Photo

Raiders To Pay JaMarcus Russell $3 Million This Year

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• 40,548 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 05:58 PM

http://blacksportson...lion-this-year/

The Raiders are paying former quarterback JaMarcus Russell close to $3 million in a settlement over his disputed rookie contract, league sources said.

He had been paid $36.4 million and was still owed $3 million at the time of his release. The Raiders filed a grievance against Russell, seeking repayment of $9.55 million in salary advances, and Russell filed a grievance of his own, saying he was owed an additional $9 million.

JaMarcus-Russell-Mink-Coat.jpg
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Damn, and I had thought he was done getting paid. That's just absurd.

yo.

#2 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 02, 2013 - 07:41 PM

Damn more money for doing pretty much nothing. Since it is in the contract they should just pay and move on. Expected Jamarcus Russell to be empathetic towards the Raiders Organization and not take that 3 mil, since he already recieved 36.4 mil but if I were in Russell shoes I'd probably take that 3 mil also.  :laughing:  

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,705 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 02, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Russel is a changed man, i hope he gets a shot somewhere

ap1.png

#4 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 11:03 PM

SAS is correct when he said JaMarcus did not care when he was with the Raiders, but I do disagree with him when he says JaMarcus does not deserve another chance. SAS said he has to trust him and know that he cares... if he's trying to make a comeback, he is working out with Garcia, and has lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months that does not tell you that he cares and he wants a 2nd chance? Why would he be doing all of this if he does not care about making a comeback when he mad over 30 million doing nothing?

#5 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,705 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 03, 2013 - 12:03 AM

SAS is correct when he said JaMarcus did not care when he was with the Raiders, but I do disagree with him when he says JaMarcus does not deserve another chance. SAS said he has to trust him and know that he cares... if he's trying to make a comeback, he is working out with Garcia, and has lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months that does not tell you that he cares and he wants a 2nd chance? Why would he be doing all of this if he does not care about making a comeback when he mad over 30 million doing nothing?

the man loves the game of football... but some people have messed up lives and when you hand them so much money at a young age... boom

ap1.png

#6 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 11, 2013 - 06:20 AM

Being paid $36 million dollars and still file for bankruptcy, that's just stupid. I wish him the best on his attempt for a comeback tho, we all deserve a second chance

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users