51 replies to this topic

#41 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 11, 2013 - 05:01 PM

I think if we get Corey, Tyrus, Nick and Farmar we will definitely make the Playoffs 100% These guys with Pau Nash Hill and Kaman could actually give Kobe the time he needs which IMO needs to be more like January February

Exactly, same thing with Kaman. I mean if the Warriors are singing everyone in sight, why not us. A good ole arms race, except were not much of a threat but still.

#42 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,823 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 05:07 PM

wow, dude has NEVER played a full season in the nba?

pass

13z8pc6.jpg

#43 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,290 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 11, 2013 - 05:12 PM

So when do they sign Corey.

#44 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 11, 2013 - 05:57 PM

If you played on the teams he played with you might not have either   :laughing:  I think plenty of players would shape up in LA. especially with Phil hanging around. Just think about the LO with us and LO with others. Think about Farmar, Ariza and Hill with us and these guys with other teams. All we need is Fisher on the coaching staff to keep Kobe in check and we're good 

wow, dude has NEVER played a full season in the nba?

pass

#45 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 06:27 PM

With Ron amnestied I see Corey being signed.  If not a Steve Blake trade will take place.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#46 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,472 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 11, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hell yea, great for the tank

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#47 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,201 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 08:59 PM

If you don't get LO then sure.

#48 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,615 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:19 PM

LO sucks. So does Corey. Farmar is a scrub too and Nick Young has plenty of flaws, but at least they're young. Wouldn't be too stoked on picking up Lamar or Corey. There's nothing you can do with an old player who hasn't had a good season in 3+ years. At least the young guys can run the floor.

I wouldn't hate picking either player up for the minimum, 1 year deal, but I'd rather give some younger players a shot. This is going to be a throw away year, we aren't competing for a championship, so let's not start a retirement home in the meantime.

#49 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,201 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Too bad Philly won't trade is Thad young. A front court a potential lineup of Thad young and Pau would be nice

#50 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:50 PM

The quesstion is ..is he still productive? I saw his year in detroit..he had a lot of injury issues.. but still averaged 15,0 ppg i think..

he averaged 15 in charlotte the year before. last season was 5 in 14 minutes, was only 18 games though.

he just hasnt really been efficient in a few years, maybe(big maybe) he can spot up some on the 3 but i dont see much point in signing him.

id rather find minutes for someone younger who could potentially have a future with the lakers.

id take sasha over him at this point and he bugs the [expletive] out of me.

I guess it wouldnt really hurt to give him a chance for now and see how spots pan out as i like maggette but like i said, playing him over younger players could be a waste imo.

Edited by SweatShop, July 11, 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#51 sneeks

sneeks

Kiss The Rings

• 211 posts
  • Fan Since:1976
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Magic & Cap

Posted July 12, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Maggette can score and get to the FT line but he's about as injury prone as it gets.

#52 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,713 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 12, 2013 - 05:11 PM

LO sucks. So does Corey. Farmar is a scrub too and Nick Young has plenty of flaws, but at least they're young. Wouldn't be too stoked on picking up Lamar or Corey. There's nothing you can do with an old player who hasn't had a good season in 3+ years. At least the young guys can run the floor.

I wouldn't hate picking either player up for the minimum, 1 year deal, but I'd rather give some younger players a shot. This is going to be a throw away year, we aren't competing for a championship, so let's not start a retirement home in the meantime.

every player has flaws unless we are talkig about top 5 players in the game.  We just need guys that can fulfill a role effectively and efficiently and then let our stars pull the rest

ap1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users