#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,075 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 01, 2013 - 06:57 PM

because anytime you can sign a 6'9 200 lb center stuck in a SF body, you do it...

Didn't stop him from shooting nearly 60%  :)  

And he's 6'10

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,075 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 06:59 PM

So you want THIS GUY as our backup Center behind Dwight, or do you want Sacre as our backup center behind Dwight?  

It's not a hard answer.   him and Hill coming off the bench would be a force and would allow both Pau(if he's still here) and Dwight(if he re-signs) to rest and cut down on their minutes, Pau's in particular. 

Though Sacre can stay the last guy off the bench like last year for his dancing though :)

Edited by Majesty, July 01, 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#23 Rad

Rad

• 1,629 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 07:36 PM

Would be very pleased if we acquired him.

#24 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:20 PM

prob just an agent using the hot lakers keyword like gc said.

they really need to know what they need before they can do anything so d12 will hopefully make up her mind soon.

clark will also have some affect on this, what they do with pau. lots to figure out first.

wright could be a deal as he is young and hasnt necessarily maxed out his potential, he moves well ect. but could be better at the fundamentals and lacks low post size.

if they retained all bigs, then i would def look more for wing players as there are only so many minutes. of course they need a wing player regardless so if there was one fast(pre dwight) move maybe thats it.

then again , they might have already planned for either dwight or pau to be gone. all we can do is speculate at this point. if all things are the same minus jamison, i guess he could take his roster spot. may not be much in the way of minutes though.

Edited by SweatShop, July 01, 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#25 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,772 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:20 PM

2u4352b.jpg

P.S. Him and Hill can play together and I'm sure you'd rather have him over Sacre(on the court)

Hill and Wright as our backup PF and C? Hell no. No need for that to happen. We should be able to find someone better, if we could get Barnes and another front court player we'd be in a better situation.. I dont think  the Lakers are interested anyway.

Edited by fozi, July 01, 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,075 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hill and Wright as our backup PF and C? Hell no. No need for that to happen. We should be able to find someone better, if we could get Barnes and another front court player we'd be in a better situation.. I dont think  the Lakers are interested anyway.

A better backup 4/5 combo than Hill and Wright who is a near 60% shooter with youth and athleticism and can play defense ESPECIALLY on our budget?   And you'd rather have Barnes?

No offense but I think that's delusional :)

Clark, Hill and Wright >  Barnes Hill and Sacre pretty clearly.

Edited by Majesty, July 01, 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#27 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 988 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:37 PM

I like him.
Let's say both are interested.
Will we have to choose between him and webster?

#28 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:42 PM

A better backup 4/5 combo than Hill and Wright who is a near 60% shooter with youth and athleticism and can play defense ESPECIALLY on our budget?   And you'd rather have Barnes?

apples and oranges, especially with his front court player being unnamed. nobody is sure what they will need most when the [expletive] does or doesnt hit the fan. the only thing with clark hill and wright might be some redundancy but yeah id play any of them over sacre.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#29 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,772 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:21 PM

Having depth in the 2 and 3 position is more important than getting a center, which can be filled by either Dwight, Pau, Hill..

Barnes can contribute more than what Wright ,who couldn't be consistant throughout his career, can give.

Our perimeter is our weakness ,unless we're getting a player who has enough to give, we shouldn't lose a spot for that position.

The case shouldn't  be its either Sacre or Wright. Just make better selections.. Obviously we'll wait to see what Howard does but if he's that good for what we can offer then you'd see him in a purple and gold jersey.

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,075 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Having depth in the 2 and 3 position is more important than getting a center, which can be filled by either Dwight, Pau, Hill..

Barnes can contribute more than what Wright ,who couldn't be consistant throughout his career, can give.

Our perimeter is our weakness ,unless we're getting a player who has enough to give, we shouldn't lose a spot for that position.

The case shouldn't  be its either Sacre or Wright. Just make better selections.. Obviously we'll wait to see what Howard does but if he's that good for what we can offer then you'd see him in a purple and gold jersey.

Brendan Wright who is a consistent 57% shooter and shot 59% last year and 60% the year before that isn't consistent?  :smh:

#31 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Damn I can't imagine this, Jordan Hill is our offensive back up bigman then Wright is our defensive back up big man ! come on guys you're gonna love that combo btw I forgot to mention Mike D doesn't like player who can't hit 3 points  :laughing:  goodluck Jordan Hill and Wright.

33bkfif.jpg

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,075 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Damn I can't imagine this, Jordan Hill is our offensive back up bigman then Wright is our defensive back up big man ! come on guys you're gonna love that combo

I sure as heck do :D

#33 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,772 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Dont let the numbers fool you, have you watched Dallas the last two seasons ?

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,075 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:34 PM

Dont let the numbers fool you, have you watched Dallas the last two seasons ?

yep and he's much better than Sacre and coming off the bench would help us a lot more.  I watched Barnes here too and I would trust Clark over him as far as the future goes.

Don't know how one could argue that Clark, Hill, Wright isn't better than Barnes, Hill, Sacre.

We already have Blake and Meeks at that point as well.

Blake
Meeks
Clark
Hill
Wright

Is solid.  And Wright is more of an upgrade that we could use at the backup center spot over Sacre than Barnes would be over clark and in reality Barnes wouldn't even be an upgrade over Clark.

#35 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:40 PM

yep and he's much better than Sacre and coming off the bench would help us a lot more. I watched Barnes here too and I would trust Clark over him as far as the future goes.

Don't know how one could argue that Clark, Hill, Wright isn't better than Barnes, Hill, Sacre.

We already have Blake and Meeks at that point as well.

Blake
Meeks
Clark
Hill
Wright

Is solid. And Wright is more of an upgrade that we could use at the backup center spot over Sacre than Barnes would be over clark and in reality Barnes wouldn't even be an upgrade over Clark.

How about someone a little more consistent than Meeks lmfaoooo? We need a consistent shooter we can count on to make at least 2-3 threes a game

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,075 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:41 PM

How about someone a little more consistent than Meeks lmfaoooo? We need a consistent shooter we can count on to make at least 2-3 threes a game

Would rather upgrade Sacre at the 5 first before upgrading Meeks at the 2, if you get what I mean.

#37 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:46 PM

Would rather upgrade Sacre at the 5 first before upgrading Meeks at the 2, if you get what I mean.

You don't upgrade something that doesn't fix your needs. We need floor spacers not a backup center. In fact, knowing MDA, if he stays, wright won't log much minutes. let's get those shoooters. If you could somehow fix both cool.

Edited by Ham, July 01, 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#38 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:52 PM

LOL good luck for searching consistent shooter no matter what good shooter we got, LAKERS are not good at motivating shooters. That's why I prefer a player who can defend than shoot. 

33bkfif.jpg

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,075 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:53 PM

You don't upgrade something that doesn't fix your needs. We need floor spacers not a backup center. In fact, knowing MDA, if he stays, wright won't log much minutes. let's get those shoooters. If you could somehow fix both cool.

We have Ryan Kelly and every other free agent report out there that we're looking for has been floor spacers(much to Real Deal's annoyance) so that's gonna be taken care of.

That's why the next focus is on our next blaring weakness which is at bench center and Sacre is the guy we'd need to upgrade in that scenario. 

Edited by Majesty, July 01, 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#40 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 01, 2013 - 10:04 PM

This move isn't happening i think. Wright is a productive big man and those guys usually gets paid a bit more than the minimum. Whether Dwight is here or not a defensive/3pt shooting wing should the first priority.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users