137 replies to this topic

#101 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 13, 2013 - 05:43 PM

I think Allstar game should tell you a "C" is not as important as it used to be. Lakers need future SG, SF, & PF to carry them as Title Contenders in 5yrs & longer.

i know what you mean in the fact that there just arent very many good ones anymore to have to contend with but that is still the most sought after position in basketball.

just look at all this hoop jumping for d12, a guy that shows limited offensive talent, lack of maturity on so many levels and has made the same mistakes since he came to the league. he would be a footnote many years ago but is now the best center in the game.

bynum is held together with duct tape and he could still make 12 per season.

every team is dying to get that dominant force in the paint.

id compare it to having nuclear weaponry, its always good to have but much more fun when nobody else has it.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#102 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 13, 2013 - 08:18 PM

not having a lot of good centers is all the more reason to have the center be the most sought after...cause there are less good ones!

#103 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,166 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 08:27 PM

LeBron makes like $30 million a year just in endorsements. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#104 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Stephen Curry will always be better than Wall

#105 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,166 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Are you sure Morris is not better than both of them?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#106 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Are you sure Morris is not better than both of them?

Morris is the GOAT

#107 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2013 - 04:45 AM

At what. Being a scorer? Probably. At being a real PG, Wall can edge it.

Edited by 8RingKobe, July 14, 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#108 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:41 AM

Hell no

[ Descriptionquote name="BasketballIQ" post="1387075" timestamp="1373760474"]Wall for 10
Kobe for 10
Melo for 14
Pau for 8
Cousins for 11
Nash for 9
Nick Young for 5
Landry on cheap deal
Ariza
Sacre for cheap
Vets like Reggie Evans for minimum[/quote]
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#109 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Both show signs of high ceilings. Curry more controlled but he so thin and doesn't have alot of elevation. More of a 2 trapped in pg body. Wall more dynamic athletic but still wild

At what. Being a scorer? Probably. At being a real PG, Wall can edge it.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#110 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:38 AM

lol I have to agree with the center thing^. We love post presence. It's been part of most of our championship. so we're probably gonna continue with that tradition

With that said Cousins grit conbined with Pau finesse is championship bound! He has post moves, can rebound and is a anchor defensively! Pau is truly a PF at heart and cant anchor a defense but is great as a power forward

#111 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:53 AM

How on earth does Wall deserve 15M a year when every other PG in his class or around his class (Curry, Lawson, Jrue) were in the market for 10-11M?  Only an idiot GM would pay Wall 15M a year especially considering his jump shot is shaky. 

Lawson and Jrue arent in his class lmao!

#112 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Unless you want to consider Wall a much better player than Curry, Jrue or Lawson then its a bad move to give him all star leader quality paper at 15M.  Same with Cousins.  The NBA has seen plenty of highly talented guys come and go based on attitudes.  Cousins can't even lock down and become the leader in Sactown where the option to do so is wide open.  Imagine him in LA after bad games (and he will have them).  Imagine how the media will tear him down and imagine how he will react to it.  Now think about how that 15M could be better spent. 

Why would he want to lockdown and become a leader on a team thats in shambles, coaching problems and a terrible culture before he got there. There are alot of things to be excited about in LA without getting angry. He isnt a coward (dwight)! He is just angry about his situation and a team that doesnt want to compete.

#113 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:05 AM

Curry is the only one better then Wall. An he is far more injury prone. Wall ceiling is far higher then Holiday and Lawson.

Is he worth 15m ATM? No, but that's what we would have to pay at least for Wizards to not match IMO. He could easily be worth that 15m in two years if he progresses a little bit.

You seem to underrate Wall a lot.

Wall ceiling is with Derrick Rose, Westbrook, Rondo and Paul in the right market! He is 22 years old.. Which one of them he named can say that with the numbers

#114 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:11 AM

It all depends what Kobe takes.  Eric Pincus was talking about a scenario if Kobe took the minimum (unlikely I know), that the Lakers could add two max players PLUS a 16 million a year player.  So in that scenario yes, that's a solid deal.  Depending how he progresses this season, then you can make a better determination on what he should make.  As of right now, if he is a player that's going to be one of our top two future players, that worries me.  What I think will happen is the Lakers will get one max player next off-season and saving enough money to give Kevin Love the other max deal in 2015.

But back JW, what I like about him is his flash.  His exciting type game would make him a favorite here in Los Angeles.

Thats nice but I'd rather build a team than have max players like Melo and Lebron. Players that blend on a team. Pay Phil and let him pick his remaining players outside of Wall, Kobe, Pau and Cousins. I defensive, athletic shooter at the SF. Someone of Iguodala caliber plus a bench.

#115 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,795 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:24 AM

I would take a look at Greg Monroe.
Impossible is nothing.

#116 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:43 AM

I would take a look at Greg Monroe.

I like Cousins size and skill over Monroe! Plus he is a better free throw shooter. No flaws in his game. Monroe is nice but Cousins has more upside in my opinion

#117 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,340 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Centers are archaic. Ball finds energy!

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#118 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hall of Fame centers double the rings hall of fame point guards have

WALL

BRYANT

GEORGE
GASOL
COUSINS

Edited by GeeQ, July 15, 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#119 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,138 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Enes kanter anyone?

#120 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 12:02 PM

There is a reason the NBA like any sport has such changes stylistically

It's a copy cat league. One team wins with a bigger slower game other teams try to catch up and build around a center

Those bigger slower teams get older and combatted with smaller faster teams so teams try to build around wings

At the end of the day, to win it all you have to be at the forefront of change. The leader

Miami spearheaded the athletic basketball movement surrounding switching defensively, forcing turnovers and getting on the break.

Eventually a center will come along that will dominate the league because of how much smaller it went. And teams will start to get bigger again

My point is the lakers as they've always done should build around a big man. At the end of the day big men will always come back in style. A guy who can get 2 points 55+% of the time will eventually become in style again once the right guy comes along

The league will eventually return to a slower pace barring rule changes.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users