#1 Anansi1171

Anansi1171

Rookie

• 122 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:20 PM

http://www.hoopsworl...on-rondo-is-now

If Rondo is on the block and you have to believe he is, the Lakers have to trade for Rondo.

Granted, it's risky! As much of a head case as he is, he would mesh with Kobe. No doubt, he would love to be a Laker.

He and Kobe could take their time in rehabbing this year - and that would lend value to what Ainge wants - the pick.

Kobe can work on his shooting and free-throws. Whatever his explosiveness after injury, he is an elite perimeter defender and gives us that where we need it most.

Whatever his shooting woes, he is an elite playmaker in PnR - one of the best this side of CP3.

Its a much surer bet than any tank for a draft pick that would yield a player who will not be ready for contention in 2015 and beyond.

He is the kind of piece that would make the team attractive for one-two more pieces (an elite wing) and another supporting near-max player(a big).

And he is getable. Now and in the near future. 

Steve Blake and the 2014 1st for Rondo!

#2 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Myself personally don't want Rondo, more importantly since it involves the 2014 pick. Haven't drafted player in the first round since Javaris Crittenton and Andrew Bynum, I would like to get a rookie that can be molded into Superstar or at best a decent role player. We just have deal with a mediocre season this year. Rondo getting paid 13,000,000 in 2014 no thanks. On the other hand, Celtics fan have been wanting to trade Rondo for Demarcus Cousin that is one player I may let the pick go for. DMC still young and Shaq plans to mentor Cousin. Also, in 2014 we probably can get John Wall and pair him up with his Kentucky teammate. Pg and Center set for the future.

Edited by Jee, July 06, 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#3 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,260 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:47 PM

No.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,364 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:53 PM

AQV9L.gif

yo.

#5 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 09, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Nash is 38 years old and done! His passing lanes get cut off by longer more athletic point guards because his speed is lacking... There will always be room in the NBA for bigger point guards because even after the speed is gone, they still have their size (Payton, Kidd, Stockton, Harper). Wall is 6'5 and is working with Gary Payton as we speak! Iguodala would have been great to put along side Kobe also at the small forward position. He could have helped out alot for defensive and athletic deficiencies we have. We still need a big man beside Pau. Chris Kaman might be a tough enough body but we have to see. My ideal starting 5 would be

Wall

Bryant

Iguodala

Gasol

Kaman

Iguodala is with the warriors now so finding a guy that is athletic, can shoot and plays exceptional defense is what should be in mind plus speed at the guard position off the bench like we used to have in Farmer, Brown and sasha.

This is a Phil type team(Athletic and defensive minds that can play in a system) and even D'antoni can win with this team because its athletic and fast at the point guard position.

#6 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,096 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:26 AM

Haha, no way this happens.

I4FjQN3.jpg

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,464 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 09, 2013 - 08:06 PM

2lctik4jpg.gif

#8 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Myself personally don't want Rondo, more importantly since it involves the 2014 pick. Haven't drafted player in the first round since Javaris Crittenton and Andrew Bynum, I would like to get a rookie that can be molded into Superstar or at best a decent role player. We just have deal with a mediocre season this year. Rondo getting paid 13,000,000 in 2014 no thanks. On the other hand, Celtics fan have been wanting to trade Rondo for Demarcus Cousin that is one player I may let the pick go for. DMC still young and Shaq plans to mentor Cousin. Also, in 2014 we probably can get John Wall and pair him up with his Kentucky teammate. Pg and Center set for the future.

I like the way you thinking! Match Cousins beside Gasol and 6'5 Wall in the backcourt with Kobe... And athletic defensive beast at the small forward spot plus a little changes here and there to the bench and then we can compete with OKC and San Anton! I can see Cousins getting the best of D12 coward

#9 KSOR24

KSOR24

Rookie

• 602 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 11:13 AM

Are you guys stupid? Rondo is arguably the best point guard in the league and has 2 years left on his contract and you really think the best the Celtics can get for him is a mid round 2014 pick? Lol pull your heads out of your asses that wouldn't happen in a million years.

#10 KSOR24

KSOR24

Rookie

• 602 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 11:18 AM

I like the way you thinking! Match Cousins beside Gasol and 6'5 Wall in the backcourt with Kobe... And athletic defensive beast at the small forward spot plus a little changes here and there to the bench and then we can compete with OKC and San Anton! I can see Cousins getting the best of D12 coward

Lol you do realize that Cousins and Wall and restricted free agents right. No way in hell Washington doeant match any offer though with Cousins there is a chance. And are you really that ignorant to call Howard a coward? All he did was make a grown man decision and walk away from a franchise in turmoil. When the Lakers first got Dwight you guys were all over his nuts and now look at you. Even coming off of back surgery he still played like the best center in the league.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,312 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 21, 2013 - 11:55 PM

Lol you do realize that Cousins and Wall and restricted free agents right. No way in hell Washington doeant match any offer though with Cousins there is a chance. And are you really that ignorant to call Howard a coward? All he did was make a grown man decision and walk away from a franchise in turmoil. When the Lakers first got Dwight you guys were all over his nuts and now look at you. Even coming off of back surgery he still played like the best center in the league.

Coward perhaps isn't the right word, and i dont know what word i would use about him. Some words would be mentally weak, selfish, disinterested, indecisive, third option, defensive beast, offensive and mental midget. 

When Kobe said to Howard that he could be "their Tyson Chandler" Howard was offended, but in reality Kobe hit the nail on the head. If we had 2011 Tyson Chandler, we'd been a lot better off than 2013 Dwight Howard.  

Back to the subject:

Rajon Rondo would be a nice guy to have, but I’m not sure if we can get him and I’m not sure if I’d want to give up a pick in next year’s draft either.

It also depends on who we hope to get next season. Rondo would be perfect if we had Melo, who needs to be contained, but redundant if we managed to land Lebron.

Personally, I think we should go ahead with what we have and see what happens during the season.

#12 KSOR24

KSOR24

Rookie

• 602 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:57 AM

Coward perhaps isn't the right word, and i dont know what word i would use about him. Some words would be mentally weak, selfish, disinterested, indecisive, third option, defensive beast, offensive and mental midget. 

When Kobe said to Howard that he could be "their Tyson Chandler" Howard was offended, but in reality Kobe hit the nail on the head. If we had 2011 Tyson Chandler, we'd been a lot better off than 2013 Dwight Howard.  

Back to the subject:

Rajon Rondo would be a nice guy to have, but I’m not sure if we can get him and I’m not sure if I’d want to give up a pick in next year’s draft either.

It also depends on who we hope to get next season. Rondo would be perfect if we had Melo, who needs to be contained, but redundant if we managed to land Lebron.

Personally, I think we should go ahead with what we have and see what happens during the season.

You're delusional. How on earth is Howard mentally weak or even selfish? He saw that Houston was a better fit and had a better chance at contending for a championship so he left, that's all. And indecisive? You can blame the media for that, because it only took Dwight a few days to make up his mind and ESPN made up bull[expletive] reports about him changing his mind, everybody knew he was going to Houston from the start but they just tried to make something out of nothing (him going back to LA to tell Mitch he would be leaving). And please don't compare Dwight Howard to the one sided Tyson Chandler who has no offensive game whatsoever. Say what you want about Dwight but how many guys coming off of back surgery can average 17 points, be the leading rebounder in the league, and still have a monster year defensively? Don't believe me, look up the advanced defensive stats. The Lakers would not have been better off with 2011 Chandler, in fact they would be worse off because they would lose a 17 point per game scorer for virtually the same defensive player, not to mention Dwight is a better rebounder. I guess once he leaves the Lakers he seizes to be the best center in the league but rather a "offensive and mental midget". Lol grow up, you're just salty that he left and are now taking shots at his integrity, I think you're the one who's mentally weak.  

#13 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,843 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:46 PM

im pretty sure the lakers cannot trade their 2014 pick.

since they traded their 2013 and 2015 picks for nash...

and teams are not allowed to trade consecutive 1st round picks.. (Thank you joe smith)

#14 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,336 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted August 11, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Who says our first round pick would be good enough for Boston. I see us as a 5th or 6th seed this year

#15 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,407 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 24, 2013 - 03:27 PM

The Lakers can't actually trade that pick until after the player is drafted due to already trading the 2013 pick.  2nd off I'm certain the price tag will be high on Rondo.  If the player is in the top 7 or so I'd pass and take the new talent.  LA has to at some point groom its own guys. We can find a new star or fringe star like Paul George out there with the right scouting

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#16 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,336 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted May 03, 2014 - 03:55 AM

Would love to see us get Rondo and Tyson Chandler. De fense Clap Clap De fense Clap Clap. Don't worry about scoring, Swaggy P, Xavier and the Mamba will handle that

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 03, 2014 - 06:09 PM

No

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#18 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 962 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime

Posted May 04, 2014 - 05:28 PM

I love Rondo but I'd rather pick a young guy this year with a chance of him being the face of the franchise for the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users