29 replies to this topic

#21 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 01, 2013 - 12:37 PM

good players dont want to come play for pennies for a 1 year contract, what if they get injured and can never get another contract? only good players that will do that are old ones that want to win, is an old guy going to come to the lakers this season for a ring?

they had a lot of hype last season and the best they could do was jamison, do you see how that relates to now?

right now they are putting an iron in the fire of any guy that can shoot to give d12 the impression that they want to build around him. wether they bring him back could largely affect who wants to play in la and will largely affect who the go after.

Edited by SweatShop, July 01, 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#22 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,884 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 01, 2013 - 12:44 PM

1462672.jpg

#23 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 01, 2013 - 12:47 PM

1462672.jpg

dont you think he has been jumped on enough, a little tact goes a long way.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#24 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:26 AM

Kobe's Legacy   That's why

My point is the next year is a wash anyways. Why not just suck it up and be bad for a couple years til we can really get something going again? What are we gonna do, just throw around 1 year minimum contracts and bet the farm on 2014?

I get it, we can't spend much anything til our huge contracts come off the books, but this is just sad. The Lakers have turned into the desperate girl at the party. 

#25 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 02, 2013 - 03:29 AM

The arrogance and entitlement that will potentially drive Dwight away(Fans).

you'll get what you earn

I feel like you're not a laker fan. You're a bandwagoner. Do I need to get you a link to a clipper or heat forum?

#26 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,290 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 02, 2013 - 06:46 AM

I feel like you're not a laker fan. You're a bandwagoner. Do I need to get you a link to a clipper or heat forum?

please do

#27 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 02, 2013 - 08:14 AM

The arrogance and entitlement that will potentially drive Dwight away(Fans).

you'll get what you earn

Dude, chill.  The OP had a point he wanted to make.  Calling him "arrogant" (especially given your chosen user name) because he doesn't "get" the salary cap from your perspective is not cool.  In fact I think the OP may have been thinking a couple levels above where the basic analysis in this thread has gone and didn't feel the need to explain the basic thought process.  Most posters on this forum "get" the salary cap issues.

As I see it, this thing goes one of two ways-

1.  Dwight resigns, we do our best to surround him with as much talent as cheaply as we can.  Inevitably, guys that think they are worth a big FA contract wont get them because they aren't that good or the economics of the CBA kick in.  After the first round of FAs sign, the leftover pool still contains some really good talent that can be had cheap (MMLE or vet min cheap).  THOSE are the guys that we should be targeting now, so that when they don't land the big offer, they call us next.  Those guys often will sign short term deals.

2.  Dwight bolts.  Doesn't really matter what we do, we are screwed for next season, but probably end up with similar talent, just different players for now different roles.

Back to the OP's points ... I don't see Jordan Farmar et all as being the type guys we are after in either case.

Debbie Downer

#28 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Kobe's Legacy   That's why

Kobe's legacy is what caused the Nash trade.  God help us if Mitch goes that route again.  I love Nash as a person and respect his still substantial (but  diminished) skills, but FOUR draft picks????

Debbie Downer

#29 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 02, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Kobe's legacy is what caused the Nash trade. God help us if Mitch goes that route again. I love Nash as a person and respect his still substantial (but diminished) skills, but FOUR draft picks????

He was injured a lot of the season last season. I think he'll be better this season.

#30 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 09:26 PM

He was injured a lot of the season last season. I think he'll be better this season.

Used properly, minutes managed well, good medical staff, maybe the oldest player in the league (I think) holds up for an entire season, but  the odds are against that.

Debbie Downer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users