Photo

What now?

ByeDwight Rebuild

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Poll: What now? (64 member(s) have cast votes)

What do we do now?

1. Tank for 2014 draft and go all out in 2014 FA class (14 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

2. Try compete this year and go all out in the 2014 FA class (40 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Trade away/amnesty nash, pau kobe and whoever we can get to tank even harder (10 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:32 PM

This all started with Stern vetoing the CP3 trade, otherwise we will not be in this position.

#42 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Im really concerned about the perception of the Lakers and what the players will think...1st time ever someone passed up $30 mil to go somewhere else. SMH

The question is did he ever want to be here? I mean he had that rockets picture ready pretty quickly
Posted Image

#43 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,450 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Im really concerned about the perception of the Lakers and what the players will think...1st time ever someone passed up $30 mil to go somewhere else. SMH

NBA today... all BFFs...

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#44 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

I don't think it will hurt our reputation that much. If we were to offer a big deal to just about any other player, and they would still want to play here.

#45 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 408 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Now you find out who is a Laker fan and who isn't. Better get your nerves all tucked in because our last easy day was yesterday. I'm thinking next year's team might outperform last year's and 2014 will be good for rebuilding. I've gone into seasons with rosters far worse than this one. We will be ok.

#46 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Carry on. That's life!!! If it takes 10 years, it takes 10 years to build another contender. If it takes 2, then it takes 2. Whatever it may be that's the reality. The responsibility lies with the FO. If they don't make the right moves, then the organization suffers. If they make the right ones then we prosper. Obviously some of the decisions over the last couple years have led to the point where at now. It's the FO's job to dig themselves out of the hole they are in. If they can't then they need to put people in place who can.

#47 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,228 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Now you find out who is a Laker fan and who isn't. Better get your nerves all tucked in because our last easy day was yesterday. I'm thinking next year's team might outperform last year's and 2014 will be good for rebuilding. I've gone into seasons with rosters far worse than this one. We will be ok.

You don't think we found out who the Lakers fans were when the team had to nearly destroy the career of the franchises greatest player in the attempts to make a bottom seed in the playoffs.  This team was terrible last season.  They won't be any worse next season, though if they were smart they would be about 50 games worse.

#48 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:39 PM

This all started with Stern vetoing the CP3 trade, otherwise we will not be in this position.

Fact.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#49 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,324 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:42 PM

shaq? :P

Ah yes, the Lakers FO really came through when they had to at the time. That critical time is approaching again.

#50 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 408 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:43 PM

You don't think we found out who the Lakers fans were when the team had to nearly destroy the career of the franchises greatest player in the attempts to make a bottom seed in the playoffs.  This team was terrible last season.  They won't be any worse next season, though if they were smart they would be about 50 games worse.

It's not in my dna to tank. But it's also difficult to disagree with you.

Our future comes slowly now. It sucks bit it is what it is.

As for the fans, and the bandwagon, you ain't seen nuthin yet. Personally I think we are overdue a good enema as a fan base anyway.

#51 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,450 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Ah yes, the Lakers FO really came through when they had to at the time. That critical time is approaching again.

jerry "the logo" west was GM in those days... he brought us shaq and kobe, that man got eyes for talent.

Jerry buss knew when to take risks, he found the perfect man for job in jerry west. a perfect duo, the risk-taker owner and the brilliant GM

Edited by flota, July 05, 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#52 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,228 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's not in my dna to tank. But it's also difficult to disagree with you.

Our future comes slowly now. It sucks bit it is what it is.

As for the fans, and the bandwagon, you ain't seen nuthin yet. Personally I think we are overdue a good enema as a fan base anyway.

Tank, get Wiggins or another difference maker in the first round (there are at least 5 guys that will start and be good to great day 1).  Have enough for 2 max players in a very very deep free agent class (LBJ, Melo, etc) and let Kobe play for cheap or walk.  Total rebuild done in one season, no big deal.

#53 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 1,029 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:48 PM

We also need to give a lot of minutes to young players like Ryan this season.
Preparing them for 2014 and we may have some good surprise. Could be good role players in the future team.

#54 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,129 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

So it was reported that Dwight asked for Phil.  Wow just wow.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#55 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,228 posts

jerry "the logo" west was GM in those days... he brought us shaq and kobe, that man got eyes for talent.

Jerry buss knew when to take risks, he found the perfect man for job in jerry west. a perfect duo, the risk-taker owner and the brilliant GM

They traded Bynum for Howard, and nothing for Nash.  You guys were doing cartwheels last year at this time.  Didn't work out, but you can't blame Mitch, he is a master.

#56 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,227 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:52 PM

I dont understand how fans think that the Lakers will get anything higher than a 8 pick even if they tank the seaosn?  You know David Stern will tell Adam Silver to not let the Lakers have the number one pick.  The reason why the NBA have this cba crap is for the Lakers to not dominate for so long.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#57 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:52 PM

They traded Bynum for Howard, and nothing for Nash.  You guys were doing cartwheels last year at this time.  Didn't work out, but you can't blame Mitch, he is a master.

Yeah but we can blame Jim all we want. And David Stern as well. What he did two years ago was just plain wrong and we would not be in this position had he not intervened like the little punk ass Laker hater that he is. And everyone knows it's true. So now we gotta find a way to bounce back. And we will. Just like we always do. It truly always is us against the world. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, July 05, 2013 - 08:53 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#58 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:53 PM

So it was reported that Dwight asked for Phil. Wow just wow.

When Brown was fired. That's pretty well known.

#59 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Maybe, if Nash has a good year, we can trade him for a first rounder(2014 hopefully) from NY or Toronto or someone.

Get Artest and Pau off the payroll, then resign Pau for cheap and get some FA like Wall and George.

#60 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,324 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:54 PM

Tank, get Wiggins or another difference maker in the first round (there are at least 5 guys that will start and be good to great day 1).  Have enough for 2 max players in a very very deep free agent class (LBJ, Melo, etc) and let Kobe play for cheap or walk.  Total rebuild done in one season, no big deal.

LOL you better hope the Heat choke in the first round, Wade gets a career-ending injury, and a Heat player sleeps with Bron's mom.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ByeDwight, Rebuild

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users