305 replies to this topic

#141 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Okay. How was he better? Let's hear facts. There is no doubt Kobe is great. There is no doubt Kobe may be a tiny bit better at this point. And if you don't think age means anything, ask Kobe and that BOOT he was wearing. Ask Kobe what happens when he tries to defend for 39 minutes. Stop posting with your heart. Father time is Undefeated!!

Uhmmmm... Kobe was easily better than Harden last year. Age don't mean [expletive].

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Father time is Undefeated!!

I'm sick of hearing this overused [expletive]. It's not like we haven't seen exceptions here & there countless times.

yo.

#143 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,369 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm sick of hearing this overused [expletive]. It's not like we haven't seen exceptions here & there countless times.

Death is undefeated.

#144 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 901 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:38 PM

Death is undefeated.

Ive been defeating it so far... how do you know it will beat me?

#145 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,369 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Ive been defeating it so far... how do you know it will beat me?

It finds away.

#146 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,101 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Okay. How was he better? Let's hear facts. There is no doubt Kobe is great. There is no doubt Kobe may be a tiny bit better at this point. And if you don't think age means anything, ask Kobe and that BOOT he was wearing. Ask Kobe what happens when he tries to defend for 39 minutes. Stop posting with your heart. Father time is Undefeated!!

First of all, stop this father time nonsense. Is that all you can bring to the discussion?

Second, Kobe had more PPG, APG, RPG last season. He was better in FG% and their eFG%s were equal.

Kobe had 16 double-doubles, 2 triple-doubles

Harden had 9 double-doubles, and 1 triple-double.

Kobe had 8 40+ pts games to Harden's 2. Kobe also had more 30+ pts games, 35 to 23.

Kobe had 11 10+ assist games to Harden's 5.

All things point out that Kobe had WAY better season considering Lakers' only constant throughout the season was Kobe, yet the team finished above Rockets.

#147 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,770 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:44 PM

LOL...the young have the benefit of dreaming while the old have the curse of reality.  Kobe's not getting younger and he will NOT continue to play at an elite level year after year...  Most of us know that...

And that's what that overused "stuff" means...pretty obvious...and relevant.

#148 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:46 PM

So Kobe carried a bunch of Allstars to a first round sweep, barely escaping the lottery. Harden led a bunch of mediocre to lose that eighth spot by one or two games. Stat wise they are almost identical. So help me understand this large disparity you speak of. You're posting with your heart. I love Kobe but Father Time is Undefeated. You guys act like that guy #12 made the wrong choice. I'm Purple and Gold all the way, but his choice made plenty of sense

Uhmmmm... Kobe was easily better than Harden last year. Age don't mean [expletive].

Edited by lakersince75, July 14, 2013 - 01:46 PM.

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:47 PM

My point is I've seen countless examples of guys having that father time is undefeated critique against them and still going out and defying the odds for a certain amount of games, runs, or seasons or years. You can't say it's completely undefeated when time & time again it's so obviously been shown to say otherwise with countless accomplishments that would've seemed improbable. People who always brings that [expletive] up will then conveniently say, oh well, it'll catch up eventually, instead of admitting they were wrong when calling it initially at that time of being proven wrong.

yo.

#150 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm wondering what people think about Hedo???

Strectch 3/4 lacks defense but idk he can shoot pretty well and I'm sure he'd take vets min.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Don't want. I think his love & passion for the game has been gone for a long time.

yo.

#152 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 901 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:53 PM

Father time is undefeated? Im pretty sure the spurs defeated father time. Especially when the one free throw they needed to win the championship was missed by one of the younger guys on the team.

Every player brings value, whether old or not, kobe is still a top 5 player right now, and can still take over a season with the right pieces.

Take Miami Heat. Switch Lebron with Kobe. Do you think Miami still wins?I do.

Put Lebron on Lakers last season with all the same injuries and circumstances, I dont think Lakers win. And thats with the best player in the world, so dont undermine Kobe. He pretty much did as well as was humanly possible in the position they were in.

#153 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,116 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:55 PM

So Kobe carried a bunch of Allstars to a first round sweep, barely escaping the lottery. Harden led a bunch of mediocre to lose that eighth spot by one or two games. Stat wise they are almost identical. So help me understand this large disparity you speak of. You're posting with your heart. I love Kobe but Father Time is Undefeated. You guys act like that guy #12 made the wrong choice. I'm Purple and Gold all the way, but his choice made plenty of sense

Injure Asik, Parsons, and Lin and the Rockets don't even make the playoffs and ARE a lottery team.

Cause that's basically what Kobe had to deal with the entire year.  

You sneakily always try to push "kobe bryant is the problem" under your breath while acting like Harden is on the same level.  He isn't no matter how many times you try to push that agenda in as many backhand ways as if we're not going to notice. 

We know your agenda and trying to push that Kobe lead a team of all-stars... a majority of those all-stars spent a lot of the year injured as well as the backups. 

So Kobe had to deal with THAT to lead the team.  

Your argument is not only bad, it makes no sense and no matter how hard you're trying to belittle Kobe to try to build up Harden it's not working and your through your teeth insults at Kobe are noticed and noted and aren't fooling anyone.

Anyway no, Harden is not better than Kobe.  If Harden lost Lin in the 2nd game of the season and then Beverly afterwards he'd be done and the Rockets would go nowhere.   

The fact we finished the season as a better team and with a better record than the mostly healthy Rockets while we dealt with injuries throughout every game is a testament to us and you aren't going to build up Harden by trying to act like Kobe didn't lead a team of where d-leaguers were in the starting lineup into the playoffs.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:56 PM

Father time undefeated? Kobe won two championships as a Father.

yo.

#155 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Kobe has 1 more point per game.  Harden  had more blocks per game. more steals per game and a better 3 point shooting percentage. So WTF are you talking about. Their stats are virtually identical. The difference is Harden didn't have Steve Nash, MWP, Blake, Pau Gasol, nor that dude #12. Healthy or not there is no way we should have finished 1 game in front of the Houston Suckets!!  Did I mention Father Time is Undefeated, Kobe will retire one day and he won't live forever either???

First of all, stop this father time nonsense. Is that all you can bring to the discussion?

Second, Kobe had more PPG, APG, RPG last season. He was better in FG% and their eFG%s were equal.

Kobe had 16 double-doubles, 2 triple-doubles

Harden had 9 double-doubles, and 1 triple-double.

Kobe had 8 40+ pts games to Harden's 2. Kobe also had more 30+ pts games, 35 to 23.

Kobe had 11 10+ assist games to Harden's 5.

All things point out that Kobe had WAY better season considering Lakers' only constant throughout the season was Kobe, yet the team finished above Rockets.

#156 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Name 5 starters that led there teams to championships after the age of 35

My point is I've seen countless examples of guys having that father time is undefeated critique against them and still going out and defying the odds for a certain amount of games, runs, or seasons or years. You can't say it's completely undefeated when time & time again it's so obviously been shown to say otherwise with countless accomplishments that would've seemed improbable. People who always brings that [expletive] up will then conveniently say, oh well, it'll catch up eventually, instead of admitting they were wrong when calling it initially at that time of being proven wrong.

#157 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,101 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:13 PM

Fav. Laker: Kareem Abdul Jabbar

oh the irony.

#158 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:15 PM

Beat me to it. 

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Father time wins most of the time I'll give you that, but it's definitely not undefeated.

yo.

#160 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:31 PM

Just another guy or girl posting with his or her heart. I never once said Harden was better. I said it makes plenty of sense that the guy #12 went with the Rockets. I said the next 3 years he basically knows what he has in Houston, with us he has no clue whats going to happen. As far as Houston losing Lin, Asik and Parsons, Really? The second half of the season our all stars were basically healthy and so was Houstons mediocre players. We edged them out. Just give Harden his props. He's putting up Kobe like numbers in his 3 or 4 year in the league which is about the same amount of time it took Kobe to get there. I've never said that Kobe was a problem but you can't argue it being difficult to play with a black hole. Kobe said it himself. So now the horses mouth is lying? And please don't bring up the assist streak. That only proves he can do it when he wants to and chooses not to (win or lose) Ithink the quote goes "I like puttin' the up, that's no secret" The the horses mouth also. There is no doubt I'd rather a Kobe than Harden but I'd rather Harden 3 years from now. But if you want a reality check, look at Harden's stats against us. And most of  that's coming of the bench.

Injure Asik, Parsons, and Lin and the Rockets don't even make the playoffs and ARE a lottery team.

Cause that's basically what Kobe had to deal with the entire year.  

You sneakily always try to push "kobe bryant is the problem" under your breath while acting like Harden is on the same level.  He isn't no matter how many times you try to push that agenda in as many backhand ways as if we're not going to notice. 

We know your agenda and trying to push that Kobe lead a team of all-stars... a majority of those all-stars spent a lot of the year injured as well as the backups. 

So Kobe had to deal with THAT to lead the team.  

Your argument is not only bad, it makes no sense and no matter how hard you're trying to belittle Kobe to try to build up Harden it's not working and your through your teeth insults at Kobe are noticed and noted and aren't fooling anyone.

Anyway no, Harden is not better than Kobe.  If Harden lost Lin in the 2nd game of the season and then Beverly afterwards he'd be done and the Rockets would go nowhere.   

The fact we finished the season as a better team and with a better record than the mostly healthy Rockets while we dealt with injuries throughout every game is a testament to us and you aren't going to build up Harden by trying to act like Kobe didn't lead a team of where d-leaguers were in the starting lineup into the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users