Photo

Bill Simmons & Jalen Rose Preview OKC Season (Pg. 3); What Is OKC Doing?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Seriously. They lose Harden, lose K-Mart, & then they lose out on Dorell Wright (who would've been a downgrade also imo from K-Mart). Not to mention the guy they picked up in the draft. That kid does not look impressive at all. Total project to the fullest it seems.

I understand Mr. Presti's a well-respected man and for good reason, but lately, I think it's more than fair to question what the heck they've been doing over there or not.

Can't imagine Durant & Westbrook being all too thrilled right now, especially KD. I guess if there's a good that can come out of this it would be that we can all desperately hope that things go bad enough over there to make Durant and or Westbrook grow frustrated enough to have at least one of them if not both want to leave.

Edited by    , October 27, 2013 - 01:22 AM.

yo.

#2 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:40 PM

They are a moneyball franchise. In that sense, not picking up FA's in a relatively weak FA class might make sense to their F/O

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,878 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Not doing any worst than us though.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:43 PM

They are a moneyball franchise. In that sense, not picking up FA's in a relatively weak FA class might make sense to their F/O

That's nice & all, but how do you think that makes Durant & Westbrook feel, who probably wanna' win now, especially Durant? Not only are you basically settling and to some extent conceding potential championship runs, but at the same time, you're also wasting away precious years of both of these guys' primes.

yo.

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:49 PM

You can't be successful every off-season.   

Lakers are proving that right now. 

OKC will be okay, but they are about a 3rd/4th seed right now.  But who knows, people forget that Durant/Westbrook are barely turning 25 years old this upcoming season.  Their window is not close to be shut. 

#6 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,137 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:56 PM

What are the Lakers doing would be my question

Posted Image

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,237 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:00 PM

I think OKC is perfectly happy with just having Durant and harden. The rest of the team I think doesn't matter to much to them. There fan base is still very strong and they will always be in the top four with those guys. Problem is OKC is never going to spend the extra buck to win it all. We saw that with them getting rid of harden which I still think was the dumbest thing that franchise has ever done and will ever do.

Right now I think warriors are the top dogs in the western conference. They showed they are a really good team and now with iggy their defense is gonna get much better. This being if curry doesn't get hurt again. 

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,237 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:01 PM

What are the Lakers doing would be my question

What can they do. They have no tradable assets and are way pass the cap line. Best thing they can do is cut costs and hope for a decent pick and a good FA in 2014.

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Right now I think warriors are the top dogs in the western conference. They showed they are a really good team and now with iggy their defense is gonna get much better. This being if curry doesn't get hurt again. 

They could be potentially, but it's definitely no lock. I mean they just lost Jarrett Jack & Carl Landry as well who were big parts of their success last season and overall depth. They're still looking to move Bogut and they already lost other guys that were less significant, but still (RJ, Biedrins, Rush).

Curry

Thompson / Kent Bazemore

Iggy / Harrison Barnes

Lee / Draymond Green

Festus Ezeli

That's not that deep and considering how injury prone Curry (as you mentioned) & David Lee can be, even worse.

yo.

#10 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,237 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:06 PM

They could be potentially, but it's definitely no lock. I mean they just lost Jarrett Jack & Carl Landry as well who were big parts of their success last season and overall depth. They're still looking to move Bogut and they already lost other guys that were less significant, but still (RJ, Biedrins, Rush).

Curry

Thompson / Kent Bazemore

Iggy / Harrison Barnes

Lee / Draymond Green

Festus Ezeli

That's not that deep and considering how injury prone Curry (as you mentioned) & David Lee can be, even worse.

Its all gonna depend on injures with that team. They could dominate and be first seed or they could be fighting for 8th with tons of injurys like we were last season. 

If not the warriors look for OKC to take back the reins of the western champs or even possibly...the clippers.

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:09 PM

What can they do.

Lower ticket prices.

yo.

#12 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,237 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Lower ticket prices.

Maybe I will finally be able to see kobe play in person. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:14 PM

^ I'd be shocked if they did eventhough morally it'd no question be the right thing to do considering the overall product they'll be putting on the floor next season.

yo.

#14 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Isn't Thabo a FA right now?

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#15 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:16 PM

Curry

Thompson / Kent Bazemore

Iggy / Harrison Barnes

Lee / Draymond Green

Festus Ezeli

I don't think they're still looking to move Bogut anymore with the Dwight thing done. Even if they did get rid of Bogut they'd be getting something in return lol so the roster's not just going to look like that anyway. Losing Landry and Jack is definitely tough for them but Barnes and Draymond (and Ezeli) off the bench is actually a pretty solid second team. What I've been hearing is that Thompson might be moved, but I don't know about that either.

As for the Thunder, I don't know what's going on really either, it's a shame because they were on the cusp of winning imo, and they've just had a bad past two offseasons. Not too late for them to recover later on as long as Durant stays.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:21 PM

You can't be successful every off-season.   

Lakers are proving that right now. 

OKC will be okay, but they are about a 3rd/4th seed right now.  But who knows, people forget that Durant/Westbrook are barely turning 25 years old this upcoming season.  Their window is not close to be shut. 

How long before Westbrook is back? Now that they don't have Martin either Durant may need to be more of a point forward again. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:23 PM

I genuinely feel bad for KD though cause I think he truly wants to win, but it's tough cause he probably doesn't wanna' speak up too much and risk looking like "the bad guy". He's got a squeaky clean image as it is and he might not wanna' jeopardize that, who knows?

At the same time though, I am guilty of having that glimmer of hope that things ultimately don't work out there the way he wants causing him to grow disgruntled enough and pipe dream can eventually end up a Laker.

yo.

#18 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,298 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2013 - 11:15 PM

They're getting prepared to be a giant disappointment next season.

#19 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,632 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for starting this topic. I'm surprised we haven't heard much about this. Obviously they're going to be great next season since they have Durant and Westbrook. They're just not going to be scary anymore. 

#20 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,698 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 11:57 PM

Is Fisher still with Oklahoma City?

MMiRi9s.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users