#401 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 12, 2013 - 08:11 PM

NY#0 sounds like a loop of "The Wire" quotes spoken in a very hoodish dialect. My .02

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#402 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:38 PM

beb66c9aeb2711e2852722000a1fbd42_7.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#403 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:57 PM

seems like we turned into the mavs after they won the ring

Posted Image

#404 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:04 AM

No, the Mavs are taking Dalembert out to dinner.

#405 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:11 AM

Nick Young on the Clippers Rivalry

L.A.'s own Nick Young played for the Clips in 2011. Now he's a Laker. The rivalry? "You can feel it in the air ..."

"It most definitely is (a rivalry)," Nick Young said at his introductory Lakers presser on Friday. "You can feel it in the air. People are saying the Clippers are the better team now because they’re loading up. You never know until you get on that hardwood. You see, the Clippers went out in the first round too last year. So, it’s still a fight."

Young was on the Clippers two seasons ago, in Chris Paul's first year in L.A. He was very optimistic about the Lakers' chances this season when everyone is writing them off, reminding the assembled reporters that all the hope the Lakers and Clippers had heading into last season didn't amount to diddly squat in playoff results. So, you never know.

Nick Young talks about his friendship with Farmar

Nick Young on being high school AAU teammates, NCAA rivals and soon to be NBA teammates w/ Jordan Farmar ...

"Me and J, we’re still friends off the court," Nick Young said of Farmar at his introductory Lakers press conference on Friday. "Even though we were rivals growing up, it’s just fun. We played on the same traveling AAU team and we pretty much know each other. He tried to get me to go to UCLA with him and I couldn’t do that, but he gave me a phone call the other day and told me to come on board here and I was with that."

While Farmar's pitch to Young couldn't land him with the Bruins (Young went to USC), his Lakers' recruitment worked out, even with Farmar doing one thing to jeopardize it: Jordan snagged jersey No. 1 before Young could get dibs on the number he wore for most of his career. Young chose No. 0 instead.

More here: espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/36902/nick-young-happy-to-return-home

hope Mcten fixes the link.

Edited by Majesty, July 13, 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#406 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:13 AM

Just watched his presser. He looks SO happy to be here, like a kid on Christmas. It's nice to see his enthusiasm. 

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#407 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,541 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:17 AM

Farmar already did something right; brought Nick Young in haha. Thanks Jordy

#408 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Edited by Chad, July 13, 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#409 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:46 AM

Just watched his presser. He looks SO happy to be here, like a kid on Christmas. It's nice to see his enthusiasm. 

dwight was elated too last year during his press conference. 

#410 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:50 AM

True but Dwight didn't take a minimum contract lol. In any case, it's nice to see his zeal for the city and franchise. 

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#411 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 12:50 AM

I don't think we've ever had a second scorer on the Lakers while Kobe was here that could find their own shot that way. 

I keep trying to think but I don't think we've had one.   We haven't had a guy that Kobe could pass the ball to that could make something happen or score in the 30 range. 

Only Metta has been the guy that could create his own shot till Nick Young got here.

Nash too but he doesn't look to score as much.

#412 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:36 AM

Best Nick Young Mix imo one of them

#413 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:44 AM

Dwight was elated because he thought he could come to LA and ride along with Kobe, Pau and Nash to a championship. But then the losses started piling up and he was afraid of hard work so wanted to leave.

#414 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:55 AM

Gilbert Arenas: Nick Young has the 'potential' to be as good as Kobe if he put his mind to it.

That's very high praise considering when Arenas said that Kobe was the greatest player on the planet.

But I think it's obvious by now as years go on that Nick hasn't reached that potential cause he never completed his game or slowed it down or disciplined it to get to that point. 

But I still feel that if he completed his game he could be a top shooting guard in this league, he has the talent and potential, it's in his head where he has to refine it.    If he slowed his game down and played disciplined, he could be a top player in this league, a top 5 shooting guard for sure as well.   But that's what I consider him at his "max" potential that's achievable. 

If he listens to Kobe while he's here, there's no doubt this will be one of his better years, but if he goes out there and tries to rush everything and play undisciplined, he won't have the impact we hope he will.  

Hopefully being surrounded by vets like Nash and Kobe will help him a lot.   A Nick Young that refines and completes his game and knows when to pick his spots is probably one of the most dangerous 2s in the league when he gets going.  The problem is it's only been seen in flashes up to now.   This will have to be the year he shows it more often than not.  Even defensively if he put his mind to it he would be a better defender.  The guy has unbelievable athleticism and a 7 FOOT wingspan... he SHOULD be a better defender than he is.  He's a good help side block shot person but he should be a better defender.

By show it I mean "Sixth man of the year" Candidate show it!    

But one thing Young has always said dating back to his draft days was he wanted to play for the Lakers to play under and learn from his idol Kobe Bryant.

if Kobe takes Young under his wing and this kid listens..... we got a weapon.   One we haven't had since Kobe's been here OTHER than Kobe.

If not?

Then we'll get the same ole Nick Young.  Who will dazzle us one night with his talent and make us bang our head the next.

Edited by Majesty, July 13, 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#415 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:59 AM

tumblr_mhqc5jyj131qbqbieo1_500.gif

tumblr_mh3pt6iFIS1rnt56ho1_400.gif

#416 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 03:36 AM

Something I found

MikeG on LakersGround way back in 2007 about Nick Young breakdown.  Draft type.

http://forums.lakers...pic.php?t=42863

very interesting quote from a response

ballerxj wrote: Nice report Mike, thanks for doing it. What type of role do you see Nick Young having if he somehow fell to the lakers? Do you look for him to be given the ball and asked to create or have others create for him while he moves w/out the ball? I guess what i am trying to ask is how well would he fit in the triangle.

Complimentary wing to Bryant. Goodrich to Jerry West.

He does need to be given the ball, but not every possession. He can create for himself but only at a 2nd or 3rd option level.

That's pretty much what his role will be.  The complimentary wing to Kobe, as well as our 6th man of the bench that will get starter minutes at times as well.

Edited by Majesty, July 13, 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#417 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 03:53 AM

Who on the Lakers does this besides Kobe?

#418 Rad

Rad

• 1,621 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 03:57 AM

If he listens to Kobe while he's here, there's no doubt this will be one of his better years, but if he goes out there and tries to rush everything and play undisciplined, he won't have the impact we hope he will. 

He'll be listening to, and doing whatever Kobe says no doubt, here is a Looney Tunes rendition of what it will be like:

#419 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 07:37 AM

Dwight was elated because he thought he could come to LA and ride along with Kobe, Pau and Nash to a championship. But then the losses started piling up and he was afraid of hard work so wanted to leave.

Pretty much this

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#420 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 13, 2013 - 07:44 AM

This year is going to turn his career around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users