#41 RamsLakers24

RamsLakers24

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:45 PM

I would be sad if Kobe is looking for 12+ million a year still come next summer. The guy can bathe in money and if he takes a significant pay cut he puts not only the organization but himself in prime position to add to both their legacies. Two max contract players plus Kobe and a little more money for some solid surrounding talent is what the Lakers need, not players pushing 40 sucking up the entire cap.

#42 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,064 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Like i said. Lakers know how much Kobe will give them profits so why not give Kobe under the table money?  How will the NBA know?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#43 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Im sure there are teams that doesnt care if he can win the a championship or not but more about selling tickets.  You telling me those bad teams wouldn't pay him 30m when they know with Kobe, he can bring them in more than 30m profit?

I'm almost positive that other teams can't even offer him $30M a year under the CBA.

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Like i said. Lakers know how much Kobe will give them profits so why not give Kobe under the table money?  How will the NBA know?

Connections with the NSA perhaps?

yo.

#45 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,064 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:48 PM

I'm almost positive that other teams can't even offer him $30M a year under the CBA.

So you telling me besides the Lakers and cavs, in 2014 no other team will have enough cap room to sign Kobe?  Comon now.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#46 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:48 PM

The Lakers aren't going to pay Kobe a ridiculous amount of money when it would jeopardize the future of the franchise.

#47 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,360 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:49 PM

So you telling me besides the Lakers and cavs, in 2014 no other team will have enough cap room to sign Kobe?  Comon now.

You cannot offer a player that much money anymore. 

#48 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:49 PM

Because someone will eventually squeal. It ALWAYS happens. 

#49 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,064 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:51 PM

The Lakers aren't going to pay Kobe a ridiculous amount of money when it would jeopardize the future of the franchise.

Yes the Lakers wont but why would the bobcats even care about future and franchise?  Like i said before, Kobe will get his money else where. It just a matter of if Kobe wants to thats all.  Im sure there are bad teams who doesnt give a crap about future and winning and only care about selling tickets will pay Kobe a lot of money. You saying no team will want to do it and i disagree

#50 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:51 PM

Teams outside of the Lakers could not offer him that much no matter how much cap space they have.

#51 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,064 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:52 PM

You cannot offer a player that much money anymore. 

forget about how much. Kobe can still get the max if he wants to. It just certain teams wont do it. But there will be a team that will do it mainly for ticket purposes. thats my point. So for saying Kobe cannot get a big deal anymore is ludicrous

#52 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:57 PM

And to those thinking Kobe would play for an awful team just for money, put the bottle down.

#53 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,746 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:00 PM

He'll definitely take a pay cut - he's talking his game at the moment. If i was in his position i wouldn't be openly talking about contract cuts. He's a smart dude.

zombie

#54 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,717 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Start playing defense.

best defensive 2 guard SINCE MJ, and it's not close...Don't try and front on him now that he  is older

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:10 PM

^ When he wants to be, which let's be honest, is not often these days.

yo.

#56 hipster.doofus7

hipster.doofus7

Rookie

• 66 posts
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:31 PM

There is clearly a misunderstanding here.  And it's because people have different ideas of what a "pay cut" really means.

Strictly speaking, it means accepting a salary that's less than what you had before.  There's also the other interpretation, which is for a player to take less than his fair market value.  That is probably what Kobe meant.

I don't think Kobe is expecting to make $30 million dollars again in 2014.  He's not oblivious, after all.  But he clearly isn't interested in giving the team a "home town discount" either.  It doesn't sound like it even crossed his mind.  By taking a hard stance in negotiations, he just wants to make whatever he's worth in free agency next summer.  Depending on how well Kobe plays this season, that value could be anywhere from $12M to $20M.

#57 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,083 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:32 PM

people sure are showing their ignorance in this thread lol.

First of all, you are all so quick to cut one of the goat and one of the few players that lives, breathes, and sweats purple and gold? Didn't a player that "deserves" a max contract just skip town on us and half assed most of the season especially in the playoffs? If kobe is able to play like he did last year minus the injury, then he would deserve 15+ million easily for his impact play.   

Except kobe is not ignorant nor stupid to take a 20+ million dollar contract.. even if he could play up to it knowing how it could effect the team. 

Kobe is going to work with the front office to get as much as possible that is reasonable that will allow the team to get max players/ leave room for the future.

Now ask yourself, if you will take less money at your work place.

ap1.png

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Now ask yourself, if you will take less money at your work place.

You seriously wanna' compare this to average people like us? Most of us who don't have enough money to be chill, retire, & live more than comfortably the rest of our lives?

yo.

#59 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,083 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:38 PM

You seriously wanna' compare this to average people like us? Most of us who don't have enough money to be chill, retire, & live more than comfortably the rest of our lives?

it still applies. Money makes the world go around, you don't think a well off doesn't like his money? and doesn't want to continue to get as much as possible? remember how kobe almost got divorced and a lot of money was about to be given away?

ap1.png

#60 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,717 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Chicano, i think that's chicano...

Anyway

kobe is not a transition defender anymore, and he isn't a hustle player...That's the facts

he works SMARt on defense.

I kinda think people don't understand the game.

this is the easiest way to put it, when Kobe is NOT in the game, our defense goes to hell. 

Kobe , last season, was the best perimeter defender on the Lakers, and it wasn't even close.

people see Paul george's youth or Tony Allen's ferocity and that want Kobe to play d like that, meanwhile LeBron fooled PG for an EASY GW lay-up and it's little things like that, that you won't see from Kobe Bean.

his defense is more than good enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users