#41 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:36 AM

Getting two guys like Wall and Cousins would be the smartest idea for the future. Sure having Melo would be great but only for 3-4 years, and then we would be stuck in the same position as we are now with an ageing superstar. A duo of Wall and Cousins could be our core for the next 8-10 years if they stay healthy and if Cousins doesn't turn into a psychopath.

I think being in Hollywood actually will take a little of the grit from him! Plus Shaq playing big brother role will turn him to other things like banquets and eating caviar. Wall is with Payton as we speak. I already know Shaq angle and that is recruiting when he said he was mentoring Cousin

#42 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:38 AM

I would have liked that SF to have been iguodala but thats out of sight! If Phil had this team right here, Kobe would win two more before riding into the sunset. The throne that Jordan left to Kobe is still his because his Air lol hasnt come yet

Definitely two more. IMO..

Last time a PG lead a team to the finals was actually Jason Kidd.

Not expecting Wall to lead us to the finals by himself. He would be perfect to get though. He is crazy athletic, will improve his defense which is already decent and can score and assist. Only 22. He will still get a lot better.

#43 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Definitely two more. IMO..

Not expecting Wall to lead us to the finals by himself. He would be perfect to get though. He is crazy athletic, will improve his defense which is already decent and can score and assist. Only 22. He will still get a lot better.

Exactly! Im not expecting Wall to lead us to another finals but he is a chess piece for the mamba! An aged Kobe with youth around him that can do their thing when he is resting. Those two players will leave left over money for other pieces off the bench and another wing because after next year Kobe salary is dropping alot too along with Pau and Nash is off the books! The most money might come from what they may have to offer Phil since they spit in his face

Edited by GeeQ, July 10, 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#44 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,542 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Future Center will probably be Marc Gasol so we can pair him with Pau. Both of these two in the triangle would kill a lot of teams even if Pau is old.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#45 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,510 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 12:42 PM

i want kevin love to play the pf/c role pau has played for us

bw1wOGf.png

#46 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'd wanna see us only take Melo next year and possibly DeMarcus cousins if possible.  If not wait till 2015 and sign both Marc Gasol and Kevin Love.

Nash, Kobe, Melo, Love, Marc Gasol.  May seem like a pipe dream but it's very possible financially.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#47 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 10, 2013 - 01:23 PM

I've read reports about how Drummond has better per-36 stats than Dwight in his rookie year (13.8 PPG and 13.2 RPG to be precise vs. 12 and 10 for DH), and he's similar in his ability to dominate physically. It seems like Drummond is a good guy too, I think the Lakers would do well in pursuing him. We don't know much about Monroe as he isn't our player, but apparently he has severe defensive issues. Good stats though.

DMC could be the best center in the league if he just matured. If we have a solid coach in 2014/2015, whether it be Phil or somebody else that can manage egos, he's a great pickup. 

Edited by CueTheRain, July 10, 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#48 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 11, 2013 - 07:41 AM

Wall is a street ball type PG & Cousins is still very raw & green plus a head case. Not the type of guys I would trust in criticial gm time situations. Certainly not in the NBA FInals.

Are you serious? Both are 22 and ridiculous potential. If you want To rebuild you can't do better. We could sign both and still offer someone like an athletic wing a very good deal.

Wall/Kobe/SF/Pau/Cousins. Yeah that could win a title.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#49 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Actually I know more than you & I didnt care for Nash signing from the beginning. (You using my name as well) I know Wall has talent but his jumper is suspect. We need a PG with his athleticism but a legit jumper to match. The mixture of him his young attitude & Cousins is a recipe for disaster b4 any TItle runs in Kobes last years of play.

Now if you say Jennings & LaMarcus Alderidge = thats a better fit

Now if you say Rondo & Love = thats a better fit

Now if oyu say Wall & LBJ or Melo = thats better fit

Now if you could have said if D12 remained & Nate Rob = thats a better fit

Yeah your right! Dont listen to these clowns who dont know basketball. They are the same ones who wanted old beat down steve nash who cant compete with any elite young talent. Kobe bears all the defensive responsibility at this age thats not good. Wall gives you the option of switching when there are screens and is actually a point guard (westbrook). Bigger and faster than Rose and has unlimited potential. A clown would only look at the team he was stuck with and assume it is who the player is when the player doesnt pick the team

Edited by gque24, July 11, 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#50 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 08:19 AM

Your point is! So are Derrick Rose, Westbrook, and most definately Curry... The ero style is a street ball type game without the hacking smh! Getting from one end of the floor to the other is what you call fast break points... Plus, a guy cant be judged on what he has been with one team and a successful system.. All the greats (not saying he is great) are GREAT street ball players. Its the evolution of the NBA. Where slow doesnt live or exist anymore! Lebron jumper was suspect also when he went to the finals, Westbrook jumper is for sure suspect and why would the ball be in his hands during crucial times other than when he can take advantage of a situation. We do still have the mamba and if Kobe doesnt have to put as much energy in on the defensive side then he would be 4th quarter fresh. Add to what we have is best case scenario. LMAO and you said Rondo, his jumper is more suspect than any point guard in the league. Keep those other guys away from LA! We arent up for taking everybody else left overs who hasnt won anything (Melo). Only way I'd give up Pau is for a Love or Aldridge swop and thats it! Cousins actually has post moves and like Bynum, isnt a push over.. Phil said in his article that we need a young point guard to compete with the rest. I wouldnt care to take a point guard who hated my team but one who needed out of a bad situation and on the big stage(Kentucky), will bring it. The guy is Rod Strickland, Ron Harper times two! A big point guard with vision and when needed can also play some minutes at shooting guard. See its about matchups and different lineups you can throw at somebody (like the Heat benching of Haslem in a FINALS). Those 7.6 assist he average a game will increase dramaticly because of why, more weapons smh

Edited by GeeQ, July 11, 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#51 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Actually I know more than you & I didnt care for Nash signing from the beginning. (You using my name as well) I know Wall has talent but his jumper is suspect. We need a PG with his athleticism but a legit jumper to match. The mixture of him his young attitude & Cousins is a recipe for disaster b4 any TItle runs in Kobes last years of play.

Now if you say Jennings & LaMarcus Alderidge = thats a better fit
Now if you say Rondo & Love = thats a better fit
Now if oyu say Wall & LBJ or Melo = thats better fit
Now if you could have said if D12 remained & Nate Rob = thats a better fit

Yeah, after you said Wall had a suspect Jumper but then mentioned Jennings I stopped reading.

#52 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, after you said Wall had a suspect Jumper but then mentioned Jennings I stopped reading.

Rondo shoots jumpers bad from 12 feet! Kentucky was the best defensive team in the nation when Wall and Cousins were there, most fast break points and points in the paint. Hmmm I wonder how! He made Steve Nash and Steve Blake look like a fool this past year. The WIZARDS against our whole team

Edited by GeeQ, July 11, 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#53 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:11 AM

Your point is! So are Derrick Rose, Westbrook, and most definately Curry... The ero style is a street ball type game without the hacking smh! Getting from one end of the floor to the other is what you call fast break points... Plus, a guy cant be judged on what he has been with one team and a successful system.. All the greats (not saying he is great) are GREAT street ball players. Its the evolution of the NBA. Where slow doesnt live or exist anymore! Lebron jumper was suspect also when he went to the finals, Westbrook jumper is for sure suspect and why would the ball be in his hands during crucial times other than when he can take advantage of a situation. We do still have the mamba and if Kobe doesnt have to put as much energy in on the defensive side then he would be 4th quarter fresh. Add to what we have is best case scenario. LMAO and you said Rondo, his jumper is more suspect than any point guard in the league. Keep those other guys away from LA! We arent up for taking everybody else left overs who hasnt won anything (Melo). Only way I'd give up Pau is for a Love or Aldridge swop and thats it! Cousins actually has post moves and like Bynum, isnt a push over.. Phil said in his article that we need a young point guard to compete with the rest. I wouldnt care to take a point guard who hated my team but one who needed out of a bad situation and on the big stage(Kentucky), will bring it. The guy is Rod Strickland, Ron Harper times two! A big point guard with vision and when needed can also play some minutes at shooting guard. See its about matchups and different lineups you can throw at somebody (like the Heat benching of Haslem in a FINALS). Those 7.6 assist he average a game will increase dramaticly because of why, more weapons smh

I here ya that Wall can get better = but its pointless to compare his jumper to LBJ. LBJ can get by for his enitre career without a consistent jumper cuz he can fill the stat sheet without trying = once in a lifetime type player. There are 100s of John Walls running around U.S right now.

Westbrook jumper from mid range is not suspect at all. Maybe the 3 ball but not mid range. Rose & Westbrook can play within a system better than Wall at this current time.

Yes Rondo jumper is more suspect but he is already proven in NBA so what he can do on both sides of the ball & how he change the tempo of a gm is greatly more appreciated & can cancel out his suspect jumper = cuz he will fill the stat sheet easily plus he already knows his niche in NBA = better fit for a TItle run.

Cousins being compared to Bynum should only apply to them bing head cases. nothing else. If he was Ron Harper 2.0 I would argeee completely bring him but he isnt there yet & doesnt know what type of player he wants to be in NBA yet. He doesnt play the same in NBA with confidence like he does when he is unstoppable in streetball. He 2nd guesses himsel fin NBA.

Yes it about matchups & chemistry & thats why you cant expect a Title with Wall & COusins mixed together even with Kobe!

Heat have 4-5 guys that are catch & shoot / spot up guys that can hit 40% from 3 while having 2 of the best penetrators & dish guys in PnR system. If Lakers had as many reliable shooters as Heat they wouldnt need drasitic roster changes.

#54 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:13 AM

Well dont comment then cuz we are talking good fits for title contention! we are not talking about having a product on the court thats only entertaining with no hopes of a Title. It aint just Jennings, it Jennings mixed with Kobe, & LaMArcus with role players

#55 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Well dont comment then cuz we are talking good fits for title contention! we are not talking about having a product on the court thats only entertaining with no hopes of a Title. It aint just Jennings, it Jennings mixed with Kobe, & LaMArcus with role players

How can you disregard Wall because he has no consistent jumper, but then big up Jennings because "He would be a role player mixed with Kobe/whoever we get."

What do you think Wall would be? You think we would count on him to carry us on his back or something? Yeah lets go get Wall and expect him to deliver without any other player. He would be a 2nd or even 3rd scoring option. He is better at everything then Jennings. Scoring, assists, defensively, rebound wise, even just pure speed and athleticism, Wall is just better. Oh and a year younger.

#56 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 10:07 AM

How is that so and calipari has ran a NBA type system for years! We are talking the Kings and Wizards. Two 22 year old players that havent touched close to their prime. Better than Jennings at EVERYTHING and with more years and a big market will be a star. Not a superstar but a player that helps superstars! I dont want Rondo and Im sure Kobe doesnt either.. He is a Celtic and we dont fraternize with Celtics! Let him stay where he is.. I want the guy who is a freak and can compete on any level when it comes to defense and offense. Only flaw is his jumper and that along with a great Laker staff will develop that like they did Bynum post moves. 19-7 and 4 plus big and unlimited potential. We have already seen what Rondo and Jennings has to offer. Jennings would get raped by Westbrook, Paul and Curry anytime not to mention he is lol a miss match for Tony Parker but can guard Tony Parker. They would have to actually put in work and stamina to miss with WallJason Kidd didnt have a jumper at Wall tender age but He did over time. He is exactly like Ron Harper with the vision of Rod Strickland. Thats what you call a freak because Harper was a different player in cleveland than he was with the Bulls. Oh but by what you say, players dont change with the right people around them.

Edited by GeeQ, July 11, 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#57 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 10:36 AM

I disregard the pairing of Wall & Cousins menaing a Title Contender for LA.

Now if you want to mix Wall & LaMarcus maybe but not COusins. Jennings is a better defender & better pure PG in a real NBA system. Wall is a lil bigger & can jump higher thats about all he got on BJ.  

I think whomever it is at times yes they will have to carry the squad until Kobe returns to last yr form or close as possible.

How can you disregard Wall because he has no consistent jumper, but then big up Jennings because "He would be a role player mixed with Kobe/whoever we get."

What do you think Wall would be? You think we would count on him to carry us on his back or something? Yeah lets go get Wall and expect him to deliver without any other player. He would be a 2nd or even 3rd scoring option. He is better at everything then Jennings. Scoring, assists, defensively, rebound wise, even just pure speed and athleticism, Wall is just better. Oh and a year younger.

#58 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have NBA ticket so when its a matchup I want to see, I've seen him against Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving. A game winning shot on Rondo and had great games go down to last positions with Curry! I'm actually watching and not just going by what a analyst say about his jump shot. How can you mix Wall and Aldridge. We already have finesse in Pau. If you want to swop Pau for Aldridge and still bring a center than thats kool but two of the same players on the floor isnt successful. Pau neither Aldridge are centers. Centers anchor defenses, something they cant do and Jennings cant carry a team.. Monte Ellis is the star of that team! They about to swop Teague for Jennings... Lmao Teague, I mean Teague

Edited by GeeQ, July 11, 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#59 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Your last comment is not what I said. None of these PGs can watch each other in PnR situations. But on ball 1 on 1 defender BJ is better than Wall.

How is that so and calipari has ran a NBA type system for years! We are talking the Kings and Wizards. Two 22 year old players that havent touched close to their prime. Better than Jennings at EVERYTHING and with more years and a big market will be a star. Not a superstar but a player that helps superstars! I dont want Rondo and Im sure Kobe doesnt either.. He is a Celtic and we dont fraternize with Celtics! Let him stay where he is.. I want the guy who is a freak and can compete on any level when it comes to defense and offense. Only flaw is his jumper and that along with a great Laker staff will develop that like they did Bynum post moves. 19-7 and 4 plus big and unlimited potential. We have already seen what Rondo and Jennings has to offer. Jennings would get raped by Westbrook, Paul and Curry anytime not to mention he is lol a miss match for Tony Parker but can guard Tony Parker. They would have to actually put in work and stamina to miss with WallJason Kidd didnt have a jumper at Wall tender age but He did over time. He is exactly like Ron Harper with the vision of Rod Strickland. Thats what you call a freak because Harper was a different player in cleveland than he was with the Bulls. Oh but by what you say, players dont change with the right people around them.

#60 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 10:41 AM

i have the ticket as well (have for many years now) & I dl games & have a large catalogue of games from every era many teams not just my Lakers. Plus Im a hooper for life so Im still playing. Most of the NBA analyst are worthless even  some of the former players when giving their assessment about the game.

I have NBA ticket so when its a matchup I want to see, I've seen him against Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving. A game winning shot on Rondo and had great games go down to last positions with Curry! I'm actually watching and not just going by what a analyst say about his jump shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users