305 replies to this topic

#161 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Exactly!! Now keep going. You're lucky to find 5 in 50 years.

oh the irony.

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Name 5 starters that led there teams to championships after the age of 35

That's not the point though. You said father time is undefeated. Factually I was correct in exposing you with Kobe winning two as a Father.

Father time = check.

Championship/s = check.

Undefeated = wrong.

BOOM!

fist-pump-baby.jpeg

yo.

#163 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 03:11 PM

That's not the point though. You said father time is undefeated. Factually I was correct in exposing you with Kobe winning two as a Father.

Father time = check.

Championship/s = check.

Undefeated = wrong.

BOOM!

fist-pump-baby.jpeg

That was cool. :laughing:  I like that a lot better than a bunch of people not being able to come to grips with reality. we haven't come close to sniffing the finals in 3 or 4 years and their still holding on to the past.  I've been watching pro ball since there was an ABA. I saw Dr J play with the NY Nets but at the same time I listen to Hip Hop. I'm too old to play in fantasy land. Im a realist first and a Laker Fan second.  I have a first cousin that is a professional athlete and I'm very close with Donte Jones and Al Harrington. To know some of  the inside stuff is amazing by the way

Father time = check.

Championship/s = check.

Undefeated = wrong.

BOOM!

fist-pump-baby.jpeg

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 03:12 PM

That was cool. :laughing: 

So cool that you quoted my post twice. Thanks.

yo.

#165 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,122 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2013 - 04:45 PM

Just another guy or girl posting with his or her heart. I never once said Harden was better. I said it makes plenty of sense that the guy #12 went with the Rockets. I said the next 3 years he basically knows what he has in Houston, with us he has no clue whats going to happen. As far as Houston losing Lin, Asik and Parsons, Really? The second half of the season our all stars were basically healthy and so was Houstons mediocre players. We edged them out. Just give Harden his props. He's putting up Kobe like numbers in his 3 or 4 year in the league which is about the same amount of time it took Kobe to get there. I've never said that Kobe was a problem but you can't argue it being difficult to play with a black hole. Kobe said it himself. So now the horses mouth is lying? And please don't bring up the assist streak. That only proves he can do it when he wants to and chooses not to (win or lose) Ithink the quote goes "I like puttin' the up, that's no secret" The the horses mouth also. There is no doubt I'd rather a Kobe than Harden but I'd rather Harden 3 years from now. But if you want a reality check, look at Harden's stats against us. And most of  that's coming of the bench.

No the second half of the season Gasol was injured, Dwight had a torn Labrum he was dealing with, and Pau Gasol was still injured and Nash we couldn't finish the season with cause he couldn't push on any further and Metta World Peace had a knee injury with which he returned early from surgery with.

Perhaps you're the one that needs to come to grips with reality.

Kobe like numbers?   3 to 4 years?

You're seriously not comparing Harden's numbers while he's running a team to Kobe's numbers when he sacrificed stats in order to work with Shaq.

When Kobe ran a team of mediocre players he averaged 35/5/4  

Let me know when Harden gets close to that.  

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#166 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Read again. Kobe's first 3 or 4 years compared to Hardens first 3 or 4 years. Look, I get it; Kobe was the best for 10+ years and one of the best ever. But it just seems like folks can't come to grips with the fact that being the best is over. It's LeBron and others now. Kobe is still one of the baddest SOB's to ever touch a basketball but even he knows there are guys who he just  can't handle for 38 minutes a game anymore. If you didn't the phase the BEST is relative. There are guys who never made it to the NBA that would dominate if they weren't effed up in the head or incarcerated. All real Basketball heads know this. If you get a moment compare their first 4 years. You may be surprised 

No the second half of the season Gasol was injured, Dwight had a torn Labrum he was dealing with, and Pau Gasol was still injured and Nash we couldn't finish the season with cause he couldn't push on any further and Metta World Peace had a knee injury with which he returned early from surgery with.

Perhaps you're the one that needs to come to grips with reality.

Kobe like numbers?   3 to 4 years?

You're seriously not comparing Harden's numbers while he's running a team to Kobe's numbers when he sacrificed stats in order to work with Shaq.

When Kobe ran a team of mediocre players he averaged 35/5/4  

Let me know when Harden gets close to that.  

#167 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,122 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:10 PM

Read again. Kobe's first 3 or 4 years compared to Hardens first 3 or 4 years. Look, I get it; Kobe was the best for 10+ years and one of the best ever. But it just seems like folks can't come to grips with the fact that being the best is over. It's LeBron and others now. Kobe is still one of the baddest SOB's to ever touch a basketball but even he knows there are guys who he just  can't handle for 38 minutes a game anymore. If you didn't the phase the BEST is relative. There are guys who never made it to the NBA that would dominate if they weren't effed up in the head or incarcerated. All real Basketball heads know this. If you get a moment compare their first 4 years. You may be surprised 

Kobe's first 3-4 years in the league Del harris refused to play him and he had to play behind people he was better than, he was never given the "bench player with starter minutes" that Harden was given so you can't compare their first 3-4 years in the league and try to make a legitimate argument about it.

Kobe when sharing a team with Shaq had 28/6/5.  That's sharing the team, not to mention after the first year of a championship he lead that team to their next two titles in vital situations.  How did Harden do in the finals sharing the court with Durant and Westbrook?  How did Kobe do against Reggie Miller when Shaq fouled out? 

Don't even try to compare their first 3-4 years. 

Harden when he was given the task of being the man on a team as in with mediocre help which is where you'd compare them because it's the similar situation.

When Kobe had to run the team he put up the numbers I gave you. 

You're avoiding that and trying to put up "compare their first 3-4 years" You can't and you're trying to compare Harden's stats when he's the "man" to Kobe's stats when he was sacrificing them to make it work with Shaq.

It's a poor argument that's been made before and still doesn't work to this day.

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#168 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:19 PM

Excuses Excuses   Okay use year 3 and 4 then. Geez!! You ever thought maybe Kobe wasn't good enough or ready his first two years. Jerry West and a healthy Jerry Buss were there. If he was ready he would have been playin.  Are you trying to tell me LeBron wouldn't have played his first two years on that Laker team either??? Negative Young Man!!

Kobe's first 3-4 years in the league Del harris refused to play him and he had to play behind people he was better than, he was never given the "bench player with starter minutes" that Harden was given so you can't compare their first 3-4 years in the league and try to make a legitimate argument about it.

Kobe when sharing a team with Shaq had 28/6/5.  That's sharing the team, not to mention after the first year of a championship he lead that team to their next two titles in vital situations.  How did Harden do in the finals sharing the court with Durant and Westbrook?  How did Kobe do against Reggie Miller when Shaq fouled out? 

Don't even try to compare their first 3-4 years. 

Harden when he was given the task of being the man on a team as in with mediocre help which is where you'd compare them because it's the similar situation.

When Kobe had to run the team he put up the numbers I gave you. 

You're avoiding that and trying to put up "compare their first 3-4 years" You can't and you're trying to compare Harden's stats when he's the "man" to Kobe's stats when he was sacrificing them to make it work with Shaq.

It's a poor argument that's been made before and still doesn't work to this day.

#169 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:25 PM

So a 25 year old Kobe would have taken last years Rockets to the final.  That's funny. Lets do the math. since Shaq left we've been to the finals how many times?? 3.and how many years have past? Oh and that old Shaq did win with Wade correct?? I guess Wade is no where near Kobe either. And LeBron isn't either. And Duncan isn't either. STAT STAT STAT. Its ALL relative. Okay Okay KOBE IS THE BETS EVER AND NO OTHER PLAYER COULD HAVE HELPED SHAQ AND PAU WIN THOSE RINGS.  Is that better??  :laughing:

Excuses Excuses   Okay use year 3 and 4 then. Geez!! You ever thought maybe Kobe wasn't good enough or ready his first two years. Jerry West and a healthy Jerry Buss were there. If he was ready he would have been playin.  Are you trying to tell me LeBron wouldn't have played his first two years on that Laker team either??? Negative Young Man!!

Edited by lakersince75, July 14, 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#170 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,122 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:30 PM

I dunno you tell me.

When he finally got minutes he put up 24, 20, 19 and 21 whenever he got minutes as a rookie maybe you need to come to grips with the fact that Del Harris just decided to not play him and was an idiot for doing so. 

Mind you this was when he was 18 years old. 

The reason Kobe didn't play is because Del Harris didn't want to take a chance on him and buried him on the bench and had a role in mind that was the wrong one for him.   Harris didn't play Kobe due to his own stupidity, not because he "wasn't ready"

Your argument is falling apart so now you're fabricating "well maybe he wasn't that good or ready"

See who is the one having trouble coming to grips with reality?     You're trying to belittle Kobe to build up Harden and trying to sway your argument trying to compare Hardens stats when he is the man on his team to Kobe's stats when he was sharing it with Shaq.   Then you tried to fabricate maybe he just wasn't that good his rookie season when I just showed you what he could do when given minutes.   Their coach just refused to acknowledge it, it's been well documented that Kobe played behind people he was better than.

How about we talk about how at 19 his sophmore year he dropped 33 on the Bulls with Michael Jordan guarding him?  Hmm?  Or maybe we'll mention how the string of games leading up to that he put up 21, 20, 27 and 30  point games that month?  Know how many games he started that season?  One....

So maybe you'll realize Harris was an idiot for refusing to use Kobe.  

Or maybe you'll realize your argument is done, as are you.   Nice try though.  But no matter how you're trying to twist it, Harris was an idiot for not playing Kobe, it wasn't cause Kobe "wasn't good" or "wasn't ready". 

Reality is harsh ain't it?

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#171 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:31 PM

Jordan and Bird could have.

listen dude, there are great players and then there are the KILLERS.

Mj,Larry and Kobe are the three most potent assassins in the modern history of the league. I think Jerry West was that type of player.

Shaq,LeBron,Wilt, Baylor,Oscar were dominant greats of their era

It's two different classes except 

jordan kind of falls in both categories.

Bill Russell,Tim Duncan and Kareem are the winners that were big men..

Magic is in a league of his own in a certain sense, though LeBron and he share SOME common traits,as well as Oscar

Iverson and Isiah are killers too

HARDEN is on NONE of these players level. 

Get it!!!!!!!!!!!

#172 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:32 PM

So a 25 year old Kobe would have taken last years Rockets to the final.  That's funny. Lets do the math. since Shaq left we've been to the finals how many times?? 3.and how many years have past? Oh and that old Shaq did win with Wade correct?? I guess Wade is no where near Kobe either. And LeBron isn't either. And Duncan isn't either. STAT STAT STAT. Its ALL relative. Okay Okay KOBE IS THE BETS EVER AND NO OTHER PLAYER COULD HAVE HELPED SHAQ AND PAU WIN THOSE RINGS.  Is that better??  :laughing:

He dominated the sophmore rokkie challenge, he was voted an All-Star, you could seeit. 

it would be like if Deron Williams started over Kyrie Irving

#173 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,122 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:36 PM

He dominated the sophmore rokkie challenge, he was voted an All-Star, you could seeit. 

it would be like if Deron Williams started over Kyrie Irving

Just leave it be, it's probably the same guy that was saying Harden put up "Kobe like stats before"

I'm starting to think he's just a troll cause he's even tried to make an argument that he'd never seen a guy in his mid 30s lead a team to the finals yet his favorite player supposedly is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar....

On top of "maybe Kobe just wasn't that good in his rookie year" that one takes the cake.

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#174 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:58 PM

You're a great writer however your reading is a bit rough. I'm too old to know what that Troll crap means but i'm also old enough not to give a eff. All you have is an opinion like everyone else. And until what you feel about my opinion effects my very nice nest egg I still won't give a F, I'm just on here having fun/ And yes, if Jerry West and Jerry Buss wanted to start Kobe, they would have. Eddie Jones was in his way for god sakes. Mr one year All Star Jones. He deserve that one appearance like Roy Hibbert did (by default)  I said name 5 players 35 years and older in the last 50 years who led their team to the finals. You're a funny person. But my apologies for not being able to be cyber bullied   :laughing:

Just leave it be, it's probably the same guy that was saying Harden put up "Kobe like stats before"

I'm starting to think he's just a troll cause he's even tried to make an argument that he'd never seen a guy in his mid 30s lead a team to the finals yet his favorite player supposedly is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar....

On top of "maybe Kobe just wasn't that good in his rookie year" that one takes the cake.

Edited by lakersince75, July 14, 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#175 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,122 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:05 PM

You're a great writer however your reading is a bit rough. I'm too old to know what that Troll crap means but i'm also old enough not to give a eff. All you have is an opinion like everyone else. And until what you feel about my opinion effects my very nice nest egg I still won't give a F, I'm just on here having fun/ And yes, if Jerry West and Jerry Buss wanted to start Kobe, they would have. Eddie Jones was in his way for god sakes. Mr one year All Star Jones. He deserve that one appearance like Roy Hibbert did (by default)  I said name 5 players 35 years and older in the last 50 years who led their team to the finals. You're a funny person. But my apologies for not being able to be cyber bullied   :laughing:

Old enough to not remember your favorite player helping lead his team to the finals in his mid 30s?

Anyway It's not cyber bullying when you get taken down by the truth after what you like to do is to talk down to other fans and say that they're out of touch with reality.   It ain't as fun when the shoes on the other foot is it?

But you can have the last word if you want, I've already said what I had to say, disproved your argument and backed it up.  There's nothing more to discuss with you on this subject.  And apparently you have nothing further to add to it as well after your argument was taken down.

have a nice day.

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#176 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:12 PM

Oh my. You really can't read. It's amazing  :turrible:

Old enough to not remember your favorite player helping lead his team to the finals in his mid 30s?

Anyway It's not cyber bullying when you get taken down by the truth after what you like to do is to talk down to other fans and say that they're out of touch with reality.   It ain't as fun when the shoes on the other foot is it?

But you can have the last word if you want, I've already said what I had to say, disproved your argument and backed it up.  There's nothing more to discuss with you on this subject.  And apparently you have nothing further to add to it as well after your argument was taken down.

have a nice day.

#177 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,095 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:33 PM

how many games has the starters played healthy together last season?

kobe had "like 4 all stars" and couldn't get done is a load of bullshiz that no real laker fan would through out. we had coaching changes... no set schemes... dwight not running the offense that fellow players were begging him to do... injured nash throughout the entire season, pau gasol injured... metta injured... dwight back surgery, injured shoulder...hill out for season... meeks injured...jamison injured.. need i go on? 

i seriously doubt harden leads that team to a playoff birth. 

Edited by RobBlake, July 14, 2013 - 06:33 PM.

ap1.png

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 03:47 PM

James Harden vs Kobe. Has this been posted yet?

yo.

#179 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 03:48 PM

That's during the lockout, I think.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#180 GeeQ

GeeQ