Photo

Would there be any scenario where LeBron and Kobe would both play for the Lakers in 2014/15?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 NBAFan24

NBAFan24

Rookie

• 14 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'Neal

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Many people have discussed the possible suitors for Lebron in the summer of 2014 which include the Heat, Lakers, Cavs, etc.

Is it at all possible that the Lakers would be able to acquire both LEBRON AND KOBE AS FREE AGENTS NEXT SUMMER?!!?

THINK OF THE HEADLINES! THINK OF THE ESPN MEDIA COVERAGE LOL!

Leave any thoughts down below!

727906_s.gif

KOBE BEAN BRYANT THE BLACK MAMBA 5 RINGS BABY WATCH OUT MJ!!!!!!!!!!

THE DWIGHT-MARE IS OVER WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!

#2 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:19 PM

This is so worthless. We have a freaking season coming up. And [expletive] lebron I don't want his contagious flopping affecting our team.

Of course you only have 6 posts

Edited by MrKnowItAll, July 10, 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,133 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yes its in the Carmelo thread...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:26 PM

This is so worthless. We have a freaking season coming up. And [expletive] lebron I don't want his contagious flopping affecting our team.

So if you were the Lakers GM next season and LeBron wants to sign with LA, you turn him away?

Wow

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#5 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:30 PM

So if you were the Lakers GM next season and LeBron wants to sign with LA, you turn him away?

Wow

Obviously if I was the gm I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I'm a fan, and i dont like lebron and it's mostly not even his fault. I just don't like how I can't watch sports tv because the media don't shut up about him, it gets pretty annoying.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, July 10, 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#6 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:30 PM

His 6 posts have nothing to do with it, this is a legitimate question that has been discussed, rather it pleases you or not.

It really boils down to how much we can cut and what happens this next season if we truly wanted to make LeBron an offer.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#7 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:32 PM

His 6 posts have nothing to do with it, this is a legitimate question that has been discussed, rather it pleases you or not.

It really boils down to how much we can cut and what happens this next season if we truly wanted to make LeBron an offer.

How much we can cut? We have no one on the books but Nash next year, there is nothing too cut. And I said its worthless because there's a thousand threads that address this.

#8 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:34 PM

How much we can cut? We have no one on the books but Nash next year, there is nothing too cut. And I said its worthless because there's a thousand threads that address this.

I just read an interesting take from Bill Simmons on this very issue. I don't agree with his plan, but I'm not calling people fools or worthless over it either.

Edited by -Wade-, July 10, 2013 - 03:36 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#9 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just read an interesting take from Bill Simmons on this very issue. I don't agree with his plan, but I'm not calling people fools or worthless over it either.

Didnt call anyone a fool and I said this is worthless, not the poster. The thread.

#10 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Didnt call anyone a fool and I said this is worthless, not the poster. The thread.

"The thread is worthless" turns into "you only have 6 posts"

I am ceasing discussion regarding this absurdity now, I refuse to get into a spectacle of equivocation with you.

wKNsigp.png

#11 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:40 PM

"The thread is worthless" turns into "you only have 6 posts"

I am ceasing discussion regarding this absurdity now, I refuse to get into a spectacle of equivocation with you.

Don't care, you brought it up.

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:40 PM

Alright knock it off. 

#13 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:51 PM

I agree. The media is the main reason I dislike LeBron. You can't turn on ESPN without them praising him like a god. And his flopping is another reason I can't stand him.

But if there's a chance he wants to play in LA then you take him straight away. I would still dislike him if he was a Laker but I would cheer for him cause he is on our team.

I don't think he will leave Miami though. Even if somehow they have a terrible season and lose Bosh, he is likely to stay because just have LeBron on the team will simply attract other quality player.

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:57 PM

I just don't get this whole "We're the Lakers, we shouldn't take LeBron" mindset. 

The guys is the best player in the game. Period.  We had one of the biggest floppers in NBA history in Derek Fisher and we loved him. 

Last I checked, the Lakers have a history for having the best players play for them.  Now I don't think it will happen unless we have Phil Jackson in the front office in a major capacity, but to say you don't want him here is flat out ridiculous. 

#15 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yep there's a scenario. If Kobe decides not to retire after next season and LeBron decides to sign here, haha. 

Of course the Lakers are going to do everything they can to try to lure him here. But I don't think he will come. In my opinion, LA should be going after younger guys and building chemistry from the ground up, especially if they can't land Carmelo or LeBron (I don't really want Melo here anyways). 

#16 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Dwight Howard is a guy that shields away from the greats and the pressure to be great. Everyone is saying how Dwight could not handle the pressure, and how he should not be in the same category as Wilt, Shaq, and Kareem.

With LeBron and the Lakers, his legacy will go through the roof if he comes here and wins. 

If he wins again in Miami, forget it, he is not coming.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#17 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:09 PM

I just don't get this whole "We're the Lakers, we shouldn't take LeBron" mindset.

The guys is the best player in the game. Period. We had one of the biggest floppers in NBA history in Derek Fisher and we loved him.

Last I checked, the Lakers have a history for having the best players in history play for them. Now I don't think it will happen unless we have Phil Jackson in the front office in a major capacity, but to say you don't want him here is flat out ridiculous.

I agree WC.

#18 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:11 PM

The guys is the best player in the game. Period.  We had one of the biggest floppers in NBA history in Derek Fisher and we loved him. 

Last I checked, the Lakers have a history for having the best players in history play for them.  Now I don't think it will happen unless we have Phil Jackson in the front office in a major capacity, but to say you don't want him here is flat out ridiculous. 

Good point on Phil Jackson. Howard would have stayed if he was around, and I think there's going to be a minor struggle for control between Jeanie and Jim, with Jeanie trying to get Jackson more influence and Jim Buss denying it. Of course in the end, Phil has better things to do and isn't going to put up with childish behavior and will probably just be around in the same capacity he is now, an informal advisor. 

#19 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:30 PM

Last I checked, the Lakers have a history for having the best players play for them.  Now I don't think it will happen unless we have Phil Jackson in the front office in a major capacity, but to say you don't want him here is flat out ridiculous. 

These are my sentiments, as much as I personally dislike him. I don't dislike his game, just some of his antics. If, by a longshot, there was a chance to land LeBron, you would be crazy not to try. He is a franchise player that will go down as one of the best to do it. I have to go with logic over emotion on this one.

wKNsigp.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, I thought true fans were all about putting the team first regarding winning and there's no question getting the best player in the game in LeBron would help us most to do that.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users