Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,283 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 11, 2013 - 03:25 PM

to busy fighting the papparazi

Edited by Miggs, July 11, 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#203 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 04:11 PM

to busy fighting the papparazi

That would work in the Lakers advantage and a disadvantage for him because team might be scared to see him because of his drama.

#204 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,600 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 11, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Now with Metta gone this has to happen...

Rather have LO than Maggette

#205 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 04:49 PM

He just brings so much negative energy these days, he fits well with Pau/Kobe but hes such a nag and fussy dude. Really dont want him

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#206 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,168 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 11, 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think the negative attitude is just because he hasn't played for who he's wanted to play for. He wants to be a laker. I believe he will feel better emotionally with the lakers. He won't be the old Lamar but as long as he produces I'm fine with it. Would rather have Brandon wright tho.

#207 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,646 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Lamar Odom is weighing whether to sign with the Lakers or Clippers on a one-year, $1.4 million contract.

Come home, LO.

iyjywo.jpg

• 40,494 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Here's more from that incident that wasn't shown initially. Man I hate the TMZ announcer dude, so irritating, does anyone like him?

If he picks the Clippers it won't be because he's doing what he really wants in his heart, but purely still out of spite & disappointment from his departure with us.

yo.

• 40,494 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:11 PM

Any updates?

yo.

#210 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,239 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:38 PM

nope

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#211 lakerknowledge

lakerknowledge

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hello Laker Nation...first post.

Been following Odom signing.   Anyone know anything about this Las Vegas reporter?  Think he is legit?

David Benjamin @thetoyman1

Had a nice talk with Lakers owner Jim Buss at half time of today's Lakers/Clippers NBA Summer League Game. NO Lamar Odom; but good pickups.

https://twitter.com/...954536709079042

From Magic to Kobe and Ceballos in between...

www.facebook.com/lakersallin

#212 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,364 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Has more.

@24_Roni He wouldn't give me a "straight" answer?? He says they just need 2 more wing type players and the roster is done.

@K675s @LakersNation He told me MDA BETTER than WE all believe. I told him D'Antoni has NEVER won anything; and I don't think he liked that.

@EarringsbyKSJ He wouldn't give me answer. Maybe he doesn't like him. Jim Buss is a tough guy to figure out. We talked more about his dad.

@The_Jay_Dawg Mostly his dad; who I knew very well. Then new roster; & 2014-15. He wouldn't commit to any player; because of tampering rules

@JusCallmeBeeJay All he would say is don't expect it to happen. Looking at his body language; I don't think HE wants him back.

@K675s @LakersNation That's Y I'm not a big Jim Buss fan.

@The_Jay_Dawg I worked for the Lakers in 79 as ballboy. Been a reporter/producer for 30yrs in TV/Radio in LA and Vegas.

@jonadane He's a nice man; but I don't think he is as smart as his father. D'Antoni was HIS push; and his dad approved on his death bed.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#213 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,853 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Not sure if legit or not, but not really any breaking news there

#214 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,898 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 16, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Just sounds like a Jim Buss hater. Seems Jim wouldn't give him an answer.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#215 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 02:21 PM

The more I hear about Jim Buss, the more I lose faith in our future. He seems like a constant obstacle for the Lakers to get back on track. We're literally questionable to get out of the first round until 2014 and 2015 -- that's five years of mediocrity and five years of not being able to being considered contenders.

Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

#216 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 02:30 PM

The more I hear about Jim Buss, the more I lose faith in our future. He seems like a constant obstacle for the Lakers to get back on track. We're literally questionable to get out of the first round until 2014 and 2015 -- that's five years of mediocrity and five years of not being able to being considered contenders.

Jim Buss and Mitch got us Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash in two back to back off seasons.   They got us Earl Clark, and Jordan Hill as well as Jodie Meeks which on paper is a strong bench.

Then in this off-season when we were armed only with the mMLE and endless vets minimums they got us Chris Kaman for the mMLE and Nick Young, Wesley Johnson and Jordan Farmar for the vets minimum.

Honestly the more I watch Mitch and Jim work the more faith I have in them, the only mistake I can count is not bringing in Phil but according to the recent reports on D'antoni's system being mainly for Dwight and how he could navigate pick and rolls and then reading about how Dwight refused to run pick and rolls or commit to them with Nash or with Kobe something tells me nothing would have satisfied the guy even if it came down to playing pick and roll which he was most effective at cause of what other people(like Shaq) said about him being one dimensional.

Seeing what Mitch and Jim have pulled off this off-season and how they are building the team in the midst of the whole Dwight Howard fiasco I give them FULL credit and applause cause I nor anyone else likely could have seen this coming.

#217 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 16, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Jim Buss and Mitch got us Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash in two back to back off seasons.   They got us Earl Clark, and Jordan Hill as well as Jodie Meeks which on paper is a strong bench.

Then in this off-season when we were armed only with the mMLE and endless vets minimums they got us Chris Kaman for the mMLE and Nick Young, Wesley Johnson and Jordan Farmar for the vets minimum.

Honestly the more I watch Mitch and Jim work the more faith I have in them, the only mistake I can count is not bringing in Phil but according to the recent reports on D'antoni's system being mainly for Dwight and how he could navigate pick and rolls and then reading about how Dwight refused to run pick and rolls or commit to them with Nash or with Kobe something tells me nothing would have satisfied the guy even if it came down to playing pick and roll which he was most effective at cause of what other people(like Shaq) said about him being one dimensional.

Seeing what Mitch and Jim have pulled off this off-season and how they are building the team in the midst of the whole Dwight Howard fiasco I give them FULL credit and applause cause I nor anyone else likely could have seen this coming.

Cant help but agree with you, I also think that this is the moment that's going to mark Jim Buss forever, how we recover from the Dwightmare and how quickly we go back to being contenders, and not only that, how quickly he gets a banner hanged up from the rafters, because we all know that's what we're all about, this isn't Clipper Nation.

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#218 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Question, if Jim Buss doesn't want LO back.... Then why would they reach out to him in the first place?

#219 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Question, if Jim Buss doesn't want LO back.... Then why would they reach out to him in the first place?

A new season of Punk'd.

via a Chris Broussard source.

#220 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,982 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 06:23 PM

Free agent 7-footer Byron Mullens is nearing agreement on a two-year deal with the Clippers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Clips giving up on LO now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users