How do we sign one....

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#101 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,223 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 01:31 AM

i think you look at terrence williams, when he's gotten 20 minutes or more he's put up 8ppg 4rpg 3apg. his per 36 minutes is pretty high. he gets his point totals in the 15+ range

while that's not a great tell, it's an idea and the point is he's athletic, he's very skilled and he quite frankly has been relatively screwed over minutes wise for multiple reasons, one of which being attitude.

having said that, in this type of scenario, assuming we resign odom 

pau

odom

williams

kobe

nash

williams can easily take advantage of stronger talent around him and a collective high basketball IQ surrounding him as well. he could be a diamond in the rough

that would give us a bench of

kaman

hill

young

meeks

blake or farmar

i can live with that. best case scenario you trade blake for a SF that can defend, or even better trade blake for a 2nd round pick or something and just sign ronnie brewer

pau/ kaman

odom/ hill

williams/ brewer

kobe/ young

nash/ farmar

ya, there's a ton that needs to happen to accomplish that roster, but that roster can get a 4th or 5th seed and would be a tough out assuming it's 100% healthy

Posted Image

#102 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:16 AM

So Young is gonna be our starting SF

https://twitter.com/...767451255971840

Kupchak on Young: “We think there’s a lot of playing time here for him if he works hard. We see him playing at the small forward position.”

I guess we're gonna roll with Nash/Blake/Meeks/Farmar in the backcourt until Kobe comes back

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#103 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:20 AM

All you that criticized me saying that Young would be a small forward.... Boom.

#104 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,232 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:36 AM

I asked @NickSwagyPYoung if he should be penciled in as starting Lakers small forward. "Should be," he said.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#105 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,821 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:58 AM

All you that criticized me saying that Young would be a small forward.... Boom.

Never understood why there was any debate about that. He's 6'7, a shooter, and he made to play either 2/3. We signed him to be a floor spacer, another scoring punch for us, and (finally) a guy who can create his own shot. With Kobe still on the roster and no other viable SF options, Young will be our SF for the short term.

I actually read a few posts mentioning Meeks playing the 3, which is ridiculous. Meeks is like 6'3, how was he supposed to do anything against opposing SFs?

#106 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,581 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 12, 2013 - 12:03 PM

If and when CDR makes the team that changes and Meeks goes to the bench while Young starts at the 2 I think. 

Currently he would be.   If CDR makes the team, that likely changes.

Edited by Majesty, July 12, 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#107 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,855 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 12:05 PM

I see Kobe being the 3 and nick the 2.. SF might be stronger than Sgs but slower..

#108 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 185 posts
  • Name:John
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 12, 2013 - 12:22 PM

I really hope we sign another wing, theres a few young guys that I would love the Lakers to take a chance on.

Low risk, high reward

Johnson, Wesley

Maggette, Corey

Martin, Kenyon

Each person can take, vm, but im hestitant on Wesley Johnson...he might want more

Edited by Drift, July 12, 2013 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image

#109 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 12, 2013 - 12:31 PM

Never understood why there was any debate about that. He's 6'7, a shooter, and he made to play either 2/3. We signed him to be a floor spacer, another scoring punch for us, and (finally) a guy who can create his own shot. With Kobe still on the roster and no other viable SF options, Young will be our SF for the short term.

I actually read a few posts mentioning Meeks playing the 3, which is ridiculous. Meeks is like 6'3, how was he supposed to do anything against opposing SFs?

Yup, I thought it was pretty obvious that for now he will be at sf. that may change depending on signings but doesnt look that way as they have small guards and (not counting kobe) young is the only sf capable player for now.

meeks is kinda small for a 2 let alone a 3 lol.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#110 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,581 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 12, 2013 - 12:35 PM

I really hope we sign another wing, theres a few young guys that I would love the Lakers to take a chance on.

Low risk, high reward

Johnson, Wesley

Maggette, Corey

Martin, Kenyon

Each person can take, vm, but im hestitant on Wesley Johnson...he might want more

No point in getting Kenyon Martin when we have Kaman.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 12:39 PM

^ Yeah, K-Mart is easily one of the best players still available that can be had for cheap, but again as you said, we're pretty much already full there. He's way better than Sacre or Ryan Kelly that's for damn sure, but it is what it is.

yo.

#112 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 01:10 PM

kaman is a very different player than martin. i can see him for defensive purposes and the high probablity of one of their other bigs getting injured.

kmart would be a sound move, but would also be the safe move that doesnt help them down the road so i could take or leave him.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#113 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,643 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 12, 2013 - 01:16 PM

No point in getting K-Mart? Then who's gonna be the back up PF?

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 01:25 PM

Say what you will about K-Mart and his rep or tattoos or whatever, but the guy still has an impact when he's out there on the court. Whether it be last season with the Knicks giving them a huge boost or the previous season with the Clippers in the playoffs, particularly in the series against Memphis getting relied on especially to play the more meaningful minutes over DeAndre Jordan & a few others.

yo.

#115 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,223 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Terrence Williams or Wesley Johnson make sense athletically

Plus we have had huge success turning athletic wings that haven't performed well into serviceable role players

George, Ariza, Shannon to name the recent ones
Posted Image

#116 Armenian24

Armenian24

Rookie

• 123 posts
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Terrence Williams or Wesley Johnson make sense athletically

Plus we have had huge success turning athletic wings that haven't performed well into serviceable role players

George, Ariza, Shannon to name the recent ones

Phil jackson did that

#117 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Phil jackson did that

hard work and playing time did that. i wouldnt say the lakers turned any of those players into anything as much as the natural progression and playing with superstars did. devean george was drafted by them, ariza was already performing, and sb never got the minutes to shine till he came here. They could have just as easily never stepped up and never had the chance.

not going to say phil had no part of it, but you could at least give the assistants some credit.

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 02:41 PM

No, you're all wrong. Kobe did it. He mentored them.

yo.

#119 Armenian24

Armenian24

Rookie

• 123 posts
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 04:55 PM

hard work and playing time did that. i wouldnt say the lakers turned any of those players into anything as much as the natural progression and playing with superstars did. devean george was drafted by them, ariza was already performing, and sb never got the minutes to shine till he came here. They could have just as easily never stepped up and never had the chance.

not going to say phil had no part of it, but you could at least give the assistants some credit.

yes phil and his assistants

mda and his non existant assistants cant do that

#120 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 05:04 PM

yes phil and his assistants

mda and his non existant assistants cant do that

Earl Clark

You lose.