Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,101 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 05, 2013 - 06:40 PM

I could see mda having kobe come off the bench

There's hate, then there's ridiculousness.

If you're gonna go with the "MDA is so dumb he's gonna run Kobe for 48 minutes upon his return, 'I hate D'antoni'" statement, then logically you can't go with the "MDA is so dumb he'd bring Kobe off the bench, 'I hate D'antoni'" statement :P  So you probably gotta pick one ;) 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#122 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 05, 2013 - 08:40 PM

That's exactly why MDA would do it. The ridiculousness of MDA extends so far that one game he'd play Kobe 48 minutes and the next game he'd have him come in for Young.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#123 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,872 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:47 PM

That's exactly why MDA would do it. The ridiculousness of MDA extends so far that one game he'd play Kobe 48 minutes and the next game he'd have him come in for Young.

MDA can't tell Kobe [expletive], neither can Phil.

Kobe at this point is pass "telling him what to do", now could Phil discipline Kobe without ESPN ands the media making it what it would be if D'Antoni forced KObe off the court.

Kobe knew that the team could win if he took over and played like Kobe, instead of trying to play off Supermam or Nash or whomever

Oh well

MDA is not as inept as everyone here likes to say, but whatever

#124 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 06:25 AM

could Phil discipline Kobe without ESPN ands the media making it what it would be if D'Antoni forced KObe off the court.

MDA is not as inept as everyone here likes to say, but whatever

I don't know even know what you're saying with that first sentence.

Maybe not AS inept as say but he's inept enough to be a career loser.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#125 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,872 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 07:14 AM

I don't know even know what you're saying with that first sentence.

Maybe not AS inept as say but he's inept enough to be a career loser.

Larry Brown was a career loser until he won. Same with Doc ivers, and the list goes on, only a couple came out the gate winning, so though you define D'antoni a "loser" in regards to basketball

There is ZERO DOUBT, that not only did he accomplish more in life than most of his critics, but also in terms of his field(basketball), and your field( who knows), can you honestly say you're a better student/worker than D'Antoni has been as a coach?

The answer is no, unless you've been employee of the year or something like that.

He was invited by some of the most brilliant minds to help with offense at the Olympics

Do you think Nash and Amare COMPARE in anyway to Tim Duncan,Manu and Tony featuring Tony Parker

phil won with the best 2 2 guards in histiory, Dennis Rodman, Shaq, Pau

come on dude, don't ct like every coach gets the same players and they are all on equal playing ground.

i know your thing is to trash guyys you think are trash, but I don't deal in hyperboly or trolling or nothing of the sort.

D'Antoni is better than solid

#126 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,872 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 07:14 AM

Larry Brown was a career loser until he won. Same with Doc ivers, and the list goes on, only a couple came out the gate winning, so though you define D'antoni a "loser" in regards to basketball

There is ZERO DOUBT, that not only did he accomplish more in life than most of his critics, but also in terms of his field(basketball), and your field( who knows), can you honestly say you're a better student/worker than D'Antoni has been as a coach?

The answer is no, unless you've been employee of the year or something like that.

He was invited by some of the most brilliant minds to help with offense at the Olympics

Do you think Nash and Amare COMPARE in anyway to Tim Duncan,Manu and Tony featuring Tony Parker

come on dude, don't ct like every coach gets the same players and they are all on equal playing ground.

i know your thing is to trash guyys you think are trash, but I don't deal in hyperbole or trolling or nothing of the sort.

#127 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 08:19 AM

i know your thing is to trash guyys you think are trash, but I don't deal in hyperboly or trolling or nothing of the sort.

Larry Brown and Doc Rivers

Tell me what those two coaches are associated with and what Mike D'Antoni is known for being allergic to?

You need the players to win it but you also need a coach who can direct those players. D'Antoni has had a number of capable and more than capable players to win a championship. MDA's playoff record should speak volumes.

MDA has been a head coach since '98/'99 so he's def not "out the gate". He's had his opportunities and he's failed every time. What's a big criticism of his that has stuck to him like flies on [expletive]? NO DEFENSE NO DEFENSE NO DEFENSE

He's had one of the best PGs of all time in prime Nash, all stars in Amare and Marion, and a host of quality role players and shooters. His rosters were good enough otherwise he wouldn't have won 60+ games nor would he have made it to the WCF without a good roster. Then he was gifted with the head coaching job of the LA Lakers and a roster consisting of Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest...result? 40 wins and ZERO playoff wins...a pathetic 44% playoff win percentage.

Why are you going on this wild tangent about his life??? My life??? Other peoples lives? Are u high? What does that have to do with ANYTHING we're discussing? Not a damn thing. It doesn't have anything to do with his ability to coach championship basketball for the LA Lakers.

to help with offense at the Olympics

How does this help your point at all? 

I didn't say it compares but Pop has had those guys and only has 4 ships to show for it and a few choke jobs. We've been down this road before but what you're saying is irrelevant to MDA and his repeated failures. 

Phil Jackson won 11 Championships...PERIOD. MDA can barely win a playoff game/series. 

This isn't fantasy basketball...you have to make it work with what you have. Excuses excuses excuses.

I deal in results. What are the results of MDA's coaching career thus far? 

Edited by Windu, September 06, 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#128 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 01:28 PM

Larry Brown and Doc Rivers

Tell me what those two coaches are associated with and what Mike D'Antoni is known for being allergic to?

You need the players to win it but you also need a coach who can direct those players. D'Antoni has had a number of capable and more than capable players to win a championship. MDA's playoff record should speak volumes.

MDA has been a head coach since '98/'99 so he's def not "out the gate". He's had his opportunities and he's failed every time. What's a big criticism of his that has stuck to him like flies on [expletive]? NO DEFENSE NO DEFENSE NO DEFENSE

He's had one of the best PGs of all time in prime Nash, all stars in Amare and Marion, and a host of quality role players and shooters. His rosters were good enough otherwise he wouldn't have won 60+ games nor would he have made it to the WCF without a good roster. Then he was gifted with the head coaching job of the LA Lakers and a roster consisting of Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest...result? 40 wins and ZERO playoff wins...a pathetic 44% playoff win percentage.

Why are you going on this wild tangent about his life??? My life??? Other peoples lives? Are u high? What does that have to do with ANYTHING we're discussing? Not a damn thing. It doesn't have anything to do with his ability to coach championship basketball for the LA Lakers.

How does this help your point at all? 

I didn't say it compares but Pop has had those guys and only has 4 ships to show for it and a few choke jobs. We've been down this road before but what you're saying is irrelevant to MDA and his repeated failures. 

Phil Jackson won 11 Championships...PERIOD. MDA can barely win a playoff game/series. 

This isn't fantasy basketball...you have to make it work with what you have. Excuses excuses excuses.

I deal in results. What are the results of MDA's coaching career thus far? 

So if we win a title are you gonna give him credit or say it was all the players that won "in spite" of him?

#129 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 01:36 PM

So if we win a title are you gonna give him credit or say it was all the players that won "in spite" of him?

If he coaches this team to a title, then I'll say helluva job coach.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#130 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 01:46 PM

If he coaches this team to a title, then I'll say helluva job coach.

Whats your definition of coaching the team to a title?  As in your criteria

#131 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 01:55 PM

Whats your definition of coaching the team to a title?  As in your criteria

what do you mean? He's the head coach...he has the authority to say what happens with his players on the basketball court

Edited by Windu, September 06, 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#132 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,872 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 08:23 PM

My tangent is because it's EASY to call anybody a loser from behind a computer screen

In my opinion, no NBA player is a loser

Now, I'm not going to say they all are great, or all the coaches are great

But D'Antoni has had great seasons in this league

he has beaten Phil jackson in playoff series' In fact Phil's team had a 3-1 lead and D'Antoni coached his team back into it

And Phil had the Best Player in Basketball

that was a soft team though, and wasn't built like the Spurs and Pistons which were the best two teams of that era

D'Antoni made it to the NBA and Olympics, he has proven to be better than the average coach at some point in his tenure

Did you WATCH the games, I don't think Nash-Kobe-Pau and Dwight played ten games, and if they played ten, 9 of them someone was playing hurt and 6 of them 2 of them were hurt

So please don't act like he had The Heat, Okc or one of these supremely talented teams with players in their primes and we underperformed

It started with mike brown and it just was crazy

#133 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 08:37 PM

I remember the remnants of what was leftover from D'antoni's system nearly pushing us to 7 games the year we went to the finals for our second title when we had Kobe and a prime Pau Gasol and they had Channing Frye... .

It's not that the system DOESN'T work it's that people question D'antoni's ability to coach it when Option A is gone.

He'll have his chance this year with a talented and depthful team to show what he can do with a training camp and the ability to install.

I'm sure we won't run that style specificall, maybe our bench will.

But anyway, D'antoni has all the pieces to succeed.  We'll see what he does with it.

#134 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,872 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 09:01 PM

I remember the remnants of what was leftover from D'antoni's system nearly pushing us to 7 games the year we went to the finals for our second title when we had Kobe and a prime Pau Gasol and they had Channing Frye... .

It's not that the system DOESN'T work it's that people question D'antoni's ability to coach it when Option A is gone.

He'll have his chance this year with a talented and depthful team to show what he can do with a training camp and the ability to install.

I'm sure we won't run that style specificall, maybe our bench will.

But anyway, D'antoni has all the pieces to succeed.  We'll see what he does with it.

Funny you should mention that

If you remember that team's strength was it's depth

Now Amare had a MONSTER second half to propel them into a good playoff seeding, but I think the Suns were based on being a 9,10 11 deep team

I think we can play like that with Farmar,Blake,Meeks,Johnson and Kaman are all capable of playing

#135 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted September 06, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Is it just me or do we actually have a better chance than last year if we'll be lucky with our low risk high reward guys like Kaman and if Kobe comes back strong? Looking at our depth and still having players that we have interest in, we will have a way better production off of our bench. If we had -half the depth last year, we wouldn't be forcing players to injuries and we'd have a better chemistry. I don't wanna sound optimistic - at least not like Majesty(no offense dude, i just think your love for Lakers blinds your judgement from time to time) - but i have a good feeling about the upcoming season.

#136 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 09:56 PM

1235302_669158159763869_1022513435_n.jpg

#137 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 06, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Nick Young has a really good personality.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#138 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 07, 2013 - 06:26 AM

My tangent is because it's EASY to call anybody a loser from behind a computer screen

In my opinion, no NBA player is a loser

Now, I'm not going to say they all are great, or all the coaches are great

But D'Antoni has had great seasons in this league

he has beaten Phil jackson in playoff series' In fact Phil's team had a 3-1 lead and D'Antoni coached his team back into it

And Phil had the Best Player in Basketball

that was a soft team though, and wasn't built like the Spurs and Pistons which were the best two teams of that era

D'Antoni made it to the NBA and Olympics, he has proven to be better than the average coach at some point in his tenure

Did you WATCH the games, I don't think Nash-Kobe-Pau and Dwight played ten games, and if they played ten, 9 of them someone was playing hurt and 6 of them 2 of them were hurt

So please don't act like he had The Heat, Okc or one of these supremely talented teams with players in their primes and we underperformed

It started with mike brown and it just was crazy

I don't see how you are even trying to draw a correlation between Mike D'Antoni's PROVEN failures as a professional basketball coach (a position in the limelight that has always been subject to critique) and Mike D'Antoni on a personal level. He is what he is. It's like what Odysseus from Troy said: "It's no insult to say a dead man is dead."

Do you really want to get into MDA's "accomplishments" as a head coach? Do you REALLY want to get into that discussion? Serious question. A seven seed had a 3-1 lead on MDA's second seeded team...lol. A team comprised of Kobe Bryant + Scrubs almost beat a top seeded led by the awesome coaching abilities of one Michael D'Antoni. 

You have so many excuses.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#139 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted September 07, 2013 - 10:54 PM

I don't see how you are even trying to draw a correlation between Mike D'Antoni's PROVEN failures as a professional basketball coach (a position in the limelight that has always been subject to critique) and Mike D'Antoni on a personal level. He is what he is. It's like what Odysseus from Troy said: "It's no insult to say a dead man is dead."

Do you really want to get into MDA's "accomplishments" as a head coach? Do you REALLY want to get into that discussion? Serious question. A seven seed had a 3-1 lead on MDA's second seeded team...lol. A team comprised of Kobe Bryant + Scrubs almost beat a top seeded led by the awesome coaching abilities of one Michael D'Antoni. 

You have so many excuses.

BasketballIQ thinks the Lakers are contending this year.

Enough said.

Posted Image

#140 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted September 07, 2013 - 11:19 PM

Offense sells tickets, defense  wins the game.

D'antoni getting the offense right with this group is part of the process.

Kurt getting them all to buy into the team defense aspect is going to be the greater challenge imo.  

And I think that only happens if we play with that chip on our shoulder and "us against the world" mentality.

We're all signing people that feel they have something to prove, to themselves and to the league itself.

And so do we as an organization.  If there was ever a time to get someone to teach defense like Rambis will want us to play now is it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users