95 replies to this topic

#21 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:06 PM

I guess. It won't be easy to tank with the players on the roster. They'll play it out and the Lakers will probably will get a low lottery pick.

Then 2014 FA comes up. You hope 2 FAs really want to team up and need to join a 3rd team to do it. That's a longshot, so the Lakers will probably finally start from scratch after next season.

I hope they trade Pau (or amnesty if you can't get picks) and Nash, get a lottery pick, then go after FA's along with resigning Kobe in 2014.

#22 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:10 PM

SAS said it best. And its the same thing I said the day Jerry Buss passed.
"Dwight didn't leave the LALs franchise we know and love. He left a new organization with ownership that has the experience of a expansion team."

The FO has gotta be blown up to. Don't expect Mitch to be with the franchise much longer.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#23 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:14 PM

SAS said it best. And its the same thing I said the day Jerry Buss passed.
"Dwight didn't leave the LALs franchise we know and love. He left a new organization with ownership that has the experience of a expansion team."

The FO has gotta be blown up to. Don't expect Mitch to be with the franchise much longer.

I'm reminded of the phrase "past performance is not an indication of future returns..." 

Empires can crumble overnight...ie GoldmanSachs, Paula Deen, lol 

#24 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

epic I believe in 4-5 years when we have a new fresh core you will still be a hopeful LALs fan. That's a compliment. Your pretty passionate. But yes it'll be 4-5 years. WThe time has come to concentrate on scouting as opposed to signing a FA that's starting to get old and hasn't won a chip yet. Mostly I hope that KB retires a Laker.

Im not saying we going to win the championship less than 3 years. Im saying we going to be competitive within 2 years or so because of cap room.  You said we will be the bottom of the barrel for the next 5 years?  I cannot see that.  

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#25 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

I hope they trade Pau (or amnesty if you can't get picks) and Nash, get a lottery pick, then go after FA's along with resigning Kobe in 2014.

I honestly don't believe the LALs resign KB. Not for the money KB will ask for. He won't take a pay cut. He's my fav all time but the reality is he's a 36 year old rehabbing a torn Achilles. I wouldn't pay the vets minimum for that unless I was the Heat.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#26 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Buss gets a lot of blame but isn't Mitch still the GM here or no? He has input in these things as well right? If his contract is close to expiring I'd be looking over my shoulder. I think the whole ship needs a new direction. That starts up top. Buss can't be worse than my football team's GM (Dan Snyder) so perhaps he can get some better help along with him or something. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#27 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:18 PM

I honestly don't believe the LALs resign KB. Not for the money KB will ask for. He won't take a pay cut. He's my fav all time but the reality is he's a 36 year old rehabbing a torn Achilles. I wouldn't pay the vets minimum for that unless I was the Heat.

He has the highest net worth in the NBA at something like 220M. He can afford a pay cut if he's serious about winning more titles. The team needs money to surround him with talent under this new CBA...

#28 Anansi1171

Anansi1171

Rookie

• 124 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Tank!

Jim Buss running  and MDA coaching the team is going to really challenge me to watch or care. The losing will hurt, and somehow too personally than I could have imagined.

I hope they truly blow it up and give us a fresh start.

I would even consider Amnestying Kobe, for his sake as well as the team's. The air needs to be cleared and he can find a fit in coming back with the Pacers, Thunder or Bulls and beating Dwight to a title or two. 

We can have Cap space THIS season, trade Pau as an expiring now that it seems a market may have been established and let this clown of a coach run us small-ball straight into the lottery.

Its a gamble.

Jim Buss is such a complete and utter failure and screw-up, that the Celtics will likely be back into contention before the Lakers, with a handful of picks and a promising coach.

The dwightmare is over, but the nightmare has just begun!

#29 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Im not saying we going to win the championship less than 3 years. Im saying we going to be competitive within 2 years or so because of cap room. You said we will be the bottom of the barrel for the next 5 years? I cannot see that.

there's nobody to sign. Who? Aging players who are past their prime like Melo. Bronx not happening. That's a never. Wade...lol. The FA players won't be worth it. KB same thing. Not when you know the money isn't in efforts to win a chip. Screw putting a face out there just to have something marketable and win 45-50 games. I'm expecting a few 20-30 win seasons. Everyone will disagree with me. But the fact is.. ..I've been right so far.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#30 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm reminded of the phrase "past performance is not an indication of future returns..." 

Empires can crumble overnight...ie GoldmanSachs, Paula Deen, lol 

He has the highest net worth in the NBA at something like 220M. He can afford a pay cut if he's serious about winning more titles. The team needs money to surround him with talent under this new CBA...

Buss Jr isn't gonna build a team around a 37 year old. I hope KB is willing to go vets min. But its unlikely. Possible. Today's occurrence helps that actually.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#31 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,138 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Buss gets a lot of blame but isn't Mitch still the GM here or no? He has input in these things as well right? If his contract is close to expiring I'd be looking over my shoulder. I think the whole ship needs a new direction. That starts up top. Buss can't be worse than my football team's GM (Dan Snyder) so perhaps he can get some better help along with him or something. 

Mitch can't do anything without Jim's approval. He appoints to him. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#32 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:42 PM

And another shocker....Phil Jackson isn't coming back to coach us. Im still reading people posting PJ coming back nonsense. Move on please.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#33 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,771 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Complete disaster. Jim Buss has excelled in exceeding all the bad things Ive thought him capable of.

Edited by KobeWillReturnTriumphant, July 05, 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#34 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:54 PM

And ESPN is wrong. D12 is not the first superstar to leave the LA Lakers. There was a guy named Shaq who walked away to.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#35 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:04 PM

Wonder what the TWC brass are saying about now?  Maybe having the lawyers read the fine print in the contract?

#36 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,138 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Wonder what the TWC brass are saying about now?  Maybe having the lawyers read the fine print in the contract?

Lakers go 0-82 = Lakers getting paid $120 million

Lakers go 82-0 = Lakers getting paid $120 million

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#37 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Is this a joke? Not resign KB? You think that he won't take a paycut from 30m to possibly in more titles? He doesn't Need money. Oh and a 36 yr old Kobe will probably still be the best SG in the NBA. Not sign Bryant, gtfo.

#38 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:44 PM

there's nobody to sign. Who? Aging players who are past their prime like Melo. Bronx not happening. That's a never. Wade...lol. The FA players won't be worth it. KB same thing. Not when you know the money isn't in efforts to win a chip. Screw putting a face out there just to have something marketable and win 45-50 games. I'm expecting a few 20-30 win seasons. Everyone will disagree with me. But the fact is.. ..I've been right so far.

You think that Melo is past his prime?  Give me a break, the guy is one of the best in the league.  I agree about the 20-30 win seasons.  Lakers made their beds mortgaging their future to win rings, and it worked, but just like everyone else, there is a day of reckoning, and theirs is today.  Fortunately, they will free up a ton of cap space at the end of this season and can sign 2 great players and probably get a great lottery pick and turn the franchise around real quick.  They need to not attempt to win this season, or they will have the same problems going forward.

#39 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yea, I mean they got such a great product the first year they were with the Lakers.  You guys are pretending like this team was good.  They were an abomination.

#40 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Why do we Lakers fans get beside ourselves at the concept of a down year(s)?

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users