#261 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:11 PM

Ouch. Let's just see how Kobe plays this season before taking him out back and putting him out of his misery. 

#262 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,779 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:27 AM

I dont care how he looks.  It's not realistic to think about Kobe being in the plans to compete on a 2015 or 2016 team

Ouch. Let's just see how Kobe plays this season before taking him out back and putting him out of his misery. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#263 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 25, 2013 - 11:15 AM

New ESPN First Take on Carmelo possible to Lakers

http://espn.go.com/v...id=espn:9508399

Posted Image

#264 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,136 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:23 PM

I dont care how he looks.  It's not realistic to think about Kobe being in the plans to compete on a 2015 or 2016 team

And you think this why?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#265 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Kobe said he thinks hes got 2-3 more years....so ill take his words over yours.

#266 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,209 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:52 PM

When Kobe said that 2014 was probably his last year how come no one here said "I'd take his word over yours"

Now that he said he's going to play longer now you believe him? Of course you do, because you guys believe what you want to here. Everything else goes through one ear and out the other with some of y'all.

#267 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,136 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Kobe probably means what he says. There's no point in trying to call people out, right now he's saying another 2-3 years so why not believe him? People didn't believe it cause they don't want him to retire sure, but they also felt cause of his competitive nature if he felt like he could he probably would. But since that injury he has a new fire in him. So we're sure now.

Kobe means what he says when he said it, so as of right now those that said he wouldn't retire are right. If for different reasons and cirmstances.

#268 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 03:09 PM

What's so realistic about writing him off before seeing how he plays this season? 

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 03:38 PM

New ESPN First Take on Carmelo possible to Lakers

http://espn.go.com/v...id=espn:9508399

Edited by    , July 25, 2013 - 03:42 PM.

yo.

#270 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,779 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Pretty much this.  I love Kobe but its not realistic to think he will and SHOULD be a part of a 2015 or 2016 Laker team if they want any chance at rebuilding a contender.  What do you expect Kobe to say? "Im not going to be able to play at a high level again?"  He himself doesnt even know because he hasnt even recovered from the Achilles.  I hope he can return at the high level but in 3 years it will be past time for him to move on.  I dont want a 37 year old Kobe on my team. 

When Kobe said that 2014 was probably his last year how come no one here said "I'd take his word over yours"

Now that he said he's going to play longer now you believe him? Of course you do, because you guys believe what you want to here. Everything else goes through one ear and out the other with some of y'all.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#271 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 773 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'd take 40 year old Kobe over Melo everyday of the week. He just had one of his best seasons and Kobe is not human so I don't count him out.

#272 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Wow you're all gonna regret doubting Mr. Kobe Bryant. I wanna see your reactions when he proves his doubters wrong once again.

Watch and see smh.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#273 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,779 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 07:11 PM

Wow you're all gonna regret doubting Mr. Kobe Bryant. I wanna see your reactions when he proves his doubters wrong once again.

Watch and see smh.

Prove us wrong and lead the Lakers to the 8th seed maybe? Only hurts our future as a franchise

#274 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,136 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 07:31 PM

Prove us wrong and lead the Lakers to the 8th seed maybe? Only hurts our future as a franchise

How?

#275 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted July 25, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Draft picks I guess?

#276 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:06 PM

How?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#277 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:19 PM

If we make it to the eighth seed as we are currently constructed, I'm pretty sure it'd be because of Kobe. So how does him putting us in contention hurt the franchise? I hope you're not suggesting that it's hurting the franchise because we wouldn't be able to tank hard enough to land any of the top draft picks next season because there are plenty of teams out there that will out-tank us easily. Sure, we're facing some tremendous odds winning it all next season, but the race to the bottom will be just as hard, if not harder. 

#278 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,779 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Unless we can make a serious run and we can't then not making the playoffs and having a bad record only helps the rebuild.  I'd rather get a top 5 pick in this deep draft than get the 7th or 8th seed and get pick 17...its really that simple

If we make it to the eighth seed as we are currently constructed, I'm pretty sure it'd be because of Kobe. So how does him putting us in contention hurt the franchise? I hope you're not suggesting that it's hurting the franchise because we wouldn't be able to tank hard enough to land any of the top draft picks next season because there are plenty of teams out there that will out-tank us easily. Sure, we're facing some tremendous odds winning it all next season, but the race to the bottom will be just as hard, if not harder. 

#279 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,875 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Result based. As a true fan of the Lakers, I wanna watch every game with the intent to win. I want Kobe to prove all the doubters wrong. Iwant Nash to play at a high level.I want to win. I want to see Nick Young realize his potential, as well as Hill,Farmar,Meeks,Johnson and  Daye( if he comes). I want to be entertained, and even though I am not expecting a championship, I expect the NBA to have a great year and the Lakers should be a part of that.

#280 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,779 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:01 PM

We want 2 different things man.  I want the Lakers to be able to rebuild and get to the top again.  Nick Young is 28 going into his 8th season.  He is who he is as a player.  Great 6th man bench spark.  He isnt going to turn into some smart efficient 20pt scorer.  I want to be put in the best position to gain young talent. 

The problem is the new CBA.  Before we could scoop guys after 4 years.  The draft is more important than ever now because of the way rookie contracts are constructed and restricted free agency.  A good rookie will most likely spend the first 7 years of his career with one team.   Unless LA is in a position to collect young assets like good picks and young talent similar to Boston the future is bleak.  2016 is the next time an elite player comes into play via free agency and thats KD.  Don't our spoiled history cloud your judgment on the new landscape.

Result based. As a true fan of the Lakers, I wanna watch every game with the intent to win. I want Kobe to prove all the doubters wrong. Iwant Nash to play at a high level.I want to win. I want to see Nick Young realize his potential, as well as Hill,Farmar,Meeks,Johnson and  Daye( if he comes). I want to be entertained, and even though I am not expecting a championship, I expect the NBA to have a great year and the Lakers should be a part of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users