8 replies to this topic

#1 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Nine years ago, the Lakers had no choice but to wait. No hints were forthcoming, no tweets to tip them off. The news came more slowly, not minute-by-minute. But the same sense of dread filled the air.

Every indication then pointed toward 25-year-old Kobe Bryant bolting for the younger, fresher Los Angeles Clippers. But there was time then. Enough time for the Lakers to turn him around. And ultimately that's what the Lakers owner at the time, Dr. Jerry Buss, did in a last-minute, face-to-face meeting with his young star.

This time around, with Dr. Buss gone and his son in his place, the Lakers weren't as persuasive. And instead of one last face-to-face meeting, they merely got the word from Dwight Howard when he reached his decision and Twitter quickened the pace of the news. Or maybe they never had a chance to retain Howard anyway.

Whatever the case, he's gone. The once-a-decade superstar the Lakers found a way to trade for, and had ticketed for face-of-the-franchise status, will be wearing red in Houston now.

What does this mean for the Lakers? Does it set them back? Is the mystique gone? Or does Howard's failure to launch in Los Angeles actually strengthen the brand as fans and Laker greats come together to howl that not everyone is worthy of the purple and gold?

The following look at the state of the Lakers and how we got here is based on conversations with many of the principals involved, both during the season and during the past week.|

LOADS MORE IN LINK!

http://espn.go.com/l...-lakers-go-here

This all shows to me Howard was never a true Laker. Like he cried to Nash and Kobe that they didnt back him up over his injury? Are you serious. Howard you are a cry baby and you will never win a championship with that attitude. I am sad we lost such a good player but you will never be great and a true champion. Good riddance. 

Edited by Lakers4Life, July 07, 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#2 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,302 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Yo we can't post full articles anymore :). Like post half of it and then the rest should be linked.

Edited by Jackson, July 07, 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:48 PM

He wanted to be in the spot light of LA and then found out he couldnt handle it. Not surprising its not easy to be a superstar and on the Lakers, takes a certain type of person for that.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,700 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Ponk a double s
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:50 PM

OP sorry, not trying to be a douche, just trying to help you out, but you can't post full articles or more than 50%. It's a very serious offense that was added as a new rule a few months ago:

http://lakernation.c...hind-pay-walls/

You could also post "full article inside link" or if you wanna' read the rest of the article, click the link, etc. I do the first and I know it's not totally necessary, but I do it just in case the people reading the article through here just assume whomever the OP is posted the full thing and don't bother clicking the link as well to read the rest, but again, obviously you don't have to, just a suggestion is all.

Edited by    , July 07, 2013 - 03:51 PM.

yo.

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:02 PM

All I got outta this is that Mike D'Antoni is our head coach

Edited by Windu, July 07, 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,290 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:16 PM

All I got outta this is that Mike D'Antoni is our head coach

and Pau is our center.

#8 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ok thanks Ill edit it now. 

Laker fan for life.

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:56 PM

^ Yes. Save yourself. We value you here.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users