• Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 27, 2014 - 10:19 AM

Carlos Boozer: Lakers starting SF? in.gif
July, 26, 2014
JUL 26
9:06
AM ET
By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

The Los Angeles Lakers formally introduced Carlos Boozer to the local media on Friday and he's thrilled to be with his new team. The Lakers were awarded Boozer as they put in the highest bid of $3,251,000 after the Chicago Bullswaived him via the amnesty provision. 

"I was ecstatic and I was jumping up and down," Boozer told the Los Angeles Times. "I went back out there and got two more hours in." 

According to Mike Bresnahan, the Lakers plan to have Boozer start at small forward. Boozer has always played at power forward, so this move will be interesting, especially on defense. Boozer is an average defender and as a result he sat in most of the fourth quarters with the Bulls last season. 

The early projection has the following starting lineup for the Lakers: 

PG: Steve Nash 
SG: Kobe Bryant 
SF: Carlos Boozer 
PF: Julius Randle 
C: Jordan Hill

Saw this on ESPN. Apparently, the Lakers plan on playing Boozer at the 3? At least according to Mike Bresnahan. 

As much as i like the idea of players being able to switch positions, i think putting Boozer at the 3 is a bit... stupid. 

#242 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 27, 2014 - 10:40 AM

Saw this on ESPN. Apparently, the Lakers plan on playing Boozer at the 3? At least according to Mike Bresnahan. 

As much as i like the idea of players being able to switch positions, i think putting Boozer at the 3 is a bit... stupid. 

Mike Bresh ALWAYS says weird [expletive] like this

if anyone would be the 3 in TAHt line up it would be the much quicker Randle

But I doubt Byron will start both

That also has Nash starting, which I doubt

#243 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,965 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 27, 2014 - 10:49 AM

If Scott gets any indication that Nash can be affective, he will go with the veteran guard. But we shall see
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#244 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 27, 2014 - 12:10 PM

Mike Bresh ALWAYS says weird [expletive] like this

if anyone would be the 3 in TAHt line up it would be the much quicker Randle

But I doubt Byron will start both

That also has Nash starting, which I doubt

I think Nash starts, if he can, but Lin will get the majority of the minutes. I expect the rookie Clarkson to log at least 10mpg as well. 

Regarding Boozer, i think he's a PF and if he's going to play other positions it should be the C, where he can be effective will do the least amount of damage - NOT the SF. I think Randle might start the season from the bench, which perhaps is a good idea. That'll allow him to go against a bit easier competition and perhaps avoid the "rookie wall". 

#245 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 27, 2014 - 12:15 PM

if anything, randle might play some mins at sf

booz will be a PF

hill and davis will split time at C...

#246 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 27, 2014 - 12:44 PM

You know an article is B.S. when Mike B. says that's what the Lakers are planning to do when at the time they didn't even have a coach. 

It's not up to the Lakers to decide where to play Boozer its on their coach and he was just made official late last night. So how Mike B has any clue how the Lakers plan to use Boozer when they didn't even have a coach yet shows how full of it he was with that rumor. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#247 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 995 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 28, 2014 - 03:00 PM

If you have a healthy nash, theres no point of putting him on the bench to go as a second unit.

Nash
Kobe
Randle
Boozer
Hill

#248 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 28, 2014 - 03:41 PM

If you have a healthy nash, theres no point of putting him on the bench to go as a second unit.

Nash
Kobe
Randle
Boozer
Hill

You wont have a healthy Nash. He honestly shouldn't even be included in the lineup.

#249 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 995 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 03:45 PM

You wont have a healthy Nash. He honestly shouldn't even be included in the lineup.

Im not betting againts your claim that he wont be healthy but atleast lets give him the benefit of the doubt. how much are you willing to bet? Id go with him starting the season and not behind lin? How much?

#250 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 28, 2014 - 03:47 PM

Im not betting againts your claim that he wont be healthy but atleast lets give him the benefit of the doubt. how much are you willing to bet? Id go with him starting the season and not behind lin? How much?

Well Im not betting anything because im on a forum lol. Though if I had to money on it I wouldn't count him to be starting over lin. Also wouldn't bet on him actually being ready for the season. My guess he will injure himself before the regular season starts. 

#251 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 995 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 03:57 PM

Well Im not betting anything because im on a forum lol. Though if I had to money on it I wouldn't count him to be starting over lin. Also wouldn't bet on him actually being ready for the season. My guess he will injure himself before the regular season starts.

Hahaha come on men.. Lets be possitive here.. I understand you though. There were couple of times i totally forgot to include him in our roster for next yr just because i didnt see much of him last yr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users