70 replies to this topic

#61 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2013 - 04:46 AM

Tip of the hat to your ball club GA.

Braves offense never let me be comfortable throughout this series. Always had the potential to change the game with one swing of the bat.

You have good young bats and some nice young pitching. You guys will be back.

#62 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2013 - 08:22 AM

Aye aye aye

http://hardballtalk....ck-them-to-win/

Evidently, Braves players were not happy Jones had gone on the radio earlier in the day with the team’s flagship station, 680 The Fan, and predicted the Dodgers would win the NLDS in four games. So no player volunteered to catch the pitch.

Former manager Bobby Cox threw out the ceremonial Game 2 first pitch to Tim Hudson.

https://twitter.com/...612321729617920

BWETWkhCQAARfF5.jpg

Cracked windshield complements of @Braves fan @Dodgers stadium last night. My son was really disappointed. pic.twitter.com/MkkufiGFHF

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,398 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 01:50 AM

Braves fan writes Congressman, asks him to change loss to Dodgers

yo.

#64 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 14, 2013 - 04:10 AM

Tip of the hat to your ball club GA.

Braves offense never let me be comfortable throughout this series. Always had the potential to change the game with one swing of the bat.

You have good young bats and some nice young pitching. You guys will be back.

yea man, it was fun series. good luck to the LAD from here out. I dont want STL, BOS or DET winning.

#65 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted February 20, 2014 - 10:38 AM

1b, Freddie Freeman=signed

ss, Andrelton Simmons=signed

cl, Craig Kimbrell=signed

rf, Jason Heyward=signed

p, Julio Teheran=signed

3b, Chris Johnson=signed

my Braves seem more serious than anyone.

I thought for sure Kimbrell & Simmons were gonna be Yanks and Heyward was headed to the a Redsox.

I'm happy they spent the $ necessary to keep this young core together.

If BJ and Uggla can bat their weight Braves will have a murderers row of a line up.

• 40,398 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 03:25 PM

What good is keeping Kimbrell if you're not even gonna' use him when it matters most?

yo.

#67 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 10:58 AM

Next 3 ATLs gotta face the Dodgers and were in dangerous territory at 3.5 games under Washington. The way weve been playing I'd be extremely worried. But luckily were dodging the Dodgers 3 pitcher bullet. We dont have to consecutively face Kershaw, Grienke or Hyun-Jin Ryu who are a combined 39-15. Lucky for us we only gotta face one of them and its the highest era of the three. IMO Josh Beckett would had been harder for us to hit than Jin Ryu. But Beckett has a injury. Thankfully for us were getting the soft side of LA's rotation Dodgers are a great team. Arguably the best in MLB. But the fact is they're only 7 wins better than the Braves right now. Just like the Braves the LAD have had a fair share of struggles from deficiencies to. So we have a shot vs them no matter what. And the fact we dont have to face Kershaw, Grienke or Beckett help our chances. Doesn't help us if we have to play them in the NL Playoffs. But it helps us get there first. And now with Ramirez out and Yasiel a game time decision, maybe for once this season we can catch a break or two.

#68 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 01:45 PM

Every pitcher pitches better when they come to the Dodgers.

#69 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 05:50 PM

Dodgers were my puck to win it all this year.
People can [expletive] that the Dodgers went out and bought all these players.
But they drafted Kershaw and he's the ace. Spending all that money w/o the ace ya know what you get? You get my Braves. :-/

#70 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 10:05 PM

The braves are still young though, you shouldn't be tripping man. I've been root BJ Upton to turn it around for a while, but I don't think that's going to happen lol. But you're young core is nice and can definitely build on it. Like you said, they're lacking an ace ATM, but I think Tehran can be that guy.

Tbh, I don't even think the dodgers are going to win it. Our defense is ugly and I don't think our rotation is deep enough. I feel like this going to be Mr. Beane's year! He put together a hell of a squad this season.

#71 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 09:21 AM

The braves are still young though, you shouldn't be tripping man. I've been root BJ Upton to turn it around for a while, but I don't think that's going to happen lol. But you're young core is nice and can definitely build on it. Like you said, they're lacking an ace ATM, but I think Tehran can be that guy.

Tbh, I don't even think the dodgers are going to win it. Our defense is ugly and I don't think our rotation is deep enough. I feel like this going to be Mr. Beane's year! He put together a hell of a squad this season.

I actually believe it will be LAD vs OAK. Whoever wins thats cool. But a Moneyball part 2 would be awesome...lol
Yea Im going to the ATL vs OAK game tomorrow (sat). Julio Teheran is pitching for us. And we our young. Alex Wood is gonna be a great pitcher. but this braves team has no heart and no leader. LAD have like 4 people that wanna be the leader. Can we borrow Kemp? lol.

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 15, 2014 - 09:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users