70 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 06, 2013 - 08:40 AM

11! Can you say "BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL"
I believe the Braves will win again tonight because Teheran is pitching. Then Wednesday with Medlen on the bump....it depends on which Medlen shows up...lol. See what happens.

As of right now were have a 1/2 game lead on the Red Sox for best record in MLB. But I dont expect the Braves to hold that because once a team gets up 15 games with less than 50 to play the coach starts resting players more than normal.
And the Redsox and Rays are fighting for their division so they both need to go balls out.

Too bad the best record in baseball means nothing now since the all star game decides home field advantage in the WS. Lol SMDH at that damn rule.

You guys are rollin' though. Braves will be a tough matchup in the playoffs, I have you guys as the NL favorite right now.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 01:57 PM

yo.

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Braves are playing great. If Medlen shows up tonight we get our 4th straight sweep and 13th straight. But Medlen pitching is kinda like Pau being aggressive. There's flashes of fire and then softness in between. I think its gonna be ATL and LA in the NLC game. But 48 games left is a lot. 1 substantial injury can put a great season in the crapper real fast.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:18 PM

I think its gonna be ATL and LA in the NLC game. But 48 games left is a lot. 1 substantial injury can put a great season in the crapper real fast.

Like Hanley Ramirez's injury right now for us, not to mention Kemp already being out.

Chipper Jones Leaves Twitter, Blames Trolls

Chipper Jones         @RealCJ10

No more twitter for me. Said I'd do it for one year and the time is up. Too much hate and too many trolls. Much love to Braves country! Xo

chipper-jones-leaves-twitter.jpg

Edited by    , August 07, 2013 - 06:37 PM.

yo.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:55 PM

What is up with BJ Upton? Not even 200?

YIKES

yo.

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted August 09, 2013 - 06:17 AM

What is up with BJ Upton? Not even 200?

YIKES

Ive been saying that all year.

he sucked 1st half of the season and then at ASG went on the 15 day DL. But he was out for about 3 weeks. people out here are very disappointed in his performance so far. But now hes hit in 5 straight games and went 4/5 in game 3 vs the Nats. So if he turns it around and can hit even .250 from here till October all will be forgiven.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 09:57 PM

yo.

#28 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 04:31 AM

I think it was a suicide. Theres fences and stuff to prevent this. But if someone wanted to climb and fall they could. Either a suicide or just dumb.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#29 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 01:54 PM

Q: Tonight only what do the Braves and Kobe Bryant have in common?

A: Our magic # is 24!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#30 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 11:04 AM

If Jason Heyward broke his jaw were done. I AM BEYOND MAD.

And ALL because of a game vs the Scrub Mets. 20 games behind with nothing to play for.

Its total b.s. He was spitting up blood. Which may be a good sign that his mouth and jaw were moving. Dammmn!

heywardhbplong.gif

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 21, 2013 - 11:32 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:40 PM

BJ Upton batting 183 now yikes! When are they gonna' send him down to the minors? How much are they paying him? They should force him to take therapy or something. Desperate times call for drastic measures.

yo.

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Tough break for the Braves.  Looks like Heyward is out for the season.  Hopes he have a speedy recovery.

#33 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 03:50 AM

I'm more than bumbed. Actually I'm sad. I'm gonna rant I think. The Atlanta Braves have been the best team in Baseball this year and the only way they could have been derailed from a playoff home stand and possible trip to the World Series is a 91 mph fastball to Jayson Heywards jaw. Our best player and arguably the best and most complete player in MLB has a broken jaw, wired shut, eating through a straw and is out for 6 weeks...thats about a October 2nd return date. He will be out of game shape, rusty and probably scared at any pitch around his head.

So MLB got their wish. Now the talking heads on espn can over look our dominance and probability of beating their favored teams and later say how "the Braves choked during the playoffs". And no suspension....no investigation....no nothing. Just silence. I believe it was done intentionally and I believe it had something to do with the FO of MLB. 91 mph big league fastballs dont "get away" from pitchers. Sliders do, curves do, knuckler's do.....not fastballs. A MLB pitcher can put a dime on the wall and from 90 ft away hit that dime 9 of 10 times. The one time that misses would be within 3 inches. Process that. 

I'm still rooting for a #miracle . Or maybe the jaw isn't as bad as reported. Or that we can bring up a AAA player that gets red hot. Or that BJ Upton can find a way to hit .300 from now on (not holding my breath on that one). I realize the gravity of losing who is imho the best player in the league has had in some time. JHey isnt the best hitter. Hes not the most powerful. Hes not the fastest. Despite his Gold Gloves he may not even be the best RF in the game. But if the best at any single ability is a 10, Heyward is a 9 at everything. And now hes on the DL. And so our my hopes.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#34 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 01:08 PM

His surgery was a success and his return time was changed to 4-6 weeks and tje Braves only put him on the 15 day DL. So there's hope.

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 22, 2013 - 01:09 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 01:21 PM

His surgery was a success and his return time was changed to 4-6 weeks and tje Braves only put him on the 15 day DL. So there's hope.

Well they have to put him on the 15 day DL cause they can't afford to put him on the 60 day DL this late in the season.

#36 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 04:07 AM

Well they have to put him on the 15 day DL cause they can't afford to put him on the 60 day DL this late in the season.

Yea but I thought he was done for sure. 2 plates installed into his jaw....crazy.

JHey tweeted:

- Morning. Blessed to see another day. 

Before I'm asked to do any interviews regarding my most recent injury, I'd like to personally..

Thank EVERYONE for their well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people that have reached out. That love, appreciation and respect makes it hard not to shed a tear. My friends, family and I are grateful. While baseball isn't life I love this game to death. It's also hard not to be frustrated and hurt for my teammates, coaches and fans that I have battled with and recieved support from all season. My heart goes out to them as I know there's never a right time to be injured but at this point in the season it hits home the most. As a group the Braves still have high expectations for the rest of the season and I will participte in whichever way time and healing allows me to do so. On or off the field my teammates always have my love and support. Good, bad or indifferent. Our common goal is to make the playoffs and excel in October. My personal goal is to heal in time to be ready to join my teammates and coaches on the field for the postseason with the mindset to finish what we've started. Looking forward to joining my team asap and showing them support until I can be on the field again with them. In the mean time I'll be doing my best to stay in shape. Putting my best foot forward for an opportunity to play in October. 
I don't like taking up your time by talking about myself much. I hate to bring the attention to myself alone, while it's never all about me. It's about all of us involved in the game of baseball. But at the end of the day I wanted EVERYONE to recieve the "THANK YOU" and appreciation from me and only me because it's most genuine. Again thank you, and take care. Talk to u/ see u soon,

Jason

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 23, 2013 - 04:07 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#37 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Let's hope his recovery goes well so he can be back for the playoffs.  Hate to see players miss out on chances like this.

#38 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 03:43 AM

1233316_10151630439202263_2066844451_n.j

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#39 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 06:35 PM

Magic #15

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#40 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:30 AM

#Choptober

http://www.youtube.c...msZagT-Hs#t=170

Edited by LakersGAFan, September 25, 2013 - 07:49 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users