#21 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 10, 2013 - 09:58 PM

I believe Dwight Howard left, because he did not want to follow Shaq career patterns. 

#22 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 10, 2013 - 09:59 PM

By the way, another part of that article: 

id ride for kobe any day of the week than give in to the likes of a dwight howard.

ap1.png

#23 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,045 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:01 PM

This really crosses the line. Who the heck he thinks he is asking the Lakers to amnesty Kobe Bryant? He hasn't won anything and he is asking if the Lakers can amnesty Kobe Bryant.

I'm glad the Lakers didnt listen to this fool.

#24 Turbo

Turbo

Rookie

• 97 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:01 PM

Very interesting that Lakers were NOT going all lengths and giving in to his demands to re sign him. Didnt fire MDA or didnt amnesty Kobe like he wanted. In 2004 Lakers did everything Kobe wanted to have him re-signed

Yeah, but Kobe had already won 3 rings for the franchise and his determination was unquestionable. Dwit's determination to be a true winner is very much in question

#25 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,770 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:02 PM

If Dwight would have thought it through, he would realized that Kobe going down was the perfect opportunity for him to supplant Kobe as the franchise player.  All he had to do was come back like a beast, win over the team with his play and personality and people would have no problem ousting Kobe.

He wanted people to give it to him...that was not smart.

Don't forget:  Dwight JUST LIKE Shaq when it comes to his ability to win people over with his charm.  He's easy to like...Kobe is NOT...and people LOVED Shaq until he turned into a slew-foot, super-sized version of himself.

Dwight was Jim's chance to make his mark in Lakers' history...too bad Dwight was so short-sighted.

#26 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Wait...so, he (or his camp) asked the Lakers if they were going to amnesty Kobe?

LOL.

Dwight took the easy way out. These are the LA Lakers, and Kobe Bryant is an active legend. You don't just walk through the door and expect everything to be shoveled over to you.

#27 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,045 posts
  • Name:Karl

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wait...so, he (or his camp) asked the Lakers if they were going to amnesty Kobe?LOL.Dwight took the easy way out. These are the LA Lakers, and Kobe Bryant is an active legend. You don't just walk through the door and expect everything to be shoveled over to you.

You are damn right!, Real Deal

#28 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,747 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:08 PM

lol dwight howard 

zombie

#29 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Can't believed he asked them to amnesty Kobe. That is so disrespectful to Kobe and what he has done for the Lakers and the NBA. The more I hear about Dwight, the more I start to dislike him. The guy expects everything to be handed to him on a silver platter and doesnt want to work hard for it.

#30 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Why are these prima donna issues are coming up? who cares whos team is it is? You play your position and let Kobe play his. WTF man

WHy is he so worried about being the man and then running to Houston knowing Harden is gonna be the no.1 option, take the most shots and be the offensive center piece of the team?

Just makes no sense

He ran away from the pressure, he ran to a better situation for 2013 without giving the Lakers a chance to rebuild through the 2014 summer...and the spin job continues where they point the finger at everyone else but him. Ridiculous

I guess all those rumors were true...He is afraid of public perception, scared of the Shaq comparisons and his phonecall with Kobe where he wanted him to play like the champ Tyson Chandler

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#31 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:33 PM

You know what the funny thing is? We actually slowed the pace down here with the Lakers....in Houston, they run up and down, they jack up 3s, they run their offense around ideally taking/making corner 3s, fastbreak, I think they're tops in the league in pace. They dont give a rip about defense always cherry picking and they havent' addressed those needs this year in the perimeter.  All the issues he complained about here are gonna come up there....if they slow the offense down it doesnt help for HOU, other than Harden who can make some difficult shots they dont have any half court effective players

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#32 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:42 PM

I think Dwight wants the championship trophy to literally be handed to him. Literally.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,100 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:43 PM

The more I read this the happier I am he's gone.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:45 PM

And its stupid to think Kobe wouldn't pass the torch. Stupid. If you do your thing he will pass the torch and take a step back

2008 Olympics, 2012 Olympics and 3 titles with Shaq are enough track record

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 Aline

Aline

Rookie

• 319 posts
  • Fan Since:The womb (1982). Second-generation die-hard.

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:45 PM

I don't even have the words. On top of being a whiny crybaby, all this guy did was pout and underperform all season. He gets ejected during the final game and figures (based off of all that stellar criteria) that we're what, going to throw out one of our all-time greats like yesterday's garbage to soothe and stroke his fragile ego? When Kobe still has some miles left in the tank? Not to mention the stark contrast between his final appearance of the season and Kobe's.

The sheer nerve of them thinking Kobe getting amnestied is even within the realm of possibility. Not only did they massively undervalue Kobe's worth to this franchise and its fanbase by doing so, but they seem to think this organization is like all the others and will bend to his every whim based on potential alone. You have to prove yourself to get the keys to THIS castle, buddy. We're not desperate to have you stay. You leave, there will be another star more than willing to take your place. If not immediately, in the not-so-distant future. Count on it.

Edited by Aline, July 10, 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,100 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Wait...so, he (or his camp) asked the Lakers if they were going to amnesty Kobe?

LOL.

Dwight took the easy way out. These are the LA Lakers, and Kobe Bryant is an active legend. You don't just walk through the door and expect everything to be shoveled over to you.

You think after hearing all this the Lakers ultimately decided that he wasn't worth it?  Cause I'm sure this isn't the first time he's complained about Kobe.

Mitch was just a guy that didn't want to cater to Dwight if he asked for things like that.

So we hear that "firing D'antoni" wasn't gonna be one of the reasons he went over in the get together...

So "Could ya'll amnesty Kobe so it becomes my team" became one of them?

He ran.  Simply put, he ran. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#37 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 10:50 PM

You think after hearing all this the Lakers ultimately decided that he wasn't worth it?  Cause I'm sure this isn't the first time he's complained about Kobe.

Mitch was just a guy that didn't want to cater to Dwight if he asked for things like that.

So we hear that "firing D'antoni" wasn't gonna be one of the reasons he went over in the get together...

So "Could ya'll amnesty Kobe so it becomes my team" became one of them?

He ran.  Simply put, he ran. 

you can simplify it even more so.

He is a [expletive].

ap1.png

#38 L.A.7

L.A.7

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:09 PM

Wow if he seriously asked to have them amnesty Kobe. Many people would want to play alongside a legend and apparently Dwight didn't want to. I wonder if all the reports are true though. If it is, then it shows why they had a team meeting in Memphis.

#39 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:19 PM

#AmnestyThat

https://www.youtube....h?v=CeBYw0tXTDk

Edited by RobBlake, July 10, 2013 - 11:19 PM.

ap1.png

#40 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:19 PM

His sense of entitlement is ridiculous. All-world talent, but nothing in his head apparently. The sheer nerve of even floating the idea of an amnesty of Kobe Bryant. What a disrespectful piece of [expletive].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users