#61 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:27 AM

Ummm no ... Jerry built show time ...

Well he didn't draft Magic and Kareem had been here so....how hard do u think it was after that.

I mean if that's the case give Mitch the credit for all Kobe's titles because Jerry left before we won in 2000

#62 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:06 AM

That would be spectacular wouldnt it. Improbable but not impossible I'm assuming. But theres so much of a risk to target certain guys and then if we cant convince them were left with nobody to steer the ship again.
If when the time comes and its a possibility try our best to acquire him. But we cant place all the eggs, or even the majority of them in certain FA's basket.

Were at ground zero. Gotta build through the draft and find OUR next long term superstar.

Wanna know why a long list of FA wanted to come to the LAL
Our draft picks

pick#. Name
9. Clyde Lovellette
1. Elgin Baylor
2. Jerry West
1. Magic
1. Worthy
37. Van Excel
10. Eddie Jones
13. Kobe
24. Fish
10. Bynum

We either kept these DP or traded them for other players who became major contributors. 
Get a clue. Pull out of the FA market. Tank and draft our next cornerstone to build around for the next decade+. Then lure FA pieces around him.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#63 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Kobe was traded for. As was Worthy

#64 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Pre ordained draft day trades. Still building through the draft. If we can ever trade up or trade picks great. Problem?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#65 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Dwight re-signing would have helped us with a quick reload...

Free Agents were going to sign BECAUSE of Dwight...not Kobe.

Now, it will take some real fancy footwork for Mitch to reload around Kobe at his age...

#66 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:55 AM

Dwight re-signing would have helped us with a quick reload...

Free Agents were going to sign BECAUSE of Dwight...not Kobe.

Now, it will take some real fancy footwork for Mitch to reload around Kobe at his age...

free agents would have signed because of Bynum.....who we drafted to later trade for Dwight. Get it?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#67 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 03:50 PM

1 down....3 more to go.

Kaman for a year....gotta field a team.

#RESET

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#68 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 08, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Just Laker bloggers bouncing ideas on twitter....we might be dealing Hill for a 2014 1st rounder to get under the Cap. This way we reset the repeater tax count back 1 year

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#69 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 04:31 PM

That's terrific news to. Thats next level reset stuff I dont understand much of. But it sounds like moving forward. And I know u like Ron my dude. So do I. He's a champ for us. But this is our reality now. Lakers doing what they have to do not what they wanted to do.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#70 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Our goal this year is to accumulate assets that help us cash in on the 2014 draft and 2014 free agent period...like we saw Dwight do, super stars will take a short paycut to come if you have an attractive roster that can be competitive.  Hope we first trade Nash, Blake and Pau midseason and get 2014 1st rounders or players in their rookie contracts (like how we got Hill but with more years left in their contract).  Cheap talented contracts + high draft picks will lure you that star...whether it will be Melo or Lebron. Then you're right back up again.  We need to spike up Blake, Nash and Pau's value as much as we can. Have a feeling Nash might resist a trade since he wants to be close to his kids, that might be tough

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#71 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,355 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Imagine having 3 1st rounders in this draft.

Imagine 2 lottery picks meaning double the chance to land wiggins, Parker or smart

That'd be awesome
Posted Image

#72 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 03:07 AM

Our goal this year is to accumulate assets that help us cash in on the 2014 draft and 2014 free agent period...like we saw Dwight do, super stars will take a short paycut to come if you have an attractive roster that can be competitive.  Hope we first trade Nash, Blake and Pau midseason and get 2014 1st rounders or players in their rookie contracts (like how we got Hill but with more years left in their contract).  Cheap talented contracts + high draft picks will lure you that star...whether it will be Melo or Lebron. Then you're right back up again.  We need to spike up Blake, Nash and Pau's value as much as we can. Have a feeling Nash might resist a trade since he wants to be close to his kids, that might be tough

Happy with that. I'm with it so long as were building a core through the draft. 

Imagine having 3 1st rounders in this draft.

Imagine 2 lottery picks meaning double the chance to land wiggins, Parker or smart

That'd be awesome

Yes....AWESOME. Just the chance is great.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#73 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 08:33 AM

The real fans think we should tank?!?!?! I disagree 100%, the real fans are above that and the Lakers organization certainly is above that. It makes me sick to even think the Lakers would consider tanking, its below them. I also know for a fact Kobe would agree with me. COMPETE, simple. All you fans saying lets tank, I would personally like you to say that to Kobe and him to just look at you with disgust. I rather compete and go down fighting than give in to bush league tactics for a CHANCE to get the next young superstar.

:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#74 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Next year the Lakers will have a 1st Round Pick and will be elligible for a lottery pick. 

Hit the Re-Set Button for sure.  I'll be surprised if the Lakers even make the playoffs next year. 

#75 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:24 AM

The real fans think we should tank?!?!?! I disagree 100%, the real fans are above that and the Lakers organization certainly is above that. It makes me sick to even think the Lakers would consider tanking, its below them. I also know for a fact Kobe would agree with me. COMPETE, simple. All you fans saying lets tank, I would personally like you to say that to Kobe and him to just look at you with disgust. I rather compete and go down fighting than give in to bush league tactics for a CHANCE to get the next young superstar.

First Kaman
Now Farmar

Rumors of Sasha and LO acquisitions.
Ron Gone
Pau/Blake have multiple trade scenarios if anyone takes them.
MDT still coach

Tell us again why the new Lakers FO is going to listen to what a 36 year old Kobe has to say? Its not 2003/4....its 2013/14.

However you could call up KB and put him on the phone with me, or arrange a personal meeting if you would prefer, and I will gladly tell him that with his rehabbing Achilles Tendon injury hes allowed and even expected to compete at 100% every game this season because Shooter871 said so.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#76 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 10, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Why entertain the idea of tanking we know we are going to suck especially since kobe is out and MdA is the coach
Posted Image

#77 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:39 AM

First Kaman
Now Farmar

Rumors of Sasha and LO acquisitions.
Ron Gone
Pau/Blake have multiple trade scenarios if anyone takes them.
MDT still coach

Tell us again why the new Lakers FO is going to listen to what a 36 year old Kobe has to say? Its not 2003/4....its 2013/14.

However you could call up KB and put him on the phone with me, or arrange a personal meeting if you would prefer, and I will gladly tell him that with his rehabbing Achilles Tendon injury hes allowed and even expected to compete at 100% every game this season because Shooter871 said so.

Kobe is going to play if he wants to, they aren't going to force him to sit and they cant control what Kobe will do on the court. Im not saying I know Kobe personally but I think its pretty clear he would relentlessly be against tanking, hes a pure winner. Considering this is Kobe's team and has been for some time now it just comes to common sense that he would be against any fans promoting the idea that the Lakers should tank this season. You have the right to your opinion but no way the leader of this and the past several years Lakers squad would agree with you.

I have no doubt you would say that to Kobe's face, I didnt say "you would'nt do it", I just said it would result into a disagreement from one of the greatest if not the greatest Laker.

Im just on the side of pride and if we were to go down, to do it with a fight.

Edited by Shooter871, July 10, 2013 - 07:42 AM.

:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#78 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:04 AM

Considering this is Kobe's team

Is it? 

No question is has been his team but is it still?

Theres a few in the FO that may argue the legitimacy of that comment now.

The Lakers are not doing what they necessarily want to do.

Doing what they wanted to do is what got them into the situation they're presently in.

Now they're reacting to that situation by doing what they need to do.

It doesn't matter how long and hard KB wants to complain about it I dont see the FO doing what he asks anymore.

Publicly the story will be different. They will presnt KB as the leader/franchise etc. Thats what the fanbase wants to hear.

But any KB comment, complaint, suggestion or demand will fall on deaf ears behind closed doors.

Example 1. Ron Artest is about to be amnestied. Kobes not happy and hes voiced his opinion. Is anyone retracting that decision yet? Nope.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#79 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Something to think about in regards to 2014: We may able to get Dirk, I wonder if Nash can convince him to join us for cheap?

Look at that Mavs roster: VC, Bernard James, Jae Crowder, Marion, Jose Calderon, Monta Ellis no decent bigs...2 consecutive years of capspace, having a championship coach and they have struck out on Deron Williams, CP3, Howard and whatever border line all star out there and are stuck with Calderon and Ellis in the backcourt for next couple of years LOL .  I think we can get him over here next season. Dallas has nothing going for them.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#80 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:40 AM

Something to think about in regards to 2014: We may able to get Dirk, I wonder if Nash can convince him to join us for cheap?

Look at that Mavs roster: VC, Bernard James, Jae Crowder, Marion, Jose Calderon, Monta Ellis no decent bigs...2 consecutive years of capspace, having a championship coach and they have struck out on Deron Williams, CP3, Howard and whatever border line all star out there and are stuck with Calderon and Ellis in the backcourt for next couple of years LOL .  I think we can get him over here next season. Dallas has nothing going for them.

That would be a dream come true but I just see Dirk being one of the very few to playout his entire career has a Mav.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users