Photo

R&B Star Chris Brown donates to South LA Youths in an effort to reduce gang violence and unify gangs at war

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,311 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 10, 2013 - 01:48 AM

chris-brown-600-600x356.jpg

It looks like Chris Brown is really serious about unifying gangs in Los Angeles.  On Saturday, July 6th, Brown gave out over 3,000 Reebok sneakers to youth in South L.A. as part of his “WE US: Walk Everywhere in Unity’s Shoes.”

Brown visited neighborhoods in Compton and The Jungles housing projects in Los Angeles to personally give out 1,000 sneakers at each  site, in an effort to remind young people that whenever and wherever they walk, they are a united community.

After the event Brown tweeted “ Thank you for allowing me to continue to inspire change in the world. Today was a great step forward! #UnityCampaign

Earlier this summer Brown announced that he was on a mission to unify gangs in Los Angeles and made that the focal point of his video “Don’t Think They Know” featuring the late singer Aaliyah. Now, as part of his Unity Campaign, Brown is working in cooperation with the  L.A. City Mayors Office and the local gang reduction organizations to continue inspiring change in South Central LA.

Read More Here: http://hiphollywood....south-la-youth/

Good on him, hope he keeps the positivity going and continues to make strides forward in his life and has no setbacks goin onwards.  Nice to hear about something positive. 

Edited by Majesty, July 10, 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,485 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:34 AM

Woman beater trying to repair his image....nothing more.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 06:51 AM

publicity bs
ppl hate when metta does charity work like this cuz of his on court problems
but atleast he's a good man

#4 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:05 AM

Can he beat gang violence though?

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:07 AM

Woman beater trying to repair his image....nothing more.

That was years ago and he's already had a number 1 album since then as well as winning a Grammy .

So, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to do publicity to repair his image anymore as his career is still successful on those levels since then as well as his appearance on Dancing with the Stars being its highest rated show of all time and his opening the BET Awards this year causing it to be the 2nd highest rated BET awards of all time in the networks history. 

If his career was suffering or he couldn't garner such public support nor be able to win award shows or get on award shows or sell albums like he was dealing with right after the incident I'd say you have a point.   But his career has recovered pretty well since then and box office wise he still draws at an extremely high level mainly because he didn't relapse and hasn't had another incident since and people have forgiven him.   So in actuality he really doesn't have to do this.   That's why I said good on him, because he wasn't the type to just stop helping in the communities once his rep was repaired.  Hence forth why I hope he does well.

Edited by Majesty, July 10, 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,775 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:45 AM

It's hard for me to see hardened G's give up that life cuz Chris Brown is giving away shoes, but its definitely a nice PR move

2div

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Question: Why did you put the music video inside the quote? I clicked on the link and didn't see the video in or with the orginal article. Now, I have no problem with the video itself being posted necessarily, it's just that how you put it inside the quote with the original link, which would make it inaccurate & non-authentic. I've been guilty myself in past situations of posting videos that aren't in the original article too, but I make sure to do so by separating them from being inside the quote where they'd be directly connected with the orginal article or link, which again, would be wrong.

Oh I didn't mean to X_X sometimes I mess up with the quotes lol let me fix that :)

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 12:55 PM

^ It's fine.

It's

http://lakernation.c...22#entry1384640

but yeah...just thought I'd point it out is all mainly cause it could be somewhat against the rules in a way and I wouldn't want you getting busted..

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users