305 replies to this topic

#121 sneeks

sneeks

Kiss The Rings

• 211 posts
  • Fan Since:1976
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Magic & Cap

Posted July 12, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I really hope we sign another wing, theres a few young guys that I would love the Lakers to take a chance on.

Low risk, high reward

Johnson, Wesley

Maggette, Corey

Martin, Kenyon

Each person can take, vm, but im hestitant on Wesley Johnson...he might want more

I'd go with Wesley, still young with possible potential.  I believe he looks up to Kobe and has worked out with him.

#122 Armenian24

Armenian24

Rookie

• 123 posts
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Earl Clark

You lose.

a player got playing time due to injuries to our starting 4 and 5 doesnt really count. if the bigs werent out in that San Antonio game Clark would be selling t shirts with Ebanks right now

#123 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:19 PM

a player got playing time due to injuries to our starting 4 and 5 doesnt really count. if the bigs werent out in that San Antonio game Clark would be selling t shirts with Ebanks right now

Or so it's only circumstance when it's not Phil?

Okay.

#124 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,223 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Stupidest argument yet.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#125 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,214 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:48 AM

not sure if he is still available, but, Mickael Gelable would be fantastic for a bench role.

#126 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Where is Pietrus?

#127 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:10 PM

I actually read a few posts mentioning Meeks playing the 3, which is ridiculous. Meeks is like 6'3, how was he supposed to do anything against opposing SFs?

New+Laker+head+coach+Mike+D_Antoni+conte

Edited by KittenPuncher, July 13, 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#128 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Three guard sets are getting more common.

Blake, Nash, and Meeks is not a good idea though

But with Nick Young here

I would imagine some Blake,Nash, NY
Or Nash, Meeks, Kobe

#129 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,214 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 01:34 PM

If we can't find any SF backup I wouldn't be surprised if we rotated 6 available guys for 3 spots.

SF Young / Meeks

SG Kobe / Blake

PG Nash / Farmar

We need to minimize Kobe's minutes, especially this season. Nash also cannot play much.

edit:

or have Young come off the bench and slide Kobe to 3.

SF Kobe / Young

SG Meeks / Young / Blake

PG Nash / Blake

Edited by Goku, July 13, 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#130 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,091 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Earl Clark

You lose.

And Jeremy Lin

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#131 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 13, 2013 - 01:49 PM

clark got time and he made the best of it. What did george, sb, and ariza do? the things that cleveland likes in clark are things he could do before coming to the lakers. players can do better or worse in different situations and when they do better, it doesnt hurt to be on the biggest stage in the nba.

as good as phil and his assistants were, coaches coach and players play. a coach cannot make a player execute, a coach cannot make a player longer and more athletic. all they can do is guide and hope it works.

was it phil that made ariza a lane jumping ball stripping beast? did he help sb jump out of the building?

jordan hill is another example, he got a chance and he seized it so i guess that makes mda a genius right?

there's many variables at work (sure coaching, team mates, play style) but people tend to get better at things the more often/longer they do them, you start with supreme athletes and they just might learn to make a jumpshot here and there.

If we can't find any SF backup I wouldn't be surprised if we rotated 6 available guys for 3 spots.

SF Young / Meeks
SG Kobe / Blake
PG Nash / Farmar

We need to minimize Kobe's minutes, especially this season. Nash also cannot play much.

edit:

or have Young come off the bench and slide Kobe to 3.

SF Kobe / Young
SG Meeks / Young / Blake
PG Nash / Blake

They will find someone because they dont really have a choice. id put a spl player at sf before id put meeks, he is small for a 2 let alone the 3. might as well make the most of this time with some youngbloods. we'll see how he continues but landry could be an option at sf, not sure how well he can stay in front of them though.

Edited by SweatShop, July 13, 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#132 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 08:36 AM

I've been saying this all along. Ballers are ballers. Names are names. When we got Nash the first thing I thought was if Jordan sucked at 38 at 2 guard, how the hell is a little guy going to perform at 39 and 40?? I love Kobe, but is he truly better than Harden right now?? 24 year old Kobe is better than Harden however 34 year old Kobe just simply isn't. Ariza was a defensive beast, skinny but a beast never the less. With that being said, I kind of understand that guy #12 making his decision. #12 knew what is definite for the next 3 or 4 years in Houston. We have NO IDEA what the next 3 or 4 years will look like

clark got time and he made the best of it. What did george, sb, and ariza do? the things that cleveland likes in clark are things he could do before coming to the lakers. players can do better or worse in different situations and when they do better, it doesnt hurt to be on the biggest stage in the nba.

as good as phil and his assistants were, coaches coach and players play. a coach cannot make a player execute, a coach cannot make a player longer and more athletic. all they can do is guide and hope it works.

was it phil that made ariza a lane jumping ball stripping beast? did he help sb jump out of the building?

jordan hill is another example, he got a chance and he seized it so i guess that makes mda a genius right?

there's many variables at work (sure coaching, team mates, play style) but people tend to get better at things the more often/longer they do them, you start with supreme athletes and they just might learn to make a jumpshot here and there.They will find someone because they dont really have a choice. id put a spl player at sf before id put meeks, he is small for a 2 let alone the 3. might as well make the most of this time with some youngbloods. we'll see how he continues but landry could be an option at sf, not sure how well he can stay in front of them though.

#133 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 11:56 AM

Last year Kobe was better than Harden.

Are u serious?

We had the better record. With tons of more injuries.

The question is: Asik or Howard defensively.

First half of season Asik was better.

#134 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:12 PM

If we can land Austin Daye, I think we'd have a solid, well rounded team...wish we still had Earl Clark but that's over now...

#135 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:21 PM

Stephen Jackson.

#136 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:21 PM

Pay attention. First, if you're talking about stats you need to look closely. second. Harden is as unselfish as they come. third last year was his first year as a starter. But the bottom line is score Kobe 34 Harden 24. I LOVE Kobe however Father time is undefeated for over 2012 years. Let it go. We had a better record than Houston? That's where the bar is set now?? It took the last 2 games of the season for that to happen. And who was Houstons 2nd and 3rd best players. Asik and Lin??? You're bragging about that?? Wow. We have hit rock bottom

Are u serious?

Are u serious?

#137 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:23 PM

at this point of the game. Harden SHOULD be better than kobe....just still would rather have kobe... call me a homer

ap1.png

#138 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Pay attention. First, if you're talking about stats you need to look closely. second. Harden is as unselfish as they come. third last year was his first year as a starter. But the bottom line is score Kobe 34 Harden 24. I LOVE Kobe however Father time is undefeated for over 2012 years. Let it go. We had a better record than Houston? That's where the bar is set now?? It took the last 2 games of the season for that to happen. And who was Houstons 2nd and 3rd best players. Asik and Lin??? You're bragging about that?? Wow. We have hit rock bottom

i think kobe can be more efficient if hes not forced to play hero ball..we already saw how kobe is willing to dish 14-15 ast 

ap1.png

#139 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,214 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Uhmmmm... Kobe was easily better than Harden last year. Age don't mean [expletive].

#140 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,769 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Kobe is better than Harden. Kobe is top 3 for a reason.. Hell the way he played last year anyone assumed he was 29 again.. 

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users