Dwight will have the same problems in Houston

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:40 AM

Now that we're through with the "Dwight-mare," I think we'll eventually see some of the same problems in Houston that we did everywhere else. This guy has had issues on every team he's been on, and I don't expect that to change. At some point, you have to stop talking about the issues on the other teams, and have to start talking about the fact that all those issues always happen to occur on teams that he's currently on.

First of all, McHale might as well look for something to do at the end of the year, because if they don't play well, he'll be yet another coach who bites the dust trying to coach this clown. Plus, with all due respect, I see McHale as a very average coach, at best.

Next, I expect some issues with Howard and some of the players. I see he and Harden as two players who can easily clash - Just wait 'till they lose a few games that they shouldn't, and we'll all be able to get out our popcorn, and watch the "Dwight-mare" happen somewhere else. I also look at that team as a team who loves to shoot three's, run pick and rolls, etc. They're style of play is no better for him than the Lakers style of play was. I STILL think he's going to [expletive] and whine about not getting the ball enough.

Houston will get to witness his average post game. If he's not being spoon-fed, the guy has some problems, and his touch is not soft at all. I fully expect the Rockets to lose 6-10 games just on his free throws alone. We'll probably see games where they lose by 4 or 5 points, where he goes something like 8/22 from the line.

Obviously, he's a great player, but if you look around a little bit at other team's forums, they're all glad this is over because they don't feel he deserves all this attention/hype. I think there will be much, much less drama on the Lakers next year - most of that came from Dwight. I also think that we'll do better than people expect. The lowered expectations will help us.

#2 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:51 AM

All I know is Kobe and Dwight on the same All Star team..... awkward !!!!!

#3 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:59 AM

Do you think that dude #12 is the first to complain about touches?? Magic said Kareem and Worthy did, at one point Duncan did, At some point we all need to admit this made sense for #12 and 2 or 3 years from now it will make sense for us too

Now that we're through with the "Dwight-mare," I think we'll eventually see some of the same problems in Houston that we did everywhere else. This guy has had issues on every team he's been on, and I don't expect that to change. At some point, you have to stop talking about the issues on the other teams, and have to start talking about the fact that all those issues always happen to occur on teams that he's currently on.

First of all, McHale might as well look for something to do at the end of the year, because if they don't play well, he'll be yet another coach who bites the dust trying to coach this clown. Plus, with all due respect, I see McHale as a very average coach, at best.

Next, I expect some issues with Howard and some of the players. I see he and Harden as two players who can easily clash - Just wait 'till they lose a few games that they shouldn't, and we'll all be able to get out our popcorn, and watch the "Dwight-mare" happen somewhere else. I also look at that team as a team who loves to shoot three's, run pick and rolls, etc. They're style of play is no better for him than the Lakers style of play was. I STILL think he's going to [expletive] and whine about not getting the ball enough.

Houston will get to witness his average post game. If he's not being spoon-fed, the guy has some problems, and his touch is not soft at all. I fully expect the Rockets to lose 6-10 games just on his free throws alone. We'll probably see games where they lose by 4 or 5 points, where he goes something like 8/22 from the line.

Obviously, he's a great player, but if you look around a little bit at other team's forums, they're all glad this is over because they don't feel he deserves all this attention/hype. I think there will be much, much less drama on the Lakers next year - most of that came from Dwight. I also think that we'll do better than people expect. The lowered expectations will help us.

#4 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:49 AM

No he won't he only had problems here cause we had a retarded coach that ruined our chances

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:55 AM

Does Houston have MDA?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:04 AM

No he really wont have the same problems. Including himself the majority of Houston's core will be healthy. That alleviates many of the "same" problems the LAL experienced. No doubt there will be a few new problems they will work through though.

#7 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Besides questioning his heart and ability to lead a team, I sort of like Dwight's "problems".  20/10 guy (with a coach who doesn't know how to use him no less) with multiple DPOYs.  If we didnt need him then there must be more guys like him on the market we can snag, no?

We are now officially the Knicks circa 2000 ... irrelevant  but clueless that we are irrelevant.  The sooner we acknowledge it the faster we can fix it.

#8 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:11 AM

Who cares what he does now. ITs irrelevant to LAkers

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:28 AM

We are now officially the Knicks circa 2000 ... irrelevant  but clueless that we are irrelevant.  The sooner we acknowledge it the faster we can fix it.

Perfectly stated. Only you should have phrased it like Yoda so I could give you FORCE KNOWLEDGE PROPS!
"The Knicks of 2000 officially we are. Irrelevant but clueless are we. Faster acknowledge this and sooner fix it we will"

I might make that my sig line....lol

Edited by LakersGAFan, July 06, 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hes gonna play better there because he's gonna be healthier, he'll have more continuity and he'll feel less pressure...but I dont think that will translate to deeper player runs. But I think he'll play better there in 2013/2014 than he did here in LA in 2012/2013

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Younger, better team, no MDA, Kevin McHale, less pressure, franchise that's willing to work with him...

I think he'll be alright. It's Lakers fans that need to be worried. 

Edited by hotpocket, July 06, 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Dwight plays better when hes happy & hes happy when hes not being pressured. Vicious cycle. Doesnt work in LA. Works in Houston unforunatley

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,111 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:02 AM

A happy Dwight won't translate into rings though. Sure Mchale was an elite post player. Dwight trains with Hakeem multiple summers. What progression have we seen in his game. Not much. He'll be 28 this upcomh year and he's yet to have a season where he averages 24 points. Idk. Good luck to Dwight when many possessions involve harden just pulling up for three after three

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:04 AM

A happy Dwight won't translate into rings though. Sure Mchale was an elite post player. Dwight trains with Hakeem multiple summers. What progression have we seen in his game. Not much. He'll be 28 this upcomh year and he's yet to have a season where he averages 24 points. Idk. Good luck to Dwight when many possessions involve harden just pulling up for three after three

it may not translate into rings but he will play better than he did here in LA thats for sure.

Im talking about just for 2013/2014 by the way. I dont know past that. If he had stayed 2014 and beyond it would be Lakers > Houston but he didnt it past the coming year. Dumb

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,111 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Yeah a healthy Dwight will play better. I just look at Houston's roster and I don't see anything there but parsons harden and Dwight. Oh and if they get smoove lol just watch that tremendous floor spacing.

#16 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Dwight will be back to Dwight. Don't fool yourselves. He'll be much better than he was in LA mainly because he'll be closer to 100%

Having said that, he's gone, there is nothing we can do.

Maybe the lakers can get a better franchise player than Howard. It may take a whole but the potential guys exist

Wiggins, Parker, smart, Anthony Davis

These guys are possibles down the road, or someone we don't know of yet
Posted Image

#17 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Kevin McHale is a great coach...

James Harden is a great, unselfish player...

Dwight will be healthier.

He won't have the same problems...and HOU won't have a problem recruiting players to join Dwight/Harden.  They will be just fine.

Let's move on...he's not our problem anymore...

#18 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:31 AM

Dwight Howard got the 2nd most post touches in the league last season, those are just hard statistical numbers.  It isn't D'antoni not knowing how to use him, D'antoni is a clown, we can all accept that, but he was getting Howard the ball, plenty.  Howard is statistically an offensively limited player and that is backed up by a enormous sample size of data.  With him having the 2nd most touches in the post, I would assume that there would be little variance if he was getting the ball even more, and you would see the same offensive output.

I watched him play all season, I was fine with him staying or leaving, but I wouldn't bend over to keep him and I certainly would never make him the focal point of my team.  

#19 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:39 AM

Dwight Howard got the 2nd most post touches in the league last season, those are just hard statistical numbers.  It isn't D'antoni not knowing how to use him, D'antoni is a clown, we can all accept that, but he was getting Howard the ball, plenty.  Howard is statistically an offensively limited player and that is backed up by a enormous sample size of data.  With him having the 2nd most touches in the post, I would assume that there would be little variance if he was getting the ball even more, and you would see the same offensive output.

I watched him play all season, I was fine with him staying or leaving, but I wouldn't bend over to keep him and I certainly would never make him the focal point of my team.  

He wasn't near 100% for most of the season.  He blamed MDA but the real problem was injuries, injuries and more injuries.  Not just his, but to Kobe, Nash and Pau.  Comedy of errors.

He WILL finish at a high percentage in the post because he WILL be healthier.  Please don't try to extrapolate from this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users