award this year if he steps up his game by game this season.

#6 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:37 PM

Yes, props to Lamar. :rolleyes:

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:39 PM

Well, I wouldn't really give him props, he's supposed to play well as a sixth man. Whatever, it's nice that he quit [expletive]ing and moaning about it.

#8 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:53 PM

Well, I wouldn't really give him props, he's supposed to play well as a sixth man. Whatever, it's nice that he quit [expletive]ing and moaning about it.

He wasn't crying about his role... it was the media and you guys making a big deal out of nothing.

#9 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:54 PM

He wasn't crying about his role... it was the media and you guys making a big deal out of nothing.

exactly what I was trying to say in my opening post, alot of other players would have complained and loathed, But LO took the role proudly and has looked good.

#10 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:57 PM

I never made a big deal about Lamar. I just tell people that he should know his role and play hard and hopefully Lamar won't cry about it as the season goes by.

#11 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:58 PM

Well...he wasn't too happy in the beginning. But, it's nice to see that he's flourished in the role. Not the amazing impact we were expecting (a la Ginobli), but sufficient. If LO keeps playing like he is, and we keep winning, it's all good.

#12 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:06 PM

He hasn't really flourished. His stats are down and I'm expecting a lot more from him on the court. I was pleasantly surprised to see him being a yell-leader (cheerleader is too feminine imo...) while on the bench though.

#13 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:08 PM

He hasn't really flourished. His stats are down and I'm expecting a lot more from him on the court. I was pleasantly surprised to see him being a yell-leader (cheerleader is too feminine imo...) while on the bench though.

Well his stats decrease was expected with Bynum coming back, And the role hes in, he is there to be a facilitator for the bench not really to put up regular LO stats

#14 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:15 PM

Well...he wasn't too happy in the beginning. But, it's nice to see that he's flourished in the role. Not the amazing impact we were expecting (a la Ginobli), but sufficient. If LO keeps playing like he is, and we keep winning, it's all good.

He wasn't happy about it, but you didn't see him crying and create any problems. Nobody should expect him to have the same impact Ginobli has for the Spurs because Odom is not the go to guy with the 2nd team. Odom doesn't run the offense with the 2nd unit and is not the main player with the 2nd unit. Odom usually plays with Gasol and Gasol gets more touches.

#15 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:18 PM

He wasn't happy about it, but you didn't see him crying and create any problems. Nobody should expect him to have the same impact Ginobli has for the Spurs because Odom is not the go to guy with the 2nd team. Odom doesn't run the offense with the 2nd unit and is not the main player with the 2nd unit. Odom usually plays with Gasol and Gasol gets more touches.

And why not Odom? He has the potential and talent to become a good 6th man for this team.

#16 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:18 PM

Exactly.

#17 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:22 PM

And why not Odom? He has the potential and talent to become a good 6th man for this team.

Manu is the main option with the 2nd unit and the offense runs through him, when he's in the game with the 2nd unit. He also sometimes plays with first team during the game. Odom is playing with the 2nd unit and the offense doesn't run through him like the Spurs run the offense for Manu. Manu is in the game to score and Odom is in the game to rebound, play defense, and get some easy baskets.

#18 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:26 PM

Manu is the main option with the 2nd unit and the offense runs through him, when he's in the game with the 2nd unit. He also sometimes plays with first team during the game. Odom is playing with the 2nd unit and the offense doesn't run through him like the Spurs run the offense for Manu. Manu is in the game to score and Odom is in the game to rebound, play defense, and get some easy baskets.

LO is the biggest enigma as far as players are concerned. He has all the tools to be a great player, he should be even more effective w/the second unit as he'll be playing against either tired starters or bench players. He can score whenever he wants to, he just doesn't. That's the most baffling thing about him. If only he would only realize that, then he'd be an even better sixth man than Manu Ginobli.

#19 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:28 PM

But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about that Lamar does have the potential and talent to take control of the 2nd unit if he wants to. So u don't believe he has what it takes to run the 2nd unit?

#20 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:32 PM

But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about that Lamar does have the potential and talent to take control of the 2nd unit if he wants to. So u don't believe he has what it takes to run the 2nd unit?

I think everyone knows that Lamar Odom has the ability to take over whenever he wants (as he is matched up against players that are either slower or smaller than him), but, for some strange reason, he doesn't. He has all the tools to be a great player, he's just never utilized them effectively enough over the course of his NBA career. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users