Photo

Earl Clark signs 2 year deal with Cleveland (team option 2nd year)

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#201 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:54 PM

i couldnt believe that after i read the terms with the second season being a team option. did buss forget that they will need roleplayers in 2014? ffs, they could have matched and traded him for picks if they didnt care to keep him. hmm pretense of things to come, its bout to get ugly i suspect.

i hate gilbert. im sure he wasy happy to target him or possibly make the lakers have to pay more to keep him. when will a purple and gold piano ever fall on that guy?

good luck earl, youre going to need it playing for that bottom feeding scum of the earth dan gilbert.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#202 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 04, 2013 - 11:18 PM

copeland is 29

look at the ages of the majority of fa's. most of the best players in the league are around that age anyways. yes they have more nba experience obviously but they also likely have more miles on them, though im not entirely sure of the grind of playing in europe.

copeland would be nice but i would imagine he will go with who pays him the most being a late bloomer and all. with that said, teams may not want to dish out much on a guy they prob dont know a whole lot about.

id be surprised if he settles for a 1 year or 2nd year team option though.

Edited by SweatShop, July 04, 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#203 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 05, 2013 - 06:08 AM

damn shame he got away

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#204 BLK MAMBA 81

BLK MAMBA 81

Rookie

• 285 posts
  • Name:Jackal Phrenic 210SA
  • Fan Since:96 - Forever
  • Fav. Laker:MR. 81

Posted July 05, 2013 - 06:44 AM

damn shame he got away

#205 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:12 AM

I keep reading posts about "Mitch's 2014 Plan" ... can someone enlighten me?  And I don't mean the "we're LA, we will have no one on the payroll and every big time FA wants to play in LA" sorta talk.  That's wishful thnking, not a plan.  I mean a real plan.  What is it?

How do role players like Earl Clark not have a place on this team at the modest package that he received from Cleveland?  Is there an informal agreement in place with Kobe to take a big pay cut so that we can sign almost an entire, whole (real) team in 2014?

Sometimes the most objective look at your own team and plan is from the outside.  Spending some time on other team's boards where there are hopefully some knowledgeable and objective fans (which means staying off the Celtics boards) is enlightening ... and they dont see the Lakers plan either.

Debbie Downer

#206 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:42 AM

So it worked in Miami but can't possibly work here.

you do realize that we've lost plenty FAs due to having NO cap space in the last few years.

Why do I even entertain dumb questions like this.

Mitch doesn't have a plan.

lakers doomed.

thats all you want to hear, so there you go.

Now , feel good about your generation and how things got done.

#207 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,616 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:20 AM

He made a smart decision. 4.5 mil a year after having not even one full decent season. Have to take that money, that opportunity may never come again.

#208 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,418 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:26 AM

I would rather have more money next season when there are tons of good options, than sign a guy that is going to possibly contribute to a team that isn't going to be able to compete, with or without D12.

#209 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:33 AM

I bet Clark left because Dwight told him he's not staying

#210 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Why do I even entertain dumb questions like this.

Then don't bother, B-IQ.  Use your ignore button for most of us, as we appear to be beneath you.  You obviously are operating on a mental plane well above mine and many others here.  

The point of this forum is to toss ideas around, not take relentless shots at others, as you seem insistent on doing.  There are lots of views expressed on here that I dont necessarily agree with, and thats fine.  Dude, you got some anger issues to deal with ....

Debbie Downer

#211 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:39 AM

I bet Clark left because Dwight told him he's not staying

Same thought crossed my mind.  May be the best indication so far of Dwight's intent.

Debbie Downer

#212 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Then don't bother, B-IQ.  Use your ignore button for most of us, as we appear to be beneath you.  You obviously are operating on a mental plane well above mine and many others here.  

The point of this forum is to toss ideas around, not take relentless shots at others, as you seem insistent on doing.  There are lots of views expressed on here that I dont necessarily agree with, and thats fine.  Dude, you got some anger issues to deal with ....

Just st average joes ALWAYS thinking that people whose livelihoods DEPEND on this, aren't doing their due diligence .

just because you'r afraid of , i am assuming , your bragging rights being taken away?

#213 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:44 AM

In fact, i'm tired of what has been the BEST franchise in sports for at least the past 30 years, ALWAYS getting questioned by their OWN fans, just because EVERY year isn't successful

that's the TYPICAl UGLY AMERICAn, who wants to have a monopoly on ALL the rosources, and whenever there is even an appearance of someone doing better, they can't handle it.

I do have a MAJOR issue with that type of person/fan

the Lakers have given us 5 in the past 13 years,

the alternative is the Spurs, NOT PERFECTION

I think everyone gets that confused

#214 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:56 AM

just because you'r afraid of , i am assuming , your bragging rights being taken away?

I feel so stupid, I have no idea what this post says ...

Debbie Downer

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 11:20 PM

Thank you Earl for telling us you wanted to stay a Laker no matter what & would even take less & then going on & betraying us. Great liar you are.

yo.

#216 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:04 AM

Maybe earl clark knew that D12 was not gonna sign with LA

33bkfif.jpg

#217 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,438 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:29 AM

According to SAS, Clark was MDA's whipping boy. He would belittle him in front of the whole team as if Clark was 3 feet tall. Clark couldn't wait to get away from MDA.

So it seems this was about more than just money.

#218 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,974 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:02 PM

Mo' money, mo' bettah.

Be rock hard, Clark. 'Venture awaits you.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#219 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:29 PM

According to SAS, Clark was MDA's whipping boy. He would belittle him in front of the whole team as if Clark was 3 feet tall. Clark couldn't wait to get away from MDA.

So it seems this was about more than just money.

I'm willing to bet SAS has absolutely no idea if that's true or not.

SAS's job on that show whenever talking about the Lakers or Dwight Howard is to bash D'antoni and Jim Buss.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#220 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,438 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'm willing to bet SAS has absolutely no idea if that's true or not.

SAS's job on that show whenever talking about the Lakers or Dwight Howard is to bash D'antoni and Jim Buss.

There's a First Take segment on YouTube about it. It's one of the ones where they talk about the state of the Lakers post-Dwight. He said it was common knowledge around the Lakers Organization how MDA treated Clark, or something of the sort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users