Posted Image

#123 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Center by Committee.  Next year it will include Gasol. 

#124 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:25 PM

How is Shaq goig to mentor Cousins into the most dominating player in the nba?

Shaq was dominant because he was 7'1 300 pounds. You can't teach that...

shaq was dominant because he was a highly skilled and agile 7'1 and 300+ lbs. find another man that size that moves as well or is that talented at reading defenses and making the right play. there are many things that dwight could learn from merely watching shaqs old games. how to pitch and repost for one, sealing his man(granted shaq had an edge there) , protecting the ball down low, passing to name a few.

idk of shaqs teaching abilities and i wouldnt expect another player to be able to use his skills to quite the same effect but he certainly knew how to play the game and has the experience to be able to help.

eventually they will have another great center, if one ever hits the league that is lol. cousins is good offensively but his maturity is problematic though i do like what he said about BG.

Edited by SweatShop, July 15, 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#125 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,487 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 15, 2013 - 03:37 PM

shaq was dominant because he was a highly skilled and agile 7'1 and 300+ lbs. find another man that size that moves as well or is that talented at reading defenses and making the right play. there are many things that dwight could learn from merely watching shaqs old games. how to pitch and repost for one, sealing his man(granted shaq had an edge there) , protecting the ball down low, passing to name a few.

idk of shaqs teaching abilities and i wouldnt expect another player to be able to use his skills to quite the same effect but he certainly knew how to play the game and has the experience to be able to help.

eventually they will have another great center, if one ever hits the league that is lol. cousins is good offensively but his maturity is problematic though i do like what he said about BG.

Highly skilled is a little over the top. When I think highly skilled then I think of Hakeem and Duncan. Shaq relied way more on his size than on his skill. He was dominant because oh his size, not so much because of his skill.

#126 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Cousins can make himself dominant by stopping his ass of an attitude

He has more talent than any center

He's 6'11" 270. Can shoot, post, pass and dribble. Good athlete as well

But he's an idiot. Which is too bad because he could be very good. A 20 and 10 guy easily with his head on straight
Posted Image

#127 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:58 PM

My plan for the forseeable future:

Kyle Lowry

Kobe Bryant

Carmelo Anthony

Greg Monroe (or KLove in 2015, or Cousins if he is available)

Pau Gasol

We shall see...

Edited by Calisupra2nr, July 15, 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#128 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:36 AM

What! Lmao Noooo! We dont need Carmelo on the team and Kyle Lowry isnt a good enough distributor to handle this load... Cousins or Greg Monroe but Cousins upside is much better

#129 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,463 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 16, 2013 - 01:44 PM

What! Lmao Noooo! We dont need Carmelo on the team and Kyle Lowry isnt a good enough distributor to handle this load... Cousins or Greg Monroe but Cousins upside is much better

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#130 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:51 PM

How consistent was Kobe's jumper his first 3 years in the league. We all know how that turned out    81!!!!!

How can you disregard Wall because he has no consistent jumper, but then big up Jennings because "He would be a role player mixed with Kobe/whoever we get."

What do you think Wall would be? You think we would count on him to carry us on his back or something? Yeah lets go get Wall and expect him to deliver without any other player. He would be a 2nd or even 3rd scoring option. He is better at everything then Jennings. Scoring, assists, defensively, rebound wise, even just pure speed and athleticism, Wall is just better. Oh and a year younger.

#131 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Gortat

I think the League is moving away from a big time scoring Center mold to a Defense 1st Center who doesnt suck on offense and in free throws. 

Someone like Noah (although he can be a good offensive player time to time), Asik, Chandler...these guys put Defense 1st

We need someone like that

Edited by MDI, July 17, 2013 - 09:01 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#132 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,138 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Enes kanter for me. Has all the tools. Maybe the strongest big in the league. He's only 21 or 22 I believe. Dunno if Utah lets him go tho

#133 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton

Posted July 18, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Both of those stiffs can stay where their at

#134 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Eh?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=pkuwld3

#135 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Only centers better then Cousins are Howard and Marc Gasol.

Noah, Chandler and Hibbert might be better defensively but not offensively.

I'd take Cousins in a heartbeat.

Eh?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=pkuwld3

Haha. Please tell me why Indiana does that trade. I would for sure but no way they do.

#136 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 18, 2013 - 12:59 PM

because bird likes white guys

#137 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 01:31 PM

Oh you were being sarcastic. Should have realized that. :D

#138 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,463 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 20, 2013 - 05:39 PM

this guy

mcgee_300_080730.jpg

Just make him work with Kareem... he'll be aight =P

you think im joking too =P I'm really not lol.     He's honestly not that bad at all and with a point guard such as Nash and veterans around him I think he'd do just fine in what we'd ask him to do.

He may make boneheaded plays from time to time but I honestly always have loved his effort and felt that if he had a center like Kareem to tutor him he'd be pretty dominant. 

He wouldn't need to be "dominant" here but he'd be a better defender than Gasol at the rim ;)  Not to mention the athleticism and finishing ability.. he also shoots nearly 60% from the field but.. i don't know.. maybe I'm crazy lol

But aside from his boneheaded plays I always loved his game and potential.

But unfortunately his contract cuts into our plans for 2014 and 2015 =p  And idk how much of that will be left in the next 2 years when it's up.   He will only be 27 by then though and if his game keeps advancing. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.

With his size ability, natural defensive instinct and athleticism this guy SHOULD for all intents and purposes be dominating right now, and it's not for lack of effort but guidance, cause he does try hard and I'd never question his desire to win, if we snag him in 2 years and have Kareem mentor the guy, he may be a worthwhile risk.  Low risk high reward.

But who knows, maybe I'm the only guy that feels that way, but to me I think he'll be worth a chance in 2 years when that contract ends and he's 27.  May be the right time to snag him honestly.   But again who knows.. perhaps I'm the only person that feels this way.

Edited by Majesty, July 20, 2013 - 05:52 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users