42 replies to this topic

#41 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,874 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:25 PM

1) Vastly improved post game.
2) Much, much more efficient, taking smarter shots.
3) Doesn't taunt players sitting on the bench (ex. Joakim Noah).
4) Doesn't pretend to snap still pictures of his teammates anymore.
5) Doesn't skip around during games, wear "check my $tats" shirts, or goof around with opponents at the beginning and end of games all the time.

The 2009 LeBron, when he started acting like a spoiled child that was entitled to everything, is a much different player AND person than he is today.

I agree but most of those is like "off the court" type stuff you know? Im talking about what happens on the court itself...his game, his style of play...his jumpshot is still shaky. His post game is good but it fell apart when they put Leonard a stronger player on him. 

I think Howard will mature on/off the court in Houston but hopefully not leaps and bounds where it results in a title...

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 39,369 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Flopping is also a major part of his game now. Not sure it used to be as prominent back then.

yo.

#43 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I agree but most of those is like "off the court" type stuff you know? Im talking about what happens on the court itself...his game, his style of play...his jumpshot is still shaky. His post game is good but it fell apart when they put Leonard a stronger player on him. 

I think Howard will mature on/off the court in Houston but hopefully not leaps and bounds where it results in a title...

Game-wise, LeBron has been dominant since his days in Cleveland, but what turned him into a champion? Two important things: adding a post game, and taking every single loss as if it were a playoff series loss.

Even with Wade and Bosh at 100%, Miami lost to the Mavericks...and part of that was because LeBron believed he was already good enough to win it all. Because of that, he was shut down in the 2011 NBA Finals.

The summer of 2011 changed him...on and off court.

Howard is fine, on-court, in regards to his gameplay. He needs more post moves, but he didn't need many when he led his Magic to the NBA Finals. Much like the younger LeBron, he needed work, despite the dominance.

Howard will now have teammates in Harden and Parsons, and he'll be healthy (likely). He's a post move or two away from contention in the West, immediately, and he'll get that with McHale and Olajuwon...but at that point, he'll need to take the game far more seriously if he wants to win it all. He'll need to know when to defer, how to post up properly, how to speak up and take blame for losses, how to treat opponents like enemies when he's on the court with them, and how to go into every season realizing he (like all others before him, including MJ and Kobe) will never be the perfect player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users