Photo

Clips, Spurs, Thunder, Nets, Celtics and Pacers Want Ron Adams

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,630 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 01, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Bulls GM Says He Laid Off Tom Thibodeau's Top Assistant, Ron Adams

DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) -- Chicago Bulls general manager Gar Forman insisted it was his call to let Tom Thibodeau's top assistant go and downplayed the idea there's friction with the coach.

The Bulls announced Monday that they were not renewing Ron Adams' contract for next season, raising a few eyebrows.

"The decision was made by me because I felt it was the best decision for the Bulls going forward," Forman said.

Why was it the best decision? Forman wouldn't say.

Adams rejoined the Bulls in 2010 after serving as an assistant with Oklahoma City following a five-year run in Chicago from 2003 to 2008. The way this move came down was unusual because head coaches generally set their staff, yet it was the general manager pulling the plug in this case.

"Here's what I don't want to get into," Forman said. "We make tens if not hundreds of decisions every year. I don't think we want to evaluate every decision, who's on board. We communicate about every decision, and at the end of the day, I've got to make the decisions I feel are best for this organization moving forward. We'll unite and we'll move forward. Tom makes the decisions on the floor. He's our head coach. I think he's as good a coach as there is in the NBA. He does a great job.

"Do I agree with absolutely every decision he makes?" he continued. "We'll communicate, probably not. But at the end of the day, I'm going to support the decisions he makes and I think he's going to support decisions that I make. As long as once they're made, we unite and move forward because the goal is to continue to get this team better and to compete for a championship."

http://www.nba.com/2...s.ap/index.html

Maybe the Lakers should hire him to D'Antoni's coaching staff.

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, July 15, 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#2 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 01, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Wouldn't mind us getting Ron Adams. We already have Dan d'antoni, Mark Madsen, Kurt Rambis (maybe), I believe the total of assistant coaches is 5. Other candidates that I would want to come here is Byron Scott, Larry Brown, Avery Johnson.

#3 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 01, 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hmm friction with Thibbs and Forman...

#4 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,630 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:59 AM

Clips, Spurs, Thunder, Nets, Celtics and Pacers Want Ron Adams

Ron Adams is drawing interest to become an assistant coach with the Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers and Brooklyn Nets.

The Bulls didn't renew Adams' contract for the 13-14 season.

Adams had been the top assistant of Tom Thibodeau.

http://articles.chic...-marquis-teague

#5 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:02 AM

Wouldn't mind us getting Ron Adams. We already have Dan d'antoni, Mark Madsen, Kurt Rambis (maybe), I believe the total of assistant coaches is 5. Other candidates that I would want to come here is Byron Scott, Larry Brown, Avery Johnson.

You got more chances of signing Dwightmare to a vet min contract than Larry Brown taking an assistant job to MDA

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users