#41 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Imagine if we don't land Lebron in '14. THEN you can call Jim Buss and Mitch a failure.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#42 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,241 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:17 PM

2014 FA class is overrated. LeBron's not coming and everybody else is gonna be in their 30s. I'd rather build through the draft and sit through a few awful years than try to swing for homeruns again.

Posted Image

#43 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:17 PM

SAS said it best. And its the same thing I said the day Jerry Buss passed.
"Dwight didn't leave the LALs franchise we know and love. He left a new organization with ownership that has the experience of a expansion team."

The FO has gotta be blown up to. Don't expect Mitch to be with the franchise much longer.

If Mitch goes, might as well shut down as a franchise.

#44 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:18 PM

2014 FA class is overrated. LeBron's not coming and everybody else is gonna be in their 30s. I'd rather build through the draft and sit through a few awful years than try to swing for homeruns again.

2015 FA class then?

Edited by Yellow_Evan, July 05, 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#45 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:41 PM

If Mitch goes, might as well shut down as a franchise.

Mitch struck gold with the Gasol trade. Otherwise most other moves have been failures

#46 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,132 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:49 PM

Mitch struck gold with the Gasol trade. Otherwise most other moves have been failures

That's just like saying Jerry West struck gold with the Shaq/Kobe summer and that most other moves were failures.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#47 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:57 AM

That's just like saying Jerry West struck gold with the Shaq/Kobe summer and that most other moves were failures.

Ummm no ... Jerry built show time ...

#48 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:22 AM

Is this a joke? Not resign KB? You think that he won't take a paycut from 30m to possibly in more titles? He doesn't Need money. Oh and a 36 yr old Kobe will probably still be the best SG in the NBA. Not sign Bryant, gtfo.

Did KB not just tear his Achilles Tendon? He will be 36 going on 37. Name me a owner and GM combo in the NBA stupid enough to resign a 37 year old who's a high Achilles Tendon re-injury risk at more than vets minimum? Now if he takes vets minimum he will retire a Laker and I hope he does. But dont count on it. If by some miracle were all of a sudden competing for a WCC KB will take less. But we wont be. Were going to be a gutted team, waiting for KB to leave. Why would KB take less to play in that atmosphere. The Celtics did it to Paul Pierce. Dont for a instant think the NEW Lakers FO wont do it to KB.

You think that Melo is past his prime?  Give me a break, the guy is one of the best in the league.  I agree about the 20-30 win seasons.  Lakers made their beds mortgaging their future to win rings, and it worked, but just like everyone else, there is a day of reckoning, and theirs is today.  Fortunately, they will free up a ton of cap space at the end of this season and can sign 2 great players and probably get a great lottery pick and turn the franchise around real quick.  They need to not attempt to win this season, or they will have the same problems going forward.

Yes....Melo is WAY to old to build a team around. Your imagining that we will already have some young core of players and a guy like Melo can come in and be a instant impact. We wont. That will not be our reality. So signing a 30-32 year old player and taking the next 2-4 seasons to build around him will basically waste that players career. By the time were reloaded a player like Melo will be the old guy tearing his Achilles tendon and need to be replaced. Try to think 3-5 years down the line. Not just whats going to happen tomorrow. A change for Lakers fans to go through. But I've been saying this for 3 seasons now and ALL THE HOOPS GENIUSES ON HERE NEVER AGREE.....we are in uncharted waters and everything is possible. Our glorious and historic past is no longer relevant. We our 1 step ahead of a expansion team at this very moment in time. One would argue and say were actually behind the capabilities of a expansion team because of our contractual burdens we have to wait to clear.

Why do we Lakers fans get beside ourselves at the concept of a down year(s)?

I am not that at all. I'm actually very excited. Imagine if 4-5 years if we can draft the next KB or face of the franchise and develop him from the ground up. Someone to believe in for another 15+ seasons. If there's fans out there that wouldn't trade this possibility for 4-5 seasons of humbleness then they aren't real fans. They're band wagoners who want instant gratification but bail when it wont happen. So I am tottaly excited. Time to start scouting HS prospects. Even guys in Jr. High.

Exactly. getting a 30 year old to build a team around takes time. So when were ready theyll be 34-35 and need to be replaced. Spending 5 seasons of rebuilding to be competitive for 1...maybe 2 years....theres no point in that.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#49 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:11 AM

The Trevor Ariza trade? Or hiring Phil for the second time?

#50 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,241 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:17 AM

2015 FA class then?

Yeah, I think it may end up being a two year plan all along. Ideally, Lakers should tank and stockpile first rounders for next year to get younger. Swing for LeBron or Paul George in 2014, then when they don't come, sign some younger guys that can play and then go all in for 2015 free agency. Guys like Rondo, Eric Gordon, Love, Aldridge, and Hibbert are gonna be available then. Sign a couple of them and then you've got a team that can compete within a couple years.

Of course, everything's more complicated when you consider Kobe is still on the team, and he's not gonna like tanking.

Posted Image

#51 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 02:52 PM

The Lakers will try to come up with a 3 team trade for LMA. :woot:

#52 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,721 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 06, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Imagine if we don't land Lebron in '14. THEN you can call Jim Buss and Mitch a failure.

Its a very good chance we wont get lebron. 

#53 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 03:31 PM

man this is gonna be a long one.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#54 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:12 PM

You fans are something else.

Why would LeBron leave a championship caliber team to go to a rebuilding team? Wouldn't it make more sense to join the Cavs and go back home because they have a better roster? Even if he joins the Lakers he would always be 2nd to Kobe. Do you think Kobe would let him take the game winning shot?

#55 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,875 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:17 PM

Being a Lakers fan, you shouldn't act like Atlanta or Milwaukee or some fanbase DESPERATE for relevancy.

Houston had hardly nothing , but cap space , so they got Harden.

Then Dwight.

It's really not that hard.

#56 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:08 PM

Wtf

Being a Lakers fan, you shouldn't act like Atlanta or Milwaukee or some fanbase DESPERATE for relevancy.
Houston had hardly nothing , but cap space , so they got Harden.
Then Dwight.
It's really not that hard.

what?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#57 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:11 PM

When does Kyrie become an unrestricted free agent?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#58 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,721 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:20 PM

#59 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:41 PM

I think the Lakers are going to have a open try outs at a local gym so they can sign some guys to the roster next season.

Everyone is welcome!

#60 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 06:37 AM

That would be spectacular wouldnt it. Improbable but not impossible I'm assuming. But theres so much of a risk to target certain guys and then if we cant convince them were left with nobody to steer the ship again.
If when the time comes and its a possibility try our best to acquire him. But we cant place all the eggs, or even the majority of them in certain FA's basket.

Were at ground zero. Gotta build through the draft and find OUR next long term superstar.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users