137 replies to this topic

#61 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 11, 2013 - 10:49 AM

I disregard the pairing of Wall & Cousins menaing a Title Contender for LA.

Now if you want to mix Wall & LaMarcus maybe but not COusins. Jennings is a better defender & better pure PG in a real NBA system. Wall is a lil bigger & can jump higher thats about all he got on BJ.

I think whomever it is at times yes they will have to carry the squad until Kobe returns to last yr form or close as possible.

Not sure how Jennings is a more pure PG, he is a pure chucker that scores less and gets less assists then Wall.

Oh and BJ a better defender. :D He doesn't defend.

#62 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 10:58 AM

i have the ticket as well (have for many years now) & I dl games & have a large catalogue of games from every era many teams not just my Lakers. Plus Im a hooper for life so Im still playing. Most of the NBA analyst are worthless even  some of the former players when giving their assessment about the game.

I doubt very seriously your watching the Wizards play anybody, unless you are a John Wall fan and im also a hooper of Im very sure Brandon jennings doesnt compare to Wall in any category even. You cant compare Jennings to Alpha point guards. The league is going to a different type of point guard. Those small guys get broke up as Tony Parker was broke down. Wall isnt a defensive liability when the Lakers play anybody. OKC, The Bulls, Heat, Warriors or anybody. He is a asset when with talent with a 44 percent field goal percentage. Looks like he is more efficient by alot with more assist. Isnt that what a point guards role is hooper to hooper. Control the tempo of the game

Edited by GeeQ, July 11, 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#63 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Not sure how Jennings is a more pure PG, he is a pure chucker that scores less and gets less assists then Wall.

Oh and BJ a better defender. :D He doesn't defend.

Doesnt defend at all

#64 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,592 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 11, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Monroe and Cousins are both RFA next year. Bogut will be a UFA next season to.

I could totally see Demarcus cousins signing with the lakers

#65 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,921 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 11:10 AM

I wouldn't want Cousins until he gets his act together. Some of us (including myself) disliked some of Dwight's mental weaknesses. The last thing we need is another drama queen center.

But if he wants to start getting serious about his game and winning? I'd take him.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#66 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Frustration is likely when your at a franchise that doesnt mind losing and your not use to losing at any point in life plus he is young. A millionaire would go MAD if he had to work at a company that is paying him 50,000 a year

Edited by GeeQ, July 11, 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#67 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,158 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 11, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Im a bball junkie I watch all different games for certain player matchups. Im not a big Wall fan but I think he is a talent. I dont view neither Wall nor BJ as alpha male = like Rose, Rondo & Westbrook. All Pg's in NBA have a hard time guarding any of the other PG in PnR setting. 1 on 1 defending is different. Yes you want efficient PG no doubt. Could Wall have done those same #s with BJ bucks team I dont think so.

I doubt very seriously your watching the Wizards play anybody, unless you are a John Wall fan and im also a hooper of Im very sure Brandon jennings doesnt compare to Wall in any category even. You cant compare Jennings to Alpha point guards. The league is going to a different type of point guard. Those small guys get broke up as Tony Parker was broke down. Wall isnt a defensive liability when the Lakers play anybody. OKC, The Bulls, Heat, Warriors or anybody. He is a asset when with talent with a 44 percent field goal percentage. Looks like he is more efficient by alot with more assist. Isnt that what a point guards role is hooper to hooper. Control the tempo of the game

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#68 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Im a bball junkie I watch all different games for certain player matchups. Im not a big Wall fan but I think he is a talent. I dont view neither Wall nor BJ as alpha male = like Rose, Rondo & Westbrook. All Pg's in NBA have a hard time guarding any of the other PG in PnR setting. 1 on 1 defending is different. Yes you want efficient PG no doubt. Could Wall have done those same #s with BJ bucks team I dont think so.

I think so! The Bucks have a better nucleus and Monte is the star there and almost has more assist and is more efficient than the point guard there. He moves great without the ball also.

Edited by GeeQ, July 11, 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#69 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,381 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 12, 2013 - 03:15 AM

The Lakers will always look for a Monster Center. It's who we are. Why would we change after 60 years and a million championships. You cant teach size. Centers don't matter as much now because most of them suck. Are you telling me you wouldn't want Shaq in his prime right now???

I think Allstar game should tell you a "C" is not as important as it used to be. Lakers need future SG, SF, & PF to carry them as Title Contenders in 5yrs & longer.

#70 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 08:47 AM

lol I have to agree with the center thing^. We love post presence. It's been part of most of our championship. so we're probably gonna continue with that tradition

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#71 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 08:54 AM

I could totally see Demarcus cousins signing with the lakers

Plus isn't Shaq now mentoring Cousins??? I remember he said he would make Cousins the most dominate player in the NBA so maybe that could influence him to join LA idk haha.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#72 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:31 AM

We need to land Andre Drummond!!!

#73 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:42 AM

We need to land Andre Drummond!!!

Detroit won't let him go.

#74 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,472 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:05 AM

Plus isn't Shaq now mentoring Cousins??? I remember he said he would make Cousins the most dominate player in the NBA so maybe that could influence him to join LA idk haha.

How is Shaq goig to mentor Cousins into the most dominating player in the nba?

Shaq was dominant because he was 7'1 300 pounds. You can't teach that...

#75 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,833 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Lakers aren't getting any of these guys.  First off they are all or would be RFA when the time comes.  This brings up 2 things.  If they are good enough to that the Lakers really want them then the other team would feel compelled to match.  If they aren't willing to match that poses the question "Why would you overpay for a guy that ____ wouldn't want?" 

Another way would be via S&T deal.  In 2014 Lakers have 0 players on the books outside of Nash.  So that kills any possible S&T deals unless a Laker FA wants to go to the team where the potential guy is being traded from. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#76 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,833 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:43 AM

A simpler way to put it, do you really want to pay top dollar for a guy like Cousins or Wall if their respective teams won't even do it?  Tyreke just got a 40 million dollar deal from the Pelicans.  These guys are better than him.  You really think those 2 are worth offering a 14-15 million a year over 4 years to?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#77 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:52 AM

A simpler way to put it, do you really want to pay top dollar for a guy like Cousins or Wall if their respective teams won't even do it? Tyreke just got a 40 million dollar deal from the Pelicans. These guys are better than him. You really think those 2 are worth offering a 14-15 million a year over 4 years to?

Wall, yes he deserves it. Cousins will cause centers make the big bucks easy nowadays even though his attitude says otherwise. But he still puts up the numbers for a contract like that..

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#78 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Mozgov plz, GIVE HIM THAT STARTING JOB AND LET HIM EXCEL

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#79 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:27 AM

Detroit won't let him go.

If they let Chauncey go I'm sure they will let Drummond go

#80 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 13, 2013 - 06:27 AM

@WojYahooNBA: Respected NBA executive of 20-years plus tells me that Chicago's Jahlil Okafor is the most skilled high school center he's ever scouted.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users