#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Lebron is becoming a Killer. I always give credit where credit is due

There are different ways to win other than being a killer.

LeBron is a winner. But even in Game 6, with his 2 crucial turnovers in the clutch, there is something about LeBron where he plays great as a frontrunner. He is also great as the underdog.

But when he is expected to win but gets punched in the mouth

He turns from Superman to Clark Kent.

#22 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:25 AM

LeBron has definitely changed into a player with a killer instinct. It's a far cry from his Cleveland days. And he has two championship rings to show for it. He was criticized a ridiculous amount his first year in Miami, and that was probably the darkest time of his career after he lost the championship. He took that adversity in stride and came out even better than before to win two championships. LeBron developed an excellent post game along with a vastly improved jumper. You can't force him outside on the perimeter anymore because he will just destroy you with jump shots.

Once Houston gets eliminated in the playoffs next year, Howard's first thought won't be "It's on me, how can I improve and change my game for the team?" It will be along the lines of "Damn man, my teammates aren't who I thought they would be. I wonder if I can get on OKC next year". As long as Dwight remains entrenched in his ways of wanting to become a featured post player needing 40 touches a game, he won't win. His strengths are scoring off of rolls, defense, and rebounding. Howard will always be a weak minded person who is afraid of failure and needs "unconditional love" and coddling. If he wasn't gifted at basketball, he would not have succeeded in the professional world where people actually have to earn what they have. 

#23 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 07, 2013 - 12:09 PM

But when he is expected to win but gets punched in the mouth

He turns from Superman to Clark Kent.

Did you happen to catch Game 7 of the Pacers series this year?  The Heat were supposed to win.  LeBorn was expected to put the team in his shoulders and win.

And he did, in a very aggressive, Jordan-esque fashion.  And he got very little help, expect for some form Wade.

Debbie Downer

#24 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 07, 2013 - 12:17 PM

LeBron won a Game 7 in the NBA Finals and played one of the best games of his life. How can you keep spouting that nonsense about him lacking the killer intangible when he dominated and closed out a team on the biggest stage in his career? He just led his team to back-to-back titles, a feat that only a handful of players have done in NBA history.

He stepped up and closed out the Spurs when his team needed him the most. That's the definition of killer instinct.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,348 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Dwight could have been an all time great, he could have been a basketball icon

Had he let the lakers and Kobe give him everything they had

But he didn't want it, and therefore doesn't deserve it
Posted Image

#26 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:21 PM

@3:57!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#27 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Superstar talent doesn't mean a thing, if you don't have the Championship drive.

Coward's game is built purely on athleticism. He hasn't good footwork, good hands, he's not an exceptionally good passing big man. Name one fundemental basketball skill, Dwight excells at, that isn't based off his athleticism? Certainly not his rebounding, as his positioning sucks. Offensive positioning isn't all that either, as he's rarely in position (usually WAY TOO deep - that's why he get's stripped so much).

As we saw last season... keep Coward on the ground and he becomes mostly inept. He'll give you some numbers, but a game changer? No. Able to lift a team up on his shoulders and carry them... no. He couldn't win a single game against the Spurs. Hell... he couldn't even muster a single truly dominating game against the Spurs. 7 pts, 5 turnovers and an ejection in the Sweep... on our floor.

That's not a superstar. That's a chump.

zombies.jpg

#28 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,827 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Melo doesn't have a killer instinct. Killer instinct means doing anything to win. He is reluctant to play defense and share the ball. Tyson chandler has more of that killer instinct.

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:38 PM

The sad thing is a lot of Laker fans (including some who post here) still take Kobe for granted. They won't truly appreciate and realize what they had until he's definitively gone.

yo.

#30 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Killer instinct Doesn't mean ALL-AAROUND game.

iverson played one side of the ball but he was a KILLER

Melo is a bit too big ,as far as the way he is built, the guard anything but tweener in my book

LeBron is a supreme athlete, he should be able to guard most positions.

As far as share the ball, Bron was damn near BORN with that game, so that' a dumb comparison in my books..

Does Gerald Wallace share the ball? Does Durant get a ton of assists?

Did Dominique or Julius?

to me, to say Melo is not  killer, is saying, ' I don't know basketball that well."

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 05:17 PM

LeBron won a Game 7 in the NBA Finals and played one of the best games of his life. How can you keep spouting that nonsense about him lacking the killer intangible when he dominated and closed out a team on the biggest stage in his career? He just led his team to back-to-back titles, a feat that only a handful of players have done in NBA history.

He stepped up and closed out the Spurs when his team needed him the most. That's the definition of killer instinct.

Look at the whole picture. He joined up a team that was viewed as UNFAIR by 90% of the people who saw what they were doing.

He allowed the Heat to get 1 FT away from losing the NBA title.

i'm not saying he's a CHUMP, but in the terms of GREAt All-Time superstars

Mj,Kobe,Larry Bird are the SURE FIRE KILLERS.

leBron is an all-time great but , i don't put him in that ranking. Many old heads won't do that either.

if you want to , be my guess.

I mean if I looked at numbers, I could say Kobe went 6-24 in a Game 6, he's not clutch. hhe's not a killer, but it's more thannumbers.

are u a different guy when the lights turn up?

the answer for LeBron is yes.

Almost like Shaq. Like, people, always say " Shaq could have had any all-star guard", but we were down 14 in a Game 7 before we went to his first title. He fouled out of Game 4, when the series could have changed for the worse, but Kobe Again, went to the rescue that time.

Wade did some things to keep the Heat in Game 6, when Lebron was not putting his IMPRINT on the game.

that's just an honest assessment

#32 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 07, 2013 - 05:21 PM

The 90s player mentality is gone, welcome to the BFF generation.

#33 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 07, 2013 - 05:21 PM

@3:57!

I remember that game, funny seeing that rant kinda made all the commentary from various people during that season speed up in my mind. Howard was incredibly frustrating.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 07, 2013 - 05:22 PM

Kobe was having a terrible game 7 but when the lights came on in the 4th he started hitting and doc rivers had to call time out. Once the Lakers got that lead, Kobe was never gonna relinquish it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#35 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 07, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Look at the whole picture. He joined up a team that was viewed as UNFAIR by 90% of the people who saw what they were doing.

He allowed the Heat to get 1 FT away from losing the NBA title.

i'm not saying he's a CHUMP, but in the terms of GREAt All-Time superstars

Mj,Kobe,Larry Bird are the SURE FIRE KILLERS.

leBron is an all-time great but , i don't put him in that ranking. Many old heads won't do that either.

if you want to , be my guess.

I mean if I looked at numbers, I could say Kobe went 6-24 in a Game 6, he's not clutch. hhe's not a killer, but it's more thannumbers.

are u a different guy when the lights turn up?

the answer for LeBron is yes.

Almost like Shaq. Like, people, always say " Shaq could have had any all-star guard", but we were down 14 in a Game 7 before we went to his first title. He fouled out of Game 4, when the series could have changed for the worse, but Kobe Again, went to the rescue that time.

Wade did some things to keep the Heat in Game 6, when Lebron was not putting his IMPRINT on the game.

that's just an honest assessment

First point is irrelevant, doesn't mean a damn thing that he joined the Heat. He was a free agent, it was his choice, and he took control of that team from the 2nd season onwards. The Decision was a horrible thing to put fans through, and LeBron got all the flak he deserved, but his choice of leaving the Cavaliers and joining the Heat was his to make. He was clearly the best player on the Heat these last two years, and his focused play is the reason why they became back-to-back champions. Bird and Magic played on some of the most stacked teams in NBA history, but no one bothers to focus on that fact when gushing over their achievements. Nostalgia is blinding at times.

Okay, they got to within one free throw of losing the finals. So we should ignore the fact that he keyed that massive 4th quarter comeback and delivered in Game 7? You can't pick and choose moments like that when determining a player's abilities.

The Heat started the 4th quarter down 10, and then this is what happened:

11:44 - Mario Chalmers hits a three pointer (assist LeBron)

11:06 - LeBron finishes at the rim

10:26 - Mike Miller hits a three pointer (assist LeBron)

09:39 - LeBron catches the feed from Chalmers and finishes inside

08:59 - LeBron drives and scores inside again

07:56 - LeBron drives and finishes again

07:08 - Chris Anderson is fouled by Duncan after LeBron finds him cutting baseline (makes one of two)

06:34 - LeBron scores inside again

05:28 - LeBron splits a pair of free throws, missing the first

04:45 - LeBron scores inside again

00:20 - LeBron sticks a three pointer off the inbounds

The Heat scored 27 points in the 4th quarter. LeBron scored 16 of those himself, and 7 more of those points came as a result of playmaking from the top of the key. Thus he was responsible for 23 of 27 points in the 4th quarter keying their comeback and forcing the OT session which they went on to win. The only reason they were even in position to win that game was because of LeBron's great play down the stretch.

But I guess the lights were too bright, huh? That's why he delivered in the biggest moment of his career then put together an even better performance in Game 7. There is nothing tougher than coming back down double digits with the championship on the line and winning an NBA championship. The Lakers accomplished both in Game 7 in 2010, LeBron needed two games. Both were equally as significant, his performance in the finals 5 quarters of that series was as impressive as anything Kobe had ever done in a Finals series. You can't diminish his accomplishments just because it doesn't fit into some bizarre criteria that you've come up with.

And by the way, Wade wasn't doing much in Game 6 through 3 quarters, ultimately finishing with 14 total and not being much of a factor off ball or on the defensive end of the floor. Wade sat out with a knee issue at the end of the third and didn't check back in until there was 3:48 left on the clock. He went to the bench with the Heat down 65-75, came back with the Heat trailing only 84-87. LeBron put his imprint on that game and delivered with a dominant showing in Game 7.

There's not much more you can ask of the guy, he's done everything he needed to to. It's about time he got his due.

#36 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 07:31 PM

never questioned his abilities. Just watched Man of Steel before writing this.

lebron is Superman. the most powerful being on the planet.

So, let's start at the Heat thing.

boston punched that cavs team in the mouth and at the time EVERY single  NBA analyst said "Where is LeBron?;'

his ENERGY was not there as it had been the entire MVP season he had shown before.

it was gone. It was as if he quit, but I will just say for some reason he played off. Remember the Delonte west rumors and all that.

that's why I brought up him going to the Heat. He failed the Cavs as a leader in 2009 also, when he tried to play like Kobe for some odd reason, instead of allowing Mo Williams to be who he had been all season, he turned him into another Boobie Gibson.

So that's why I have to bring upleaving for the VERY strong minded D Wade, who is a killer, and has that GUT to win, and he has proved it his whiole career.

We saw the first Finals, he was in with the Heat. 4th quarter ot potato. Like, you can never let that go, when you're talking all-time arguments.

Last season, I thought, he did the damn thing, from playoffs to Olympics. Of course, there was the "shoot the damn ball incident ".

this season, he seemed to get that monkey off his back entirely. The LeBron who made it tougher than it had to be was gone.

then Chicago punched in him the mouth and I saw a little of the scared LeBron.

In Indy, I saw the ' i pout on the court, when i don't get calls" LeBron.

Against San Antonio, I saw the, " my teammates are not coming with it, so i am resigned Lto losing" LeBron until LATE 3rd quarter game 6.

you're right as far as LeBron taking over and he was the MAN for his team.

But as a fan of the NBA and all the greats, I can't give LeBron, that "killer" tag. He isn't at the table with MJ,Larry, and Kobe.

And you notice the way Larry and MJ love Kobe.

they respect the hell out of LeBron, but ask them about Mr. bean. that's their guy.

#37 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 07, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Dwight Coward!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#38 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Dwight treats the game like an end to a means. 

The means is in the form of lucrative business deals and endorsements. 

Those business deals and endorsements only comes to the most "talked about" players in the NBA (same is applied to MLB, NFL, NHL). 

Those players are only talked about because of their numbers that they put up during games/seasons.. 

Dwight knows that he has to play on a team that will mask his deficiencies and showcase his talents. 

He has to play on an Orlando Magic 2.0 team with a bunch of 3pt shooters. 

in doing so, he hopes that he be able to put up the numbers that people talk about so that his name will be mentioned once again in the list of "top players in the NBA". 

When he was playing in LA his name slipped from that list because people started to see more of his deficiencies that were masked very well in Orlando.

Personally, I do not think Dwight is a player that you can ride to a championship.  

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#39 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:04 PM

Lebron isnt any different now from back then...his team is stacked enough to absorb his goofups and still win

Have a feeling Houston is headed that way or trying to get there

Edited by MDI, July 07, 2013 - 08:05 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#40 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Lebron isnt any different now from back then...his team is stacked enough to absorb his goofups and still win

1) Vastly improved post game.
2) Much, much more efficient, taking smarter shots.
3) Doesn't taunt players sitting on the bench (ex. Joakim Noah).
4) Doesn't pretend to snap still pictures of his teammates anymore.
5) Doesn't skip around during games, wear "check my $tats" shirts, or goof around with opponents at the beginning and end of games all the time.

The 2009 LeBron, when he started acting like a spoiled child that was entitled to everything, is a much different player AND person than he is today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users