Reset Button

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,485 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 05, 2013 - 02:48 PM

RESTE_zps484fbd86.jpg

and

tank_zps4171be94.jpg

in 4-5 years we will be competitive again.

Time to find out who the real, real fans are...... :hmm:  

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 05, 2013 - 02:58 PM

We will be competitive in 2014 - 2015 year.  Lakers never suck for more than 3 years.    Even with Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:05 PM

Jones and van excel were not competitive. Not against playoff teams. They were just transition players till we scored in the Draft and cleared salary to rebuild. Expect the same. If you think the exact roster we had only with a hindered rehabing KB and minus D12 your just in shock and hoping way to much.
What is is what is.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Blow it up.
Tell KB to sit the year out.
Trade pau for anything.
Amnesty Ron Ron.
Let Nash expire cuzz a trade isn't likely.
Fire MDT. Sign a new young coach like the Heat did. Like OKC did. Like the Nets just did.
Everyone else give the option to leave if they want to.
Hope KB is OK with that. If not to bad. What happens, happens. This is the cards we were dealt. Its not really shocking to me.

Edited by LakersGAFan, July 05, 2013 - 03:15 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:17 PM

It might be longer than 4-5 years if Jim Buss is still in charge.

I have no confidence in him at all. He made it really easy for Dwight to leave LA. I can't even be as mad at him as some of the other people here are.

Posted Image

#6 Goon28

Goon28

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kwame

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:21 PM

As of now Jim will get the blame as much or more than dwight or md, but lets see what he does from here on.
Kinda ironic that when the Celtics rebooted the team, the Lakers should or would also join them.

But do we have the 2014 or not?

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:26 PM

It might be longer than 4-5 years if Jim Buss is still in charge.

I have no confidence in him at all. He made it really easy for Dwight to leave LA. I can't even be as mad at him as some of the other people here are.

well stated. I'm not mad or bitter that D12 left. The writing was on the wall. It was obvious as a month or so ago he was leaving. For me though, I was pretty sure when KBs injury status was announced.
Nothing the owner or GM could have done would have changed any of this with the cards they were dealt. Including firing MDT. I think KBs injury was the proverbial nail in the Dwight leaving coffin. He wants to win now and he made a good choice with all the variables he was given. Good luck to him and H-town.

Back to us.....KABOOM!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:30 PM

well stated. I'm not mad or bitter that D12 left. The writing was on the wall. It was obvious as a month or so ago he was leaving. For me though, I was pretty sure when KBs injury status was announced.
Nothing the owner or GM could have done would have changed any of this with the cards they were dealt. Including firing MDT. I think KBs injury was the proverbial nail in the Dwight leaving coffin. He wants to win now and he made a good choice with all the variables he was given. Good luck to him and H-town.

Back to us.....KABOOM!

There were plenty of things they could've done had they been focused on keeping Dwight from the very beginning. Pau and the picks the Lakers used to get Steve Nash should've been used to get younger talent. 2014 FA should've only be used as a supplement to build the team, not to be completely relied upon.

MDA has been widely reported as the biggest reason why he's leaving. I don't see any reason not to believe that. He's awful and doesn't know how to utilize big men and his defensive capabilities.

Edited by Japago, July 05, 2013 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:32 PM

And don't bet the farm on luring Lebron out of Miami. Its not going to happen. Under any circumstances. He's a 2x champ and he's happy. He is a King there. No people....we need to rebuild the old fashioned way....through the NBA DRAFT. If we have no draft picks then we trade assets we have to get whatever we can. And we wait.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:34 PM

There were plenty of things they could've done had they been focused on keeping Dwight from the very beginning. Pau and the picks the Lakers used to get Steve Nash should've been used to get younger talent. 2014 FA should've only be used as a supplement to build the team, not to be completely relied upon.

MDA has been widely reported as the biggest reason why he's leaving. I don't see any reason not to believe that. He's awful and doesn't know how to utilize big men and his defensive capabilities.

yea but we signed Nash to a 3 year deal first. And that helped to convince D12 to sign with us for a rehab season. Honestly D12 never wanted to be here. Other wise he signs a 3 year deal then and we don't have a chance to have this discussion. Instead were talking about role players to add.

Edited by LakersGAFan, July 05, 2013 - 03:36 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#11 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:38 PM

yea but we signed Nash to a 3 year deal first. And that helped to convince D12 to sign with us for a rehab season. Honestly D12 never wanted to be here. Other wise he signs a 3 year deal.

Dwight didn't "sign" with us. He was traded here.

I doubt the Nash thing made any difference. I doubt he would want to play with somebody who is that close to retirement.

Posted Image

#12 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:47 PM

All of this is old news and we can slice that hair 100 different ways.

New news: Implement Operation Shake our Etch-A-Sketch to erase everything so we can draw a new future.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#13 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:51 PM

I titled this thread OFFICIAL Reset Button. When you mods change things state your reasons why?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#14 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 03:53 PM

I guess. It won't be easy to tank with the players on the roster. They'll play it out and the Lakers will probably will get a low lottery pick.

Then 2014 FA comes up. You hope 2 FAs really want to team up and need to join a 3rd team to do it. That's a longshot, so the Lakers will probably finally start from scratch after next season.

Posted Image

#15 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 05, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Greg oden or Andrew Bynum for 1 year. We need to draft another player that will be face of this franchise.

Edited by Jee, July 05, 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#16 DameC24

DameC24

16!

• 535 posts
  • Name:Dame
  • Fan Since:When I seen my first Laker game on CBS
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted July 05, 2013 - 04:45 PM

I agree. Time to blow this mickey blicky up. We need some bad years and build it back. Hey I say, smart move by DH12 for rolling out. Saves us money for 2014-15. 

#17 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 04:58 PM

Until they get good management, the Lakers aren't going anywhere. The Lakers' past history doesn't mean anything.

We've seen great franchises all the time fall on hard times because of poor management.

Posted Image

#18 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 05, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Lakers will be back less than 3 years!!!! Stop with this "oh lakers gonna suck for the next 5 years.   Stfu already!!  All that cap room in 2014 and lakers still going to suck? 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#19 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Lakers will be back less than 3 years!!!! Stop with this "oh lakers gonna suck for the next 5 years.   Stfu already!!  All that cap room in 2014 and lakers still going to suck? 

epic I believe in 4-5 years when we have a new fresh core you will still be a hopeful LALs fan. That's a compliment. Your pretty passionate. But yes it'll be 4-5 years. WThe time has come to concentrate on scouting as opposed to signing a FA that's starting to get old and hasn't won a chip yet. Mostly I hope that KB retires a Laker.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#20 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,222 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:06 PM

I thought it was time to blow this thing up last year.  I think they are fortunate that they can clear just about every contract off the books next season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users