70 replies to this topic

#21 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,771 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:09 PM

I know the Lakers are waiting for Dwight to make his choice, but seriously, nothing so far is frustrating.

#22 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:11 PM

THE LAKERS DON'T HAVE TRADE PIECES aside from a 20 million Gasol and maybe Jordan Hill...

Gasol can't be moved until a decision by Dwight is made.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#23 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:15 PM

Jared Dudley is no Shane Battier...

Umm why not? Hes not an elite one on one defender like Battier but hes above average in defending players in isolations, hes tough, he always competes, plays very hard and a good 3 point shooter

Here's Dudley's numbers last year: 27 mins, 11 points 3.1 rebs, 2. 6 assists 47% FG, 39% 3 point FG, 1 steal a game

Battier's numbers at samge age as Dudley in Houston: 36 mins, 10 points, 4.1 rebs, 2.1 assists, 44.6% FG, 42% 3s, 1 steal a game

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#24 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,205 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:17 PM

suns looking solid

Dragic, Bledsoe, Scola, Gortat, Alex Len, Caron Butler :P

Not a playoff team

#25 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm starting to wonder when we'll actually beat the Clippers again.

#26 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:18 PM

Umm why not? Hes not an elite one on one defender like Battier but hes above average in defending players in isolations, hes tough, he always competes, plays very hard and a good 3 point shooter

Here's Dudley's numbers last year: 27 mins, 11 points 3.1 rebs, 2. 6 assists 47% FG, 39% 3 point FG, 1 steal a game

Battier's numbers at samge age as Dudley in Houston: 36 mins, 10 points, 4.1 rebs, 2.1 assists, 44.6% FG, 42% 3s, 1 steal a game

Stat wise they seem similar but Shane Battier's defense is leaps and bounds greater than Dudley.

Similar offensive skillset and playstyles yes, but please don't compare them defensively.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#27 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:21 PM

good move

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#28 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:26 PM

The fact that they could have possibly dealt Bledsoe for Afflalo and got this instead makes me happy as a Laker fan.  

Clippers offense did get better and will be interesting to watch now with so many shooters around CP3.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#29 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Stat wise they seem similar but Shane Battier's defense is leaps and bounds greater than Dudley.

Similar offensive skillset and playstyles yes, but please don't compare them defensively.

Dudley is the closest comparison to Battier in this League. He does all the little things and tries hard as hell/hustles and hits the 3 ball well

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#30 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:29 PM

Dudley is the closest comparison to Battier in this League. He does all the little things and tries hard as hell/hustles and hits the 3 ball well

I actually think Kawhi Leonard (Although has much more upside) is the closest to a prime Battier.

Same thing with Aaron Afflalo and Wes Matthews (both great 3 point shooters and defenders.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#31 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:35 PM

It's a good deal, but I don't think they got monumentally better. I don't think Dudley is a huge improvement over Butler. I like Redick though. I think Bledsoe is a bit overrated.

It just feels worse than it should for Laker fans since the Lakers have been awful making moves the last few years. This decent move is far better than almost anything the Lakers have done the last few years.

Edited by Japago, July 02, 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

#32 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:37 PM

I actually think Kawhi Leonard (Although has much more upside) is the closest to a prime Battier.

Same thing with Aaron Afflalo and Wes Matthews (both great 3 point shooters and defenders.

Those guys are so much better than Battier/Dudley, they can get their own shot and much better finishers in transition. Im not sure if they have strength to guard post players however they'll get better at it as they get older. Dudley came into the league as a PF, lost weight, improved fitness to become a SG/SF

Edited by MDI, July 02, 2013 - 02:38 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#33 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:38 PM

It's a good deal, but I don't think they got monumentally better. I don't think Dudley is a huge improvement over Butler. I like Redick though. I think Bledsoe is a bit overrated.

It just feels worse than it should for Laker fans since the Lakers have been awful making moves the last few years. This decent move is far better than almost anything the Lakers have done the last few years.

Agreed, I agree that Bledsoe is drastically overrated and therefore his value is high to several other teams.  It does kinda suck as a Laker fan seeing the Clippers make deals but what sucks more is the fact that we just have no trade pieces.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#34 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Those guys are so much better than Battier/Dudley, they can get their own shot and much better finishers in transition. Im not sure if they have strength to guard post players however they'll get better at it as they get older

Yeah, idk Kawhi did seem to create his own shot and penetrate but his Post/Perimeter defense is no different from Battier and his ability to spot up from 3 reminds me alot of Battier also.

Aaron Afflalo and Wes Matthews aren't really able to create shots for themselves but both are young and have time to develop.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#35 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,782 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:40 PM

^This.  Bledsoe has the flash but not the consistency.  He has a  long way to go before he is a finished product.  Maybe he gets there, maybe not.  Butler's skills really tailed off the last couple of years.  Dudley and Reddick both fill roles for the Clippers.  it s a decent but not spectacular return for Bledsoe.  Wondering how Rivers will get this crew to actually play defense though.

#36 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,782 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:42 PM

Agreed, I agree that Bledsoe is drastically overrated and therefore his value is high to several other teams.  It does kinda suck as a Laker fan seeing the Clippers make deals but what sucks more is the fact that we just have no trade pieces.

We have no trade pieces ... but everyone thinks our FO are a bunch of geniuses.  

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Bledsoe's jumper looks even uglier than Rondo's a lot of the time.

yo.

#38 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:49 PM

The Lakers made a huge mistake by keeping Pau for too long and trading for Steve Nash. Other teams also used the luxury tax MLE and the vet's minimum much better over the years. I get there are limitations, but it's still no excuse for the Lakers being this devoid of supporting talent.

The Lakers just don't have a good eye for supporting talent. They didn't even have it when the Lakers were winning titles. It's just catching up to them now.

Posted Image

#39 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,782 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:51 PM

The Lakers made a huge mistake by keeping Pau for too long and trading for Steve Nash. Other teams also used the luxury tax MLE and the vet's minimum much better over the years. I get there are limitations, but it's still no excuse for the Lakers being this devoid of supporting talent.

The Lakers just don't have a good eye for supporting talent. They didn't even have it when the Lakers were winning titles. It's just catching up to them now.

And wait until next off season when Kobe refuses to take a massive pay cut.  This could end in a very ugly fashion ....

#40 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yes!!! Clippers got much worse!!! Bahahahahaha!!! Terrible deal on Clippers part

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users