• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Out today I believe, anyone gonna watch it? I'll probably check it out in a few days.

o9F7jiv.png

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:03 AM

Doesnt look all that interesting to me. Probably wont see it for a while.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:08 AM

I wanna see it. A movie with minimal CGI. They built the train and laid 5 miles of tracks to get footage that Bruckheimer said will be the most explosive and genuine of his career. Itll be nice to see something done genuinely than just a graphic.

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,962 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm gonna see it. I think I got a Lone Ranger Action Figure when I was 3. Can't remember. Is Wolverine gonna be any good?

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:47 AM

I'm gonna see it. I think I got a Lone Ranger Action Figure when I was 3. Can't remember. Is Wolverine gonna be any good?

The plot for it looks stupid as hell.

#6 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,962 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:53 AM

It's got a plot?

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Are there no real native americans that can act anymore?  I'm sorry but this movie looks horrible. Johnny Depp is a great actor but seeing him trying to act like a Native American is just sad. I've watch a lot of movies based on Native Americans and to me this movie is like a slap to the Natives. It is just Jack Sparrow wearing indian makeup. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#8 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,962 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Are there no real native americans that can act anymore?  I'm sorry but this movie looks horrible. Johnny Depp is a great actor but seeing him trying to act like a Native American is just sad. I've watch a lot of movies based on Native Americans and to me this movie is like a slap to the Natives. It is just Jack Sparrow wearing indian makeup. 

I think he was just adopted by a Tribe

#9 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 977 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted July 03, 2013 - 10:54 AM

He is part native American

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#10 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,962 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 12:07 PM

He's part Black

#11 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 977 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 12:12 PM

He's part Black

Could of sworn I heard this over the tube though.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 03, 2013 - 12:16 PM

You made it sound like he is half indian.  He is not even parto f native american. He said he think he is a quarter or a small section of native american down the line from his incestry.  I guess any Mexcians can call themselves native americans too since all of them have little small part native american.   Im just saying they should atleast cast a real native american or somebody who have more native american blood than Johnn Depp.  The way he act is horrible in this movie. Did you see the original tonto? Probably before you time. It is before my time for sure. But atleast they didnt let some white dude play a native american back then. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#13 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 03, 2013 - 01:54 PM

How?

Is it a slap in the face to a marine, when an actor that has never been a marine plays that part? no... I don't get how this would be any different

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 01:57 PM

The Lone Rangers were a great band too:

But in all seriousness regarding the movie at hand, it doesn't interest me too much either. I'll probably catch it when it reaches Netflix, HBO, or Showtime or whatever.

yo.

#15 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,393 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted July 03, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Depp is full actor. That makes him have the ability to be whatever ethnicity he [expletive]ing wants. Woooo hoooo. I'm drinking already...lol

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Here's some more on his adoption:

Watch @ 1:03-2:53:

yo.

#17 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 977 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 03:20 PM

You made it sound like he is half indian. He is not even parto f native american. He said he think he is a quarter or a small section of native american down the line from his incestry. I guess any Mexcians can call themselves native americans too since all of them have little small part native american. Im just saying they should atleast cast a real native american or somebody who have more native american blood than Johnn Depp. The way he act is horrible in this movie. Did you see the original tonto? Probably before you time. It is before my time for sure. But atleast they didnt let some white dude play a native american back then.

lol dude your taking this way to far how did I make it seem his half native American if I said part? Lol did you already see the movie to say it's horrible or he acted horrible?

#18 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 03:17 PM

Reviews said this movie was just plain bad. Im not one to care what reviews say, but when I saw the previews of this I even thought it looked stupid and bad.

#19 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,393 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 07:07 PM

I saw it today. I enjoyed it. Not the greatest ever but it was entertaining. I'll check out the sequel.

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2013 - 07:48 PM

One of the most boring previews I've ever seen

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users