#281 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Unless we can make a serious run and we can't then not making the playoffs and having a bad record only helps the rebuild.  I'd rather get a top 5 pick in this deep draft than get the 7th or 8th seed and get pick 17...its really that simple

It really isn't. Like I already said, what makes you think that there aren't several other teams far worse than ours that are also aiming for the 2014 lottery pick? We're stuck trying to contend either way. 

#282 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,211 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:04 PM

Boston got 3 1st rounders with 1 of those possibly being a lottery pick one day for 2 guys on the way out in a year or 2.  Why didnt LA seek something like for Pau?  Why not get under the repeater tax?  This org has shown over the past few years to have very poor foresight. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#283 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,211 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Not too many teams in the West the Lakers are better than, especially in our own division.  We are already roster wise the 4th best team in the Pacific division.  3rd best IF we see 2013 Kobe again.  Problem with that is Kobe cannot log 38MPG again ever unless we want to bury him into retirement. 

It really isn't. Like I already said, what makes you think that there aren't several other teams far worse than ours that are also aiming for the 2014 lottery pick? We're stuck trying to contend either way. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#284 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,211 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Right now top 8 in the West are OKC, SAS, LAC, MEM, HOU, GSW, MIN, DEN.  All of those teams are better built than LA.  Now you have the up and coming talented teams like NO and Portland to battle it out with.  Then middle of the pack teams like Dallas and us.  Then horrible teams but young and talented like the Kings and PHX.  In all likelihood unless Kobe goes on rampage for the majority the year and a lot of bad luck to the top 8 we dont sniff the playoffs

#285 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,158 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:15 PM

How is Min better than the Lakers?

Love is more like lt to get injured than Pau. Pekovic has the type of style that isnt built for 82 games. Rubio is a concern.

Now you're dreaming.

And history should teach you that one or more of those teams will get some misfortune. it might be SAS, it might be Denver, it might be OKC who is falling apart honestly.

In sports bad luck is inevitable. We probably missed out on a three peat bc of some bad luck regarding Kobe's injuries  or Bynum in 2008 or Pau's girl problems in 2011

#286 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,211 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Minny was a possible 8th seed before injuries.  Again, lets not overlook the fact that Kobe isnt coming back full throttle on game 1 and then this probably the worst defensive bunch in the entire NBA.  Not sure why you are so hell bent on being an 8th seed team and getting thrashed by a top seed vs getting a better chance at a true rebuild.  Baffles me.

How is Min better than the Lakers?

Love is more like lt to get injured than Pau. Pekovic has the type of style that isnt built for 82 games. Rubio is a concern.

Now you're dreaming.

And history should teach you that one or more of those teams will get some misfortune. it might be SAS, it might be Denver, it might be OKC who is falling apart honestly.

In sports bad luck is inevitable. We probably missed out on a three peat bc of some bad luck regarding Kobe's injuries  or Bynum in 2008 or Pau's girl problems in 2011

#287 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,158 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think that if we play

Nash

Kobe

Wes

Hill

Pau

Then

Blake/farmar

Meeks/Johnson

Young

KellyHill

kaman

we have two good offensive bench players in Kaman and Nick to put everything together, along with the Blake we saw last season or Farmar pushing the ball

Someone who can get to the basket in Young.

Let's see what happens. Sports aren't THAT predictable. Maybe the title winner, but not much else to be honest.

Nick Young

#288 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 26, 2013 - 12:26 AM

lol sorry if you're suggesting we tank, it ain't happening in this organization.

Some of you really don't understand what the Lakers are....

Edited by Ham, July 26, 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#289 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,211 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 04:21 AM

I never said they were actually tanking in full but that has nothing to do with if they will be a competitive team or not.  Not Tanking =/= Actually making the playoffs

lol sorry if you're suggesting we tank, it ain't happening in this organization.

Some of you really don't understand what the Lakers are....

#290 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 09:13 AM

I never said they were actually tanking in full but that has nothing to do with if they will be a competitive team or not.  Not Tanking =/= Actually making the playoffs

You want new talent? There's two ways: Tank or trade assets, which we have none.

#291 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,211 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 10:20 AM

You just proved my whole point fool.  Thats the reason why Im not looking forward to an 8th seed push.  I want to be in the lottery to have a CHANCE at a good player.  With the new CBA its going to become harder to LA to get great young talent via free agency as well.  The next best FA push should be 2015 not 2014.  Lebron isnt coming and 22.5M should not be wrapped up in Melo.  Get a good pick this year, grab up good throwaway talent via free agency next year or take a bad contract or 2 for good future picks to make up for Nash trade and go after Rondo and Love in 2015.

You want new talent? There's two ways: Tank or trade assets, which we have none.

#292 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,168 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 26, 2013 - 10:29 AM

So the lakers have a pick in the first round next year. So if they are in the lottery does that mean 2 first round picks?

#293 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,136 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 26, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Some of you still suggesting we tank? WTF

Go watch the WWE

Pau Gasol is GONE

#294 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,243 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 26, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Do you not understand that Kobe will not tank? Kobes going to try to win every game possible. Either way it's not like we're gonna be able to get a top 5 pick even if Kobe doesn't play. So why be the bubble team of the playoffs? Why not just play this season like if its any other season and try to win. Miracles happen in sports. It's pathetic that we have one bad season and "fans" want this team to tank. Believe in Mitch, he always has something up his sleeve, he will shock the basketball world like he usually does. Give him a chance, they are still recovering from Dwight leaving and I'm sure they have a plan. Just sit back and enjoy watching Kobe and this team compete. Have some pride as a fan and cheer your team on, that's what being a die hard fan is about, supporting your team through thick and thin. You're never supposed to want your team to lose.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, July 26, 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#295 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 26, 2013 - 10:54 AM

An interesting reverse on this would be Melo convincing Kobe to go to NY after his contract year lol.

#296 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,243 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 26, 2013 - 11:10 AM

An interesting reverse on this would be Melo convincing Kobe to go to NY after his contract year lol.

Kobe isn't going anywhere.

#297 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 139 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 26, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Maybe we should suck for more than just a year. That way some of these poser "fans" will be weeded out.

#298 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 26, 2013 - 12:16 PM

2014 rather have the stars such as Lebron, Carmelo, stay with their respective teams. NO more establish stars teaming up, until they are old like Tracy Mcgrady/ Karl Malone/Gary Payton/ Steve Nash ect trying to win a ring before retirement. However, the up and coming younger stars such as Paul George, Cousin, Wall, Jennings, others, I would want for they can be franchise cornerstone and are young and still not establish like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Melo, Rose, ect. Shaq joined Lakers in summer of 1996 at age 24. Any players that meet this requirement is welcome age 18-25 and rising star. Doubt we can get the players in bold, I'm hoping we find a diamond in the rough during 2014 draft. 

#299 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 01:20 PM

You just proved my whole point fool.  Thats the reason why Im not looking forward to an 8th seed push.  I want to be in the lottery to have a CHANCE at a good player.  With the new CBA its going to become harder to LA to get great young talent via free agency as well.  The next best FA push should be 2015 not 2014.  Lebron isnt coming and 22.5M should not be wrapped up in Melo.  Get a good pick this year, grab up good throwaway talent via free agency next year or take a bad contract or 2 for good future picks to make up for Nash trade and go after Rondo and Love in 2015.

Listen you fool. I clearly stated, "The Laker's organization will never tank," in my previous post. That is not what we do. If we are going to suck because we are supposed too, so be it. And even if we tanked, we'd only have 25% chance to get the 1st pick. 25% chance forced upon Kobe's career, Pau's career, and Nash's career? Do you not have any sense? We are a CLASS organization for a reason. Maybe you don't know what CLASS is..

If we go all in 2014. Let's say we sign Melo and Lebron. We should have around 15-16 million in 2015 for Rondo and Love regardless, if and only if Kobe signs a significantly low one year deal.

Don't ever suggest the LAKERS should tank. Windu stated it correctly, "Go Watch WWE!," fool.

Edited by Ham, July 26, 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#300 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,136 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 26, 2013 - 05:59 PM

That is not what we do. If we are going to suck because we are supposed too, so be it. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users