#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,999 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'm told Dwight Howard and Jose Calderon are interested in playing together. Calderon may wait for Howard to make a decision before signing.

Dwight Howard respects Jose Calderon's game, per a source. He thinks they'd play well together since Calderon is a good facilitator/shooter.

It's no coincidence that when Dwight Howard to Houston rumors started heating up, there was a subsequent Jeremy Lin for Jose Calderon rumor.

If Dwight Howard re-signs with the Lakers, I expect Jose Calderon to join L.A. as well so he can play with Howard and his buddy Pau Gasol

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#22 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Of course he would like to play with Calderon.

He'd get so many opportunities to block shots with that guy patrolling the perimeter.
iyjywo.jpg

#23 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:13 PM

he shot 50% for 3 , so id take him in a heartbeat

#24 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,794 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:14 PM

If Calderon becomes apart of this team, I'm done.

That's literally the stupidest move you can make after re-signing Howard.
iyjywo.jpg

#25 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,087 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Can you imagine him and Nash guarding Westbrook, Parker, Paul, or other point guards? That would be fun! (for the other team).

#26 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,999 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:17 PM

if that's what tips the scale in our favor in terms of Dwight's decision you do it.    I can handle landing Calderon if it means Dwight re-signs as my stomach turns at the prospect.

I'd rather have Calderon on a vets min and Dwight locked down for the next 5 years over not having Dwight at all =P  

having Calderon makes my stomach hurt.. but not as bad as not having Dwight would :laughing:

#27 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,087 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:19 PM

if that's what tips the scale in our favor in terms of Dwight's decision you do it.    I can handle landing Calderon if it means Dwight re-signs as my stomach turns at the prospect.

I'd rather have Calderon on a vets min and Dwight locked down for the next 5 years over not having Dwight at all =P  

having Calderon makes my stomach hurt.. but not as bad as not having Dwight would :laughing:

I agree with you on that one. :laughing:

#28 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,794 posts

Can you imagine him and Nash guarding Westbrook, Parker, Paul, or other point guards? That would be fun! (for the other team).

Actually, Kobe would have to guard them (as he always does) because they are that bad.

So in result, Kobe would play 40 minutes trying to guard these guys AND score while Nash lays on his back on the sideline for 30 minutes (sounds familiar).

It's a disaster. Calderon is the worst defensive guard in the league. Guess who's number 2?

What a disaster.
iyjywo.jpg

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,999 posts

He'd get so many opportunities to block shots with that guy patrolling the perimeter.

lol seriously I roam with D12 in NBA2k13.

I literally let the computer Nash guard the point guard while I control Dwight and then when they blow past them I rotate to block the shot each time :laughing:  

Sometimes they pass it off :( But when they don't its easy.   If I freaking get Calderon on the Lakers ill be cheesing against the CPU for 20 blocks a game :laughing:

#30 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,794 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:20 PM

if that's what tips the scale in our favor in terms of Dwight's decision you do it. I can handle landing Calderon if it means Dwight re-signs as my stomach turns at the prospect.

If Jose Calderon is the difference between Dwight staying and leaving, then we let his dumbass walk.
iyjywo.jpg

#31 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,087 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Actually, Kobe would have to guard them (as he always does) because they are that bad.

So in result, Kobe would play 40 minutes trying to guard these guys AND score while Nash lays on his back on the sideline for 30 minutes (sounds familiar).

It's a disaster. Calderon is the worst defensive guard in the league. Guess who's number 2?

What a disaster.

That's why I laugh at the possibility of having Nash and Calderon as our point guards :laughing:

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,999 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:21 PM

That's why I laugh at the possibility of having Nash and Calderon as our point guards :laughing:

I hurt at the possibility of having Nash guarding Westbrook with Gasol being our rim protector....

And honestly that thought makes my stomach hurt more than the one of them blowing past Nash/Calderon and getting to Howard =P

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,468 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:23 PM

Lol I dont understand the Calderon hate.  He is lightsyears better than Blake and could fill in for Nash if his body gives out as well.  Defense at the PG position isnt as important as you guys think.  The PG job is to run the offense and create offensive production, defense is a plus for them.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#34 rnr

rnr

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:The Buss Family

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:26 PM

Why are you guys so worry and worked up who we get this year. We are shooting for next summer..So what..we bring in one year contracts.

You guys are over a barrel and sound like little baby girls.... Crying....Whaaay.. Whaaay..Whaaay..Whaaay..Whaaay..Whaaay..Whaaay

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,999 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:26 PM

if Dwight says bring in Calderon, Nick Young and Criss Angel and I'll sign with you.

I'll bring in Calderon, Nick Young and Criss Angel to play backup center if it means he re-signs. :laughing: 

It's the sacrifice you'd be willing to take, and Calderon would be on a one year vets min anyway so he wouldn't factor into the 2014 plan and we'd have Dwight locked in for 5 games.

Ya'll keep saying "if Dwight asks for D'antoni to be fired, do it if it means keeping him."

So then If Dwight is asking us to get Calderon, do it if it means keeping him.

Criss Angel got hops too

304220.jpg

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#36 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,794 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Defense at the PG position isnt as important as you guys think. The PG job is to run the offense and create offensive production, defense is a plus for them.

katblankstare.gif
iyjywo.jpg

#37 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:36 PM

It's not that I hate calderon It just I don't feel like he deserve a spot on LA

33bkfif.jpg

#38 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:38 PM

Calderon would be replacing Duhon on this team. Nash and Blake would get the majority of the minutes at PG. Calderon might play some SG while the team waits for him to come back on November.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,999 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Calderon would be replacing Duhon on this team. Nash and Blake would get the majority of the minutes at PG. Calderon might play some SG while the team waits for him to come back on November.

If Calderon is replacing Duhon for the vets minimum then fine if he's our 3rd stringer.  Im guessing Blake is gonna be playing the 2 since as of right now before Kobe returns Meeks would be starting?

#40 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,297 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted July 04, 2013 - 07:04 PM

I would love to have Jose here, his offensive game is underrated. You would have the worst defending PGs in the league but you would also have two of the best facilitators in the league, as well as reliable shooters, and we all know how much we need reliable shooters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users