Photo

What are the chances of bringing back 2010 Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 01:15 PM

So I know a lot of people disagree with bringing back old "washed up" and "headcase" players but what other option do we have?  With Dwight leaving and the organization in chaos the handful of people that can really turn it around are Kobe, Mitch, Jeanie, and Phil.  What do you guys believe the chances are of bringing back the (Back 2 Back) Lakers team and maybe adding a few other key pieces.

Lamar Odom - With Kobe's leadership and the relationship Lamar, KB, and Gasol share with Nash at the point Lamars game could be revived and be a good piece off the bench.  I think he joins for vet min.

Sasha Vujacic - Sasha clearly wants to return to LA, with MDA's system possibly being salvaged with the chances of Rambis implementing a new offense Vujacic could be an affecting role player.

Jordan Farmar - Probably wouldn't be affect and better of with Blake in the rotation but who knows maybe his game has evolved over seas and could learn from Nash.

PIPEDREAMS:

Andrew Bynum - Yeah many guys say Drew is a "headcase" or "nutcase" but unlike Dwight, he always gives 100% on the floor and despite is off court antics, he surprisingly is probably the Lakers last hope in this years free agency in my opinon.  Who knows how healthy he is after his injury but I liked him as a Laker.

Nick Young - Another player that man LN members dislike and dissapprove of but can give the bench some offense.  Our bench scores practically nothing and he would give it some life.

Brandan Wright - A bench big duo of Brandan Wright and Jordan Hill would have high energy and heart.  Surprisingly he's flown under the radar and hasn't seemed to gather much interest from many teams.

The last thing I want to see is Kobe's last few years going to waste.  I know some of these ideas may be ridiculous and outlandish but a this point with financial issues burdening the team what other option do we have?

Edited by lakers1o1, July 07, 2013 - 01:33 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#2 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,751 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 07, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Lamar has struggles to stay in shape and motivated. I'm concerned that Sasha and Jordan haven't played an nba game for awhile. Calderon is in Detroit. And I don't think I ever want to see Bynum in a lakers jersey again; he was a friggin head case. If the lakers are going to suck, they don't need Bynum to do that.

#3 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Yes to the first three. And the Fish man, would love him back.

#4 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 804 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 01:29 PM

when lamar is in the right state of mind, he works hard

even off season, when he used to do alot of boxing to keep him in shape

he never came to training camp out of shape

but since the veto, you guys know what happened

but i believe he still got it

#5 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Lamar has struggles to stay in shape and motivated. I'm concerned that Sasha and Jordan haven't played an nba game for awhile. Calderon is in Detroit. And I don't think I ever want to see Bynum in a lakers jersey again; he was a friggin head case. If the lakers are going to suck, they don't need Bynum to do that.

I think Kobe can motivate Lamar and bring him back to a competitive state.  I understand your perspective with Bynum.  As for Calderon he agreed to sign with Dallas for big money..

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#6 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 01:45 PM

100% and Bynum are two things that shouldn't be in the same sentence. You never get 100% from Bynum LMFAO. You people said the opposite when Dwight was here lmfaooo or when we got him.

Edited by Ham, July 07, 2013 - 01:46 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#7 oxygen17

oxygen17

Rookie

• 79 posts
  • Name:gerald
  • Fan Since:my first time seeing the lakers on tv
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:06 PM

if we yeah bring the gang back would you like for dfish to come back as well?

#8 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:06 PM

If I have to take back older team members, the one that can truly serve s purpose right now is Sasha.

The others, not so much.  But from what the word out there is, it looks like the Lakers are indeed looking to bring back both Vujacic and Odom.

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,362 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Would be fun. If anything it would make the season interesting,

#10 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hopefully that means we can run the triangle? :pray: 

#11 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:42 PM

if we yeah bring the gang back would you like for dfish to come back as well?

There's a reason I didn't mention him in the thread.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#12 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,739 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 07, 2013 - 06:36 PM

We can go back a few years further and get some more Laker Greats - like Brian Cook, Smush Parker, Kareem Rush

#13 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yeah, bring back the 2010 Lakers team excluding Luke Walton :luke:  and Derek Fisher :fisher: , rather have those two come back as Lakers assistant Coaches. Lamar Odom :odom: , Shannon Brown :shannon: , Jordan Farmar :farmar: , Sasha Vujacic :sasha:  , Josh Powell :powell: , Didier ILunga-Mbenga :wewanttacos: , try to bring back Trevor Ariza(2008-2009 LakerTeam) we need him. Last but not Least Adam Morrison :morrison: , surprise he did not stick on the Blazer team after playing exceptionally well in Brooklyn Nets/Clippers summer league. He shown that he has found his ammo back. As for Andrew Bynum :bynum: he may be out our price range. Best part is we still have all but Trevor Ariza emoticons still.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users