Photo

Jamison to the Clippers?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 03, 2013 - 11:42 AM

And so the Clippers defense can suck more and their interior presence can be even less accounted for.

Seriously why did they hire Doc Rivers if they're gonna get a lineup that fits Mike D'antoni instead?

All these floor spacers(even a CENTER that shoots threes instead of posting up) and NO interior presence....

Seriously what is the Clippers problem?  Did they get the memo that the LAKERS have D'antoni and not them?

May as well switch coaches as they obviously think they are the Los Angeles Suns now.

Edited by Majesty, August 03, 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#22 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,808 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 03, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Doc Rivers has a 5 year deal and a good coach can adjust and utilize the players they have.  This team is nothing like the Suns.

And so the Clippers defense can suck more and their interior presence can be even less accounted for.

Seriously why did they hire Doc Rivers if they're gonna get a lineup that fits Mike D'antoni instead?

All these floor spacers(even a CENTER that shoots threes instead of posting up) and NO interior presence....

Seriously what is the Clippers problem?  Did they get the memo that the LAKERS have D'antoni and not them?

May as well switch coaches as they obviously think they are the Los Angeles Suns now.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#23 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 03:28 PM

Is it just me or does it seem that the Clippers have like unlimited roster spots :laughing:

Edited by Admiral General Aladeen, August 03, 2013 - 03:42 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#24 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,349 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted August 03, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Is it just me or do it seem that the Clippers have like unlimited roster spots :laughing:

I noticed that too lol 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 03, 2013 - 04:05 PM

I thought he was going to charlotte?

let the clippers take him...

he is a total clipper player...

#26 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,331 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 25, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Clippers closing in on a deal with forward Antawn Jamison.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Cool, less defense, and no post presence whatsoever with a coach that coaches defense and likes to attack inside...

Like I said... you'd think THEY had D'antoni and not us.

#28 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,352 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Flippers always gettin the leftovers.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#29 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,331 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 26, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Clippers have agreed to terms with forward Antawn Jamison, a source told Y! Sports.

Jamison will get a one-year deal paying the veteran's minimum. Chicago & Memphis were interested, but LAC have always been his #1 choice.

Antawn Jamison's deal with the Clippers is for one year at the veteran minimum.

Antawn Jamison tells ESPNLA "Just happy to be a Clipper and contend for a championship"

Edited by Lakersfan1211, August 26, 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#30 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,516 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Flippers always gettin the leftovers.

Chris Kaman?

Nick Young?

Steve Blake?

Wanna talk about leftovers???

Debbie Downer

#31 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:16 PM

Chris Kaman?

Nick Young?

Steve Blake?

Wanna talk about leftovers???

Kaman had other options (offered much more money)

Nick Young had other options (offered much more money)

Steve Blake (has been under contract, and the Lakers actually signed him when he was quite valuable)

Edit you comment thanks  :cool2:

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#32 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,349 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:30 PM

Steve Blake (has been under contract, and the Lakers actually signed him when he was quite valuable)

tumblr_lvg5to01fa1qldo7yo1_500.png

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#33 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,516 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Dude, you're digging a hole for yourself.

The players above are all ones that the Clippers traded or let walk.  Not sure about Blake, but Kaman was ticked that he got traded and Young clearly wanted a Clipper contract.  So, you pick- are they :1).  bad players because even the lowly and inept Clipps didn't want them; or 2)  good players that the suddenly astute and competitive Clipps let go because they could do better?

In either event, that still makes them Clippers "leftovers".  

Contrast, Lakers "leftovers" currently on the Clippers roster;

-Jamison.  Most fans here would have taken him back in a hearbeat and he would have gotten ample PT  He will have a hard time getting of the bench over there.

-Barnes.  Rumored to have turned down the Lakers to stay with the Clippers.  Important guy off our bench and theirs.

So ... who has the better "leftovers"?

Debbie Downer

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:49 PM

tumblr_lvg5to01fa1qldo7yo1_500.png

That wasn't THAT badass. I've seen more worthy of the Neil deGrasse Tyson post than that.

yo.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:52 PM

The players above are all ones that the Clippers traded or let walk.  Not sure about Blake, but Kaman was ticked that he got traded and Young clearly wanted a Clipper contract.  So, you pick- are they :1).  bad players because even the lowly and inept Clipps didn't want them; or 2)  good players that the suddenly astute and competitive Clipps let go because they could do better?

-Jamison.  Most fans here would have taken him back in a hearbeat and he would have gotten ample PT  He will have a hard time getting of the bench over there.

-Barnes.  Rumored to have turned down the Lakers to stay with the Clippers.  Important guy off our bench and theirs.

And they all took less money to become Lakers than they would have needed to stay Clippers :bounce:

#36 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Your statement works both ways... Antawn Jamison, Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Ronny Turiaf were also all Lakers once before and look where they ended up? Would I take some of them for veterans minimum... sure why not, but they are still Laker Leftovers whom are all passed their prime.  Nick Young is atleast still worthy of becoming a solid player and Steve Blake is coming off arguably his best season as a Laker.  Personally I'm glad we didn't keep Antawn he had some sparks off the bench every now and then but wasn't consistent enough to be a threat.

Antawn Jamison (couldn't find his niche as a Laker and cannot defend or rebound in the post/perimeter)

Matt Barnes (chucks up open 3's and usually only makes 30% of them on good days)

Nick Young (young, good shooter, tends to be trigger happy but I'd rather see him shoot than Matt Barnes)

Steve Blake (once again, is coming off his best year as a Laker)

Edited by lakers1o1, August 26, 2013 - 03:17 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#37 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,516 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:16 PM

And they all took less money to become Lakers than they would have needed to stay Clippers :bounce:

Majesty, thanks for making the point even better!

Kaman was traded, no contract offered by the Clipps.  They let Young walk.  I think they let Blake walk as well.

Jamison is getting the vet's minimum from the Clippers ...same as the Lakers paid his last year (league picked up part of his $1.4 salary).  I guess he picked which of the two teams he preferred to play for this year?  Barnes came to the Clippers for $1.2m last year, which is less than he made with the Lakers the year before. :bounce:  

Debbie Downer

#38 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:27 PM

Majesty, thanks for making the point even better!

Kaman was traded, no contract offered by the Clipps.  They let Young walk.  I think they let Blake walk as well.

Jamison is getting the vet's minimum from the Clippers ...same as the Lakers paid his last year (league picked up part of his $1.4 salary).  I guess he picked which of the two teams he preferred to play for this year?  Barnes came to the Clippers for $1.2m last year, which is less than he made with the Lakers the year before. :bounce:  

Obviously when you don't perform you're going to be paid less its not rocket science... When Matt Barnes left the Lakers he came off a bad year in which Coach Brown barely even gave him significant minutes and there for left the Lakers for another team.  And as for your Kaman argument, the Clippers traded Kaman and Eric Gordon for Chris Paul... I think any team in the NBA would have done that.... Prior to the trade the Clippers had extended Kaman 5 years giving him (52.5 mil in 5 years) and last season Dallas paid him 8 million.  If my math is correct going from 8 to 1.4 is a pretty drastic cut.

Edited by lakers1o1, August 26, 2013 - 03:27 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#39 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,516 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:30 PM

Your statement works both ways... Antawn Jamison, Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Ronny Turiaf were also all Lakers once before and look where they ended up? Would I take some of them for veterans minimum... sure why not, but they are still Laker Leftovers whom are all passed their prime.  Nick Young is atleast still worthy of becoming a solid player and Steve Blake is coming off arguably his best season as a Laker.  Personally I'm glad we didn't keep Antawn he had some sparks off the bench every now and then but wasn't consistent enough to be a threat.

Antawn Jamison (couldn;t find his biche as a Laker and can't guard any 3 in the league and cannot physically compete against 4s)

Matt Barnes (chucks up open 3's and usually only makes 30% of them on good days)

Nick Young (young, good shooter, tends to be trigger happy but I'd rather see him shoot than Matt Barnes)

Steve Blake (once again, is coming off his best year as a Laker)

Antawn gets a different role with the Clippers, 3rd string.  He was our best bench player last year.  Big difference.

Young ... we will see how you feel about him a couple of months in.

Barnes-  ok, you got me, Young is a better 3p shooter by a bit.  I still very much prefer Barnes, he can actually play defense.  And the Clippers have the shooters this year, dont need to watch Barnes chuck it again.  

Blake ... meh.  Don't think much of his game, he is ok I guess as a backup.  Would you rather have Collison as a backup or Blake?

Turiaf/ Odom etc who cares, they are gone from both teams.

I keep hearing that Young had "better offers".  Can you cite to some sources and numbers?

Debbie Downer

#40 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:36 PM

Antawn gets a different role with the Clippers, 3rd string.  He was our best bench player last year.  Big difference.

Young ... we will see how you feel about him a couple of months in.

Barnes-  ok, you got me, Young is a better 3p shooter by a bit.  I still very much prefer Barnes, he can actually play defense.  And the Clippers have the shooters this year, dont need to watch Barnes chuck it again.  

Blake ... meh.  Don't think much of his game, he is ok I guess as a backup.  Would you rather have Collison as a backup or Blake?

Turiaf/ Odom etc who cares, they are gone from both teams.

I keep hearing that Young had "better offers".  Can you cite to some sources and numbers?

Usually teams and players never cite how much they offered a player unless it was a huge mega star but Nick Young did catch some interesting from the Dallas Mavericks and Sacramento Kings both teams that were well under the cap and would have gave him much more than the vet's minimum I personally believe.

http://www.sbnation....-angeles-lakers

I'm not gonna lie the Clippers have the better team and we'll see how Jamison fits but I still think we have the better leftovers despite Jamison being a tremendous player in previous years.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users