#181 marbleman

marbleman

Rookie

• 49 posts
  • Name:Walter Ordjonikidze
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:41 AM

It looks like Kobe won't be back before Thanksgiving, so here is my rotation of 9 players and the minutes for each one of them.

PG J.Farmar ( 30 min.)

SG N.Young ( 35 min.)

SF W.Johnson ( 35 min.)

PF Jordan Hill ( 35 min.)

C   Pau Gasol ( 30 min.)

Second unit/Rotation players - St.Nash ( 21 min.) S.Williams (13 min.) E.Harris ( 13 min.) and Ch.Kaman (28 min.)

When Kobe comes back, he should not play more than 25-28 min. a game, at least, at the begining. Nick Young will serve as his primary back-up.This is not a championship lineup and most likely will have an early exit after the first round of the playoffs, but can be a lot more fun to watch, than last year team.

#182 marbleman

marbleman

Rookie

• 49 posts
  • Name:Walter Ordjonikidze
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:54 AM

If Warriors can trade overpayed, old, unproductive Richard Jefferson for Andre Igoudala, yes we can trade Blake who has performed good last season for a starting SF. And if Mbah Moute is traded for mere 2nd round pick, yes we can trade Blake for a starting SF.

:facepalm: Not all starting SFs are Kevin Durant.

You probably forgot, that Jerry West is the one, who made that trade. And we all know very well, what he is capable of doing. Unfortunately, M.Kupchak can not make that kind of a trade to get rid of Steve Blake and bring in a starting small forward, better than W.Johnson, S.Williams or X.Henry. Not a chance. We can trade Blake for a high second round pic in 2014 draft. That is a real deal and can happen.

#183 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,073 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:14 AM

Mitch pulled off derek fisher for Jordan Hill and luke walton and kapono for ramon sessions.

Edited by Majesty, September 27, 2013 - 10:15 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#184 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 27, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Mitch is dope. He has been earning his check. Silent trades and nice pick ups. Unfortunately to some, it's never enough.
Posted Image

#185 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,073 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 10:22 PM

When it comes to our roster if Shawne Williams is gonna make it(and he for all intents and purposes should) then there's no need for Landry to be on the roster.

If we're taking 15 in this would be the most logical then

Steve Nash / Steve Blake / Jordan Farmar
Kobe Bryant / Nick Young / Jodie Meeks

Wesley Johnson / Shawne Williams / Xavier Henry

Jordan Hill / Ryan Kelly / Elias Harris

Pau Gasol / Chris Kaman / Robert Sacre

So unless Henry does absolutely awful and Landry completely boggles our minds, then that is what likely will be our final lineup in my opinion.

#186 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,732 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 04, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I hope two of the 5 scrubs and we all know which five I mean, can prove to be of some value and Wes Johnson and Nick Young ABSOLUTELY need to have a strong impact

#187 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 04, 2013 - 10:52 PM

When it comes to our roster if Shawne Williams is gonna make it(and he for all intents and purposes should) then there's no need for Landry to be on the roster.

If we're taking 15 in this would be the most logical then

Steve Nash / Steve Blake / Jordan Farmar
Kobe Bryant / Nick Young / Jodie Meeks

Wesley Johnson / Shawne Williams / Xavier Henry

Jordan Hill / Ryan Kelly / Elias Harris

Pau Gasol / Chris Kaman / Robert Sacre

So unless Henry does absolutely awful and Landry completely boggles our minds, then that is what likely will be our final lineup in my opinion.

Amazingly, there really isn't enough minutes to go around - especially in the back-court.

Steve Nash (max 30mpg) / Steve Blake (15mpg) / Jordan Farmar(15mpg)
Kobe Bryant (max 33mpg)/ Nick Young (25mpg)/ Jodie Meeks (20mpg)

As i've said before, perhaps it's a good idea to move a couple of guys mid-season. 

Edited by DanishLakerFan, October 04, 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#188 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,073 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 12:26 AM

I doubt Nash plays 30 mins a game and I doubt Meeks is a 20 min player anymore with Young on the team now. But he'd have his uses.

#189 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 01:02 AM

I doubt Nash plays 30 mins a game and I doubt Meeks is a 20 min player anymore with Young on the team now. But he'd have his uses.

I agree and i think we'll see both Kobe and Young getting more mins at the 3 as well as Blake getting mins at the SG position, but i dont think it's ideal. Both Kobe and Young are most effective at the 2, and i think Meeks, i think he's too good to only get 10-15 mpg, which is why i think we should consider trading him. 

#190 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,073 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 02:20 AM

You don't trade Meeks when kobe is in Kobe's situation.

#191 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 02:35 AM

You don't trade Meeks when kobe is in Kobe's situation.

And why is that exactly?

The only chance we have at even make the playoffs is if Kobe comes back at close to 100%. If he doesn't, we're not going anywhere and Meeks isn't going to change that. 

Also, i'm not saying we should trade Meeks tomorrow, but once we're about a month into the season, i think we'll have a pretty good idea of who is going to be in the rotation and if Kobe is healthy i think a guy like Meeks could be the odd man out. 

You could probably send Meeks, Blake and a filler to Washington for Trevor Ariza or to Boston for Courtney Lee or something. 

#192 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,073 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 04:25 AM

What I'm saying is with Kobe's health as fluctuate as it may be you NEED a second backup shooting guard. You don't make it where the only other backup shooting guard is nick young. If Kobe's health is ever in question you need both young and meeks. Gotta be prepared for everything.

#193 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 05, 2013 - 09:27 AM

^ I agree. 

Besides, I expect Meeks to improve this year. He wants to shoot no less than 40% from three this season. And with no Dwight being indecisive when he gets the ball, better ball movement should lead to better positioning and shot selection for Meeks. And when Meeks can get hot, he gets hot...

If only he can be a mini Danny Green for us haha

#194 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,732 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Meeks will be moved around Feb. I believe.

#195 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,869 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 05, 2013 - 11:21 AM

What I'm saying is with Kobe's health as fluctuate as it may be you NEED a second backup shooting guard. You don't make it where the only other backup shooting guard is nick young. If Kobe's health is ever in question you need both young and meeks. Gotta be prepared for everything.

Agree on this. Hope they beef up their training staff just in case too. I was at the point of totally losing confidence last season with them whether thats misplaced or not.  And i worry about players also feeling that way

Edited by kball, October 05, 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#196 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 04:10 AM

Maybe Xavier Henry will get som mins at the 2 as well. I know it's a preseason game, but 29 points is pretty damn good!

#197 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 06, 2013 - 07:41 AM

Maybe Xavier Henry will get som mins at the 2 as well. I know it's a preseason game, but 29 points is pretty damn good!

29 points against the Warrior's starters is pretty damn good.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#198 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,732 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 11:15 AM

If Xavier can't fit with Nash and Gasol or Kobe, they'll need players who do

#199 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 03:47 PM

Wes Johnson has the most to prove this game
Posted Image

#200 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,073 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 05:16 PM

Wes Johnson has the most to prove this game

Well Wes is finally back at his natural position.  Well the 3, his most BENEFICIAL would probably be 2, but 2/3 is fine.  

He was played at 4 most of last game, and when he was at the 3, he played very good D on Klay Thompson when we stopped the warriors 13 times to come back in that 3rd quarter and made some good passes.  That turnover doesn't change that.

Meeks to me has the most to prove because he did nothing but hit a three but looked lost out there most of the time.   He passed at the wrong times off screens he is supposed to shoot off of, and Iggy torched him I think shooting 7/8 while Meeks was on him. So to me Meeks has most to prove especially given that Xavier pretty much took that backup spot from him.

Xavier went off and D'antoni put meeks back into the game to try to get his time back  while meeks was in we shot 1-12 and had no rhythm and couldn't stop anyone.    When D'antoni brought in Henry and Johnson we got 13 stops and came back.

So with that said, Meeks has most to prove imo tonight.   Wes isn't here to score he's here to defend and bother people defensively and if scoring comes it comes, I'm fine with him going 6/3 off the bench as long as he's a defensive pest. 

Meeks is actually here to SCORE and to play pestering defense.   If he can't stop anyone and can't even function in an offense that is only asking him to do one thing he may find himself at the end of the bench.

Edited by Majesty, October 06, 2013 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users