19 replies to this topic

#1 GirlGirl

GirlGirl

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Shaq

Posted July 06, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Give credit to Orlando for winning the 4 team trade, I never thought it would happen but it happened

#2 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 05:34 PM

They won, but the Lakers didn't really lose either. All they gave up was Bynum and a protected first rounder in 2017.

If the Lakers had kept Bynum, they would be in the same situation. No way they should commit to Bynum with his injury history.

Posted Image

#3 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,036 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Bynum is gone.

That's all I care about.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,053 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:26 PM

They didn't win. They finished with one of the worst records in the league and didn't even get the number one pick. How's that "winning"?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#5 GirlGirl

GirlGirl

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:37 PM

They didn't win. They finished with one of the worst records in the league and didn't even get the number one pick. How's that "winning"?

Denver-Andre left
Lakers-Dwight left
76ers-Andrew never played a game for the 76ers

Automatic winners=Magic

Edited by GirlGirl, July 06, 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#6 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:46 PM

They won, but the Lakers didn't really lose either. All they gave up was Bynum and a protected first rounder in 2017.

If the Lakers had kept Bynum, they would be in the same situation. No way they should commit to Bynum with his injury history.

We lost the best center in the league and our future. I know a lot of us hate Dwight now, but come on. We let out franchise player escape. We lost. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#7 GirlGirl

GirlGirl

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:47 PM

True but trading for a rental player was a big risk and they lost though but yeah at least Dwight played and that is something that Andrew could not even do for the 76ers

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Tough to call a team who finished with the worst record in the league "winners" of anything.

Just because they still have their pieces doesn't make them winners. Personally, I don't think any team came out as winners.

#9 GirlGirl

GirlGirl

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Tough to call a team who finished with the worst record in the league "winners" of anything.
Just because they still have their pieces doesn't make them winners. Personally, I don't think any team came out as winners.

At least they kept their pieces and Lakers and Nuggets could not so Magic are the winners

As for the 76ers, at least they kept Andrew but he never played a game for them and the Magic players they got from the trade played for the Magic all season so the Magic are automatic winners

#10 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:57 PM

We lost the best center in the league and our future. I know a lot of us hate Dwight now, but come on. We let out franchise player escape. We lost. 

What did the Lakers give up for him though? Somebody who wouldn't have played another minute for the Lakers.

Posted Image

#11 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:58 PM

What did the Lakers give up for him though? Somebody who wouldn't have played another minute for the Lakers.

Josh McRoberts bro. You remember him? That dude was suppose to carry the throne from Kobe.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 07:09 PM

At least they kept their pieces and Lakers and Nuggets could not so Magic are the winners

As for the 76ers, at least they kept Andrew but he never played a game for them and the Magic players they got from the trade played for the Magic all season so the Magic are automatic winners

Nope. Can't be winners with the worse record in the league.

#13 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 06, 2013 - 07:54 PM

Nope. Can't be winners with the worse record in the league.

Not immediately, but they have a young team with a lot of potential now. They still have more picks for the years coming up. It's a vast improvement over the years of having bloated salaries and fading players such as Turkoglu preventing any moves. Oladipo, Harkless, Harris, Vucevic, etc. are solid. Considering Denver and LA were left empty handed, and Philadelphia is about to be, Orlando is the CLEAR winner of the trade. Just because they had a bad record doesn't mean they lost. They set themselves up very nicely for the future.

#14 GirlGirl

GirlGirl

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Not immediately, but they have a young team with a lot of potential now. They still have more picks for the years coming up. It's a vast improvement over the years of having bloated salaries and fading players such as Turkoglu preventing any moves. Oladipo, Harkless, Harris, Vucevic, etc. are solid. Considering Denver and LA were left empty handed, and Philadelphia is about to be, Orlando is the CLEAR winner of the trade. Just because they had a bad record doesn't mean they lost. They set themselves up very nicely for the future.

Thank you! That is exactly why the Magic are the winners

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:13 PM

It has to RESULT in something. They can have all the picks in the world but if nothing comes from it and they stay at the bottom of the NBA standings year after year, can we say they are the winners?

It's very premature to say they are the winners IMO. But to each their own.

#16 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,510 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:14 PM

The Pau trade looked very one sided for a long time.  Not any more.  Time will tell whether/ how much Orlando "won".  If they screw up the picks, then they waste the "win".  If they strike gold, they will look like geniuses.

Upcoming picks:

2014  2 first rounders in a very deep draft

2015  1 first round, 2 second round

2016  2 first rounders, 1 second rounder

2017 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder

SEVEN first round picks in the next 4 years, wow!

Debbie Downer

#17 GirlGirl

GirlGirl

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:25 PM

The Pau trade looked very one sided for a long time.  Not any more.  Time will tell whether/ how much Orlando "won".  If they screw up the picks, then they waste the "win".  If they strike gold, they will look like geniuses.

Upcoming picks:
2014  2 first rounders in a very deep draft
2015  1 first round, 2 second round
2016  2 first rounders, 1 second rounder
2017 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder

SEVEN first round picks in the next 4 years, wow!

If they hit on their picks, I would not be surprised if Orlando goes back to championship contenders soon

#18 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,053 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Denver-Andre left
Lakers-Dwight left
76ers-Andrew never played a game for the 76ers

Automatic winners=Magic

Kept all their star pieces that lead them to the worst record in the league and no number 1 draft pick.

Again, how's that winning?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#19 GirlGirl

GirlGirl

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:21 PM

Kept all their star pieces that lead them to the worst record in the league and no number 1 draft pick.
Again, how's that winning?

Missing the #1 draft does not even matter if Victor Oladipo is playing well

I respect your opinion so I am not going to start an argument about it so I am out

Edited by GirlGirl, July 06, 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#20 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2013 - 11:13 PM

The Lakers got to shed Bynum, that trumps everything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users