#81 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Sign Melo in 2014, have Kobe & Gasol take a paycut and save the rest for Love in 2015. 

PG - filler

SG - Kobe

SF - Melo

PF - Love

C - Gasol 

It's a 2 year plan, but damn that's a nice starting 4/5 (albeit an aging Kobe & Gasol). Oh and bring the Zen Master back as coach, I think he would like this lineup. 

You can go either Kevin Love or Rajon Rondo. But I know Kevin Love would "Love" to be a Laker.

#82 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,239 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 07, 2013 - 10:31 PM

I do think there's a very good chance Melo is a Laker this time next year.

But... it's just Melo. The Lakers would still need a lot of pieces around him to return to contender status.

Posted Image

#83 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,121 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Melo would be a nice addition, but like others have mentioned, two ball-dominant volume shooters on the floor at the same time doesn't really work out.

I don't see Kobe taking a backseat to ANYONE anytime soon, not sure how Melo would feel being a 2nd option in the prime of his career, even if it is for 1 or 2 seasons(Kobe retiring).

#84 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Melo would be a nice addition, but like others have mentioned, two ball-dominant volume shooters on the floor at the same time doesn't really work out.

I don't see Kobe taking a backseat to ANYONE anytime soon, not sure how Melo would feel being a 2nd option in the prime of his career, even if it is for 1 or 2 seasons(Kobe retiring).

D-Wade and LeBron and Ball Dominant. So were Shaq and Kobe.

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#85 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,692 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:16 PM

Carmelo has already said they proved in 2 olympics they(he and Kobe) can work together and Kobe said he knows how he'd use Carmelo and vice versa.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#86 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,121 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:21 PM

D-Wade and LeBron and Ball Dominant. So were Shaq and Kobe.

D-Wade plays off the ball wayyy more since Lebron got there and he essentially took a backseat to LBJ for the good of the team. Also both of them are unselfish players which really matters.

Shaq and Kobe were a whole different animal. But one was a center and the other was a shooting guard. Easier to do your thing outside while your teammate does his thing inside. But then again where'd that relationship end? Also, I don't think Kobe ever saw himself as a number 2 option even if he was.

Two perimeter players who are also ball dominant and volume shooters, I can things not running so smoothly.

#87 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:22 PM

D-Wade plays off the ball wayyy more since Lebron got there

Same would apply for Carmelo with Kobe here.

They are both very aware that people don't think they can play together.

Carmelo has talked about this, and said they proved in the Olympics that they can and they know how to use each other.

It's no secret that he'd change his game if playing with Kobe. He has said as such and they proved it in two Olympics.

Don't you think if they constantly say "We know how to play together" that they do?  It's not like Carmelo would come here and suddenly NOT know how to play with Kobe as it's probably something they've worked on, as both him and Kobe are 100% confident of it.

Edited by Majesty, July 07, 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#88 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,121 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:26 PM

Carmelo has already said they proved in 2 olympics they(he and Kobe) can work together and Kobe said he knows how he'd use Carmelo and vice versa.

Small sample size.

Also, it's a lot easier to do ANYTHING on a team offensively when the other 3 players on the floor at any given time with you are Chris Paul, LBJ and Dwight among other superstars and all stars. Everyone looked good playing with everyone on the Redeem Team.

Not saying they can't make it happen, just that it's not as easy as some of you make it seem.

#89 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Time to start the campaign - #MELO14

#90 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:29 PM

Small sample size.

Also, it's a lot easier to do ANYTHING on a team offensively when the other 3 players on the floor at any given time with you are Chris Paul, LBJ and Dwight among other superstars and all stars. Everyone looked good playing with everyone on the Redeem Team.

Not saying they can't make it happen, just that it's not as easy as some of you make it seem.

it's not just us making that assumption.  They both are on record saying that they know how to play together and that there wouldn't be any "chemistry" issues.  So it's them as well saying it.

Would love to see what they'd have in mind.

I have a feeling that Carmelo and Kobe have been scheming this :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, July 07, 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#91 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,121 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:30 PM

Same would apply for Carmelo with Kobe here.

They are both very aware that people don't think they can play together.

Carmelo has talked about this, and said they proved in the Olympics that they can and they know how to use each other.

It's no secret that he'd change his game if playing with Kobe. He has said as such and they proved it in two Olympics.

Don't you think if they constantly say "We know how to play together" that they do? It's not like Carmelo would come here and suddenly NOT know how to play with Kobe as it's probably something they've worked on, as both him and Kobe are 100% confident of it.

I'd be surprised if we find a way to get Melo, and am totally for acquiring his services, I just don't think it's as easy as telling a lifelong first option 25ppg career scorer to play off the ball more and concede some FGA. He's smart enough to possibly make it work, and hope he does if he ever wears a Laker uni, but it'll take work.

#92 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:33 PM

I also do notice when it comes to defense, when its time to defend his "big brother" he always tries :laughing:  

Even in the all-star game and they share a laugh about it

Big bro and lil bro :bounce:

#93 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,322 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:39 PM

Kobe-Vanessa-Melo-Lala-560x562.png

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#94 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 08, 2013 - 01:13 AM

Everyone keeps talking about Kobe being on the team after next season. What happens if Jim Buss has a brain fart and decides not to sign Kobe when his contract is up. I know that is very unlikely but who knows what Jim is capable of. Pretty sure there would be riots if LA is they refuse to have Kobe back!

#95 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 01:29 AM

I always thought Melo would be the one we bring in 2014. Melo probably realized by now he cannot defeat Lebron's team in EC. The best way for him to reach Finals is with a team in West. WC will be a lot more competitive in next few years but with Lakers and Kobe it is worth a shot.

PG Steve Nash

SG Kobe Bryant

SF Carmelo Anthony

PF DeMarcus Cousins

C Pau Gasol

#96 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,395 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 08, 2013 - 03:29 AM

Same people that were on the D12 nuts are now the same people on the Melo nuts.

Dont ya'll ever learn?

#97 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 03:31 AM

Same people that were on the D12 nuts are now the same people on the Melo nuts.

Dont ya'll ever learn?

Same people that think their opinion to be well received by talking down to people are now still the same people that talk down to people assuming their opinion will be well received.

Don't ya'll ever learn?

#98 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,395 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 08, 2013 - 03:35 AM

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

#99 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 08, 2013 - 04:29 AM

However we move forward, I think we should stop trying to assume PJ will return as coach. I just don't see it anymore at his age. Not ruling it out considering he rested for a year I just find it very unlikely.

#100 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted July 08, 2013 - 05:25 AM

I think they would rather play against each other than with each other. Not too thrilled to have Melo on this team TBH.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users