#81 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 13, 2013 - 06:34 AM

We need to land Andre Drummond!!!

Yea as it stand right now I'd prefer Drummond over Cousins. Even Monroe has some solid stats. I do believe they will move one or the other with the addition of Smith. That front line has absolutely no spacing, and you don't want to keep Smith away to be shooting three's.

As for Shaq mentoring Cousins, Shaq throughout his career mostly relied on his natural abilities and dominance, terrible training and work ethic. Amongst the numerous factors Kobe disliking him ,and even PJ saying 00-01 season was the only season he ever saw him in game shape, only MVP year by the way. Cousins will never be as dominant as Shaq, he needs real work ethic and discipline.

Edited by Ven, July 13, 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#82 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 13, 2013 - 06:53 AM

I wouldnt want 385lbs Shaq from RIng 3 nor the guy that dressed when they lost to Pistons in Finals.

But the Shaq that was with Magic? Yes him. BUt who is that out there in the field right now?

The Lakers will always look for a Monster Center. It's who we are. Why would we change after 60 years and a million championships. You cant teach size. Centers don't matter as much now because most of them suck. Are you telling me you wouldn't want Shaq in his prime right now???

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#83 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,640 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 13, 2013 - 03:03 PM

How on earth does Wall deserve 15M a year when every other PG in his class or around his class (Curry, Lawson, Jrue) were in the market for 10-11M?  Only an idiot GM would pay Wall 15M a year especially considering his jump shot is shaky. 

Wall, yes he deserves it. Cousins will cause centers make the big bucks easy nowadays even though his attitude says otherwise. But he still puts up the numbers for a contract like that..

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#84 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,640 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 03:10 PM

Unless you want to consider Wall a much better player than Curry, Jrue or Lawson then its a bad move to give him all star leader quality paper at 15M.  Same with Cousins.  The NBA has seen plenty of highly talented guys come and go based on attitudes.  Cousins can't even lock down and become the leader in Sactown where the option to do so is wide open.  Imagine him in LA after bad games (and he will have them).  Imagine how the media will tear him down and imagine how he will react to it.  Now think about how that 15M could be better spent. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#85 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,852 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Wall for 10
Kobe for 10
Melo for 14
Pau for 8
Cousins for 11

Nash for 9
Nick Young for 5
Landry on cheap deal
Ariza
Sacre for cheap
Vets like Reggie Evans for minimum

#86 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,177 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Wall for 10
Kobe for 10
Melo for 14
Pau for 8
Cousins for 11

Nash for 9
Nick Young for 5
Landry on cheap deal
Ariza
Sacre for cheap

Melo for 14? Also the wizards would match 10 for wall, I'm pretty sure he's restricted.

#87 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Wall for 10
Kobe for 10
Melo for 14
Pau for 8
Cousins for 11

Nash for 9
Nick Young for 5
Landry on cheap deal
Ariza
Sacre for cheap

You're about 5 million off on each of the starters. 

#88 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,640 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:17 PM

The Wizards would probably match him at any price.  Melo isnt signing in LA for 14 million either.  Makes 0 sense financially and whether or not the Lakers are better option than NY has yet to be determined.

#89 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,692 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:18 PM

The Wizards would probably match him at any price.  Melo isnt signing in LA for 14 million either.  Makes 0 sense financially and whether or not the Lakers are better option than NY has yet to be determined.

it was the determined the minute they got Bargnani to ensure that Carmelo would never play the 4 again.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#90 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Unless you want to consider Wall a much better player than Curry, Jrue or Lawson then its a bad move to give him all star leader quality paper at 15M. Same with Cousins. The NBA has seen plenty of highly talented guys come and go based on attitudes. Cousins can't even lock down and become the leader in Sactown where the option to do so is wide open. Imagine him in LA after bad games (and he will have them). Imagine how the media will tear him down and imagine how he will react to it. Now think about how that 15M could be better spent.

Curry is the only one better then Wall. An he is far more injury prone. Wall ceiling is far higher then Holiday and Lawson.

Is he worth 15m ATM? No, but that's what we would have to pay at least for Wizards to not match IMO. He could easily be worth that 15m in two years if he progresses a little bit.

You seem to underrate Wall a lot.

Edited by 8RingKobe, July 13, 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#91 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,322 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Wall ceiling and potential is higher than Curry's too

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 13, 2013 - 04:39 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#92 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Wall ceiling and potential is higher than Curry's too

Curry's shot is ridiculously better then Wall's. Can Wall be better then Curry, maybe? They will both be very very good so doesn't matter to me.

He put up better numbers then both Holiday and Lawson though. He is and will be better then both of those.

#93 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,322 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:47 PM

The only thing curry is better than Wall is shooting no one is arguing that. Wall can def be better than Curry tho.

#94 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:48 PM

Curry's shot is ridiculously better then Wall's. Can Wall be better then Curry, maybe? They will both be very very good so doesn't matter to me.

He put up better numbers then both Holiday and Lawson though. He is and will be better then both of those.

Curry's shot might be better than anyone in NBA history when it's all said and done :laughing:

As a pure point guard, Wall's ceiling is far higher than Curry's although Curry has shown improvement playing the position. It depends on what you need on your team.  If you're looking for a Russel Westbrook type player, that could very well be Wall but with better playmaking skills.

#95 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,322 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:51 PM

Curry's shot might be better than anyone in NBA history when it's all said and done :laughing:

As a pure point guard, Wall's ceiling is far higher than Curry's although Curry has shown improvement playing the position. It depends on what you need on your team.  If you're looking for a Russel Westbrook type player, that could very well be Wall but with better playmaking skills.

better passer and better court vision too.

#96 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 04:54 PM

As a pure point guard, Wall's ceiling is far higher than Curry's although Curry has shown improvement playing the position. It depends on what you need on your team. If you're looking for a Russel Westbrook type player, that could very well be Wall but with better playmaking skills.

Word. It's just so smooth.

Yeah I know. I rate Wall extremely high. So do you think 15m to Wall is to much? I definitely don't think so. I would love it so much if we could land him.

#97 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 05:14 PM

Word. It's just so smooth.

Yeah I know. I rate Wall extremely high. So do you think 15m to Wall is to much? I definitely don't think so. I would love it so much if we could land him.

It all depends what Kobe takes.  Eric Pincus was talking about a scenario if Kobe took the minimum (unlikely I know), that the Lakers could add two max players PLUS a 16 million a year player.  So in that scenario yes, that's a solid deal.  Depending how he progresses this season, then you can make a better determination on what he should make.  As of right now, if he is a player that's going to be one of our top two future players, that worries me.  What I think will happen is the Lakers will get one max player next off-season and saving enough money to give Kevin Love the other max deal in 2015.

But back JW, what I like about him is his flash.  His exciting type game would make him a favorite here in Los Angeles.

#98 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,852 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 13, 2013 - 05:17 PM

LeBron makes 17, Melo is only playing in 1 of 3-4 cities.
14 is a great deal if he knows he is playing where he wants with whom he wants.

#99 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,177 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 05:39 PM

I think curry got that contract because he had glass ankles. A lot if people were surprised about how much GSW committed to him after being so injury prone the year before.

#100 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,177 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 05:41 PM

LeBron makes 17, Melo is only playing in 1 of 3-4 cities.
14 is a great deal if he knows he is playing where he wants with whom he wants.

Lebron is making 19mil actually. And he, bosh, and wade all took less so that they could play together. They each took about 15mil less over the lifetime of their contracts.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, July 13, 2013 - 05:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users