Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#202 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,920 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:51 AM

No and the think the notion that Melo of all players would entice Lebron is idiotic.  This isn't the Olympic games lol.  Melo and Lebron essentially play the same exact position but differently.  Another thing is hasnt Melo pretty much proven any foundation built on him is shoddy? LakerNation has crumbled so bad in the last week that we would consider Melo being the key to the next championship run?  Amazing man

I know there's a lot of basketball to be played, and still many deals to be made, but my question to the Nation is whether you guys believe that courting Melo (with plans to bring him in next summer) will be the KEY to the Lakers having any real shot at being able to sign LeBron in 2014. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, July 10, 2013 - 04:51 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#203 SportyIntellectual

SportyIntellectual

Rookie

• 161 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:03 AM

No and the think the notion that Melo of all players would entice Lebron is idiotic.  This isn't the Olympic games lol.  Melo and Lebron essentially play the same exact position but differently.  Another thing is hasnt Melo pretty much proven any foundation built on him is shoddy? LakerNation has crumbled so bad in the last week that we would consider Melo being the key to the next championship run?  Amazing man

Ok then, if not Melo...then who?

I'm taking the position that we have NO chance to get LeBron - regardless of whether Miami wins next summer - unless there's another key piece on his way already.  In other words, I believe the Lakers have to get someone else *before* they can get LeBron as opposed to being able to get LeBron and *then* attract another quality FA. 

#204 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:27 AM

No and the think the notion that Melo of all players would entice Lebron is idiotic. This isn't the Olympic games lol. Melo and Lebron essentially play the same exact position but differently. Another thing is hasnt Melo pretty much proven any foundation built on him is shoddy? LakerNation has crumbled so bad in the last week that we would consider Melo being the key to the next championship run? Amazing man

No one said he would be the "Key" to a championship but if we could get him for 15m a year, that is a no brainer. He's still an elite player.

#205 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,459 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:57 AM

No they do not.

LeBron plays the 3 and can be effective at the 3 and the 4.   Carmelo is most effectively used at the 4.

playing LeBron at the 3 and Carmelo at the 4 is very possible honestly.  This is why he can play with Bosh who stretches the floor from mid range or the three point line while LeBron cuts to the basket and finds ways to dish it to him.  

• 40,416 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 02:04 PM

mqdefault.jpg

yo.

#207 Turbo

Turbo

Rookie

• 97 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 10, 2013 - 02:20 PM

In a D'Antoni offense, Carmelo could play PF ala Shawn Marion. The problem w/ him is that he's a ball-movement stopper.

#208 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,459 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:13 PM

That's why in many plays Melo would be last to touch the ball and usually wide open

#209 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Btw if Kobe takes the vet for just one year (give him more after). We can possibly offer two max contracts apparently. I read this somewhere.

"A roster with James, Anthony, Love and Bryant would be nearly impossible to assemble, but it's mathematically possible by Bryant taking a minimum contract for 2014, a max deal in 2015 and accepting a $10.5 million average over the two seasons."

Via a LATimes article (Eric pincus)

Edited by Ham, July 10, 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#210 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Btw if Kobe takes the vet for just one year (give him more after). We can possibly offer two max contracts apparently. I read this somewhere.

"A roster with James, Anthony, Love and Bryant would be nearly impossible to assemble, but it's mathematically possible by Bryant taking a minimum contract for 2014, a max deal in 2015 and accepting a $10.5 million average over the two seasons."

Via a LATimes article (Eric pincus)

He said we would be able to offer two max contracts plus a player at 16 million a season if Kobe were to take the minimum. 

#211 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,930 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2013 - 03:43 PM

I don't know if Melo would be my first choice, but it definitely isn't a bad one.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#212 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:40 PM

He said we would be able to offer two max contracts plus a player at 16 million a season if Kobe were to take the minimum.

Surely Kobe wouldn't take that much of a cut?

#213 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 03:07 PM

Have a strong feeling Melo might be a Laker next year.  Knicks haven't really upgraded their roster while Chicago gets Derrick Rose back, Brooklyn has gotten better, Indiana is already better & they get Granger back.  Might be no better than a 6 seed out in the East. I think we can get him out of NY,  D'Antoni factor might be interesting.

Edited by MDI, July 11, 2013 - 03:08 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#214 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,903 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 11, 2013 - 03:12 PM

Kobe ain't taking that

#215 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Sorry but I forget to post this video I know I posted the video of Stephen A Smith for 7/9/13 but here is the video from 7/8/13 a day before where Stephen A Smith says Carmelo is gonna be looking to get out of New York

Posted Image

#216 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,294 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:44 PM

isn't love a PF? don't we want to ues melo at the 4?

im down for melo..but we need more fire power

ap1.png

#217 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 24, 2013 - 02:28 PM

LINK

"I Doubt It"
act_carmelo_anthony.jpg
Rumors of LeBron and Melo heading west to team up with Kobe Bryant aren't anything new, and they aren't anything especially feasible or likely, but combining the names "LeBron," "Kobe," "Melo" and "Lakers" makes for the kind of empty-calories conversation people enjoy having regardless of practicality or odds, which is how we wind up with a TMZ cameraman walking down the New York Knicks All-Star outside a Hollywood restaurant for an Earth-shattering "meh."

"I know the upcoming season is coming up — can you see yourself in a purple and gold outfit?" the paparazzo asked, wonderfully.
"Uh, I doubt it," Anthony answered.

Edited by magicbalala245, July 24, 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

• 40,416 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 02:31 PM

^ Again. All PR. What else do you realistically expect them to say right now in time? Would be stupid for them to say otherwise.

yo.

#219 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 24, 2013 - 02:35 PM

LINK

I agree. He's not going to be in purple in gold this upcoming season.

Posted Image

#220 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,459 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 02:36 PM

LINK

Did the guy just seriously ask him if he could see himself in Purple and Gold in this "UPCOMING" season?   :laughing:   Some of these reporters I doubt follow basketball.

I can understand why Carmelo would say "uuuuh.... I doubt it"

lol

Edited by Majesty, July 24, 2013 - 02:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users